Smokehouse Nature Trail [CLOSED]

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(24)
Fayetteville, Arkansas

Smokehouse Nature Trail is a 0.8 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fayetteville, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.8 km Elevation Gain: 34 m Route Type: Loop

closed

This trail is an easy half mile loop that only has one confusing path where it appears trees have fallen. Easy enough to get through on foot, but not on a bike. In the fall leaves cover the trail making it a guessing game as to where the trail really is in places but you'll get there just fine.

Great trail! There are two great points to start right near the Arboretum. Marked Mr. Clyde or Miss Nanny. We parked at the Smoke House / Fayettechill parking lot and started at Mr. Clyde. A little muddy but not bad considering all the rain we’ve had recently. Perfect for our 3 yr old daughter and young pup.

Nice short trail in the city. Informative and educational plates along trail.

icy

Great short trail! Not much parking near trail head so I parked at the smokehouse next to the arboretum. Trail was well managed and full of informative signs.

I think this trail is technically on private property but it is well taken care of and open to the public. The tree markers are easy to follow and the path is visible and looks like used often when I visited. I just parked as close to the side of the road as i could. There is no shoulder but really the only traffic is the people who live further up the road and they just went around me. From start to finish it probably only took me 45 mins to finish the trail and I was walking pretty slow. Excited to go again in the spring when there's more wildlife!

Where are you supposed to park to go on this trail? Everything is private property. So sad I couldn’t go on it

Sun May 05 2019

Sat Dec 22 2018

Not a bad short trail that also connects to a trail that goes farther up the road, then the road to the top. One property has goats, so that's always a fun sight. After a good rain the trail follows a temporary larger stream, adding to a small sense of adventure. Too short of a trail, but at least it's woodsy and quiet and not a far drive.

Mon Dec 04 2017

I would like to do this hike but don’t see any place to park a vehicle and the road is a small 2 lane with no shoulders.

Fri Oct 21 2016

Our family went here last week and loved it. Check out our review: http://www.thefreebirdsrv.com/smokehouse-nature-trail-review/

Sat Mar 26 2016

not a bad trail at all, fairly steep trail system. this app says it's only .8 miles long but from parking area to top and back was alittle over 4 miles long.

Sat Mar 15 2014

EXTREMELY hard to follow trail. This is mostly because of when I visited. Recent ice storm wreaked havoc on the trail with a lot of downed branches and obstacles. On top of that, there were leaves all over the pathway making it nearly impossible to find your way through. Had to stop many times to get my bearings and figure out my next move. Towards the end of the trail the landowner walked in and apologized for the current condition it was in. He said they would have a crew make it easier to manage in the near future. Very nice fellow. He even suggested a new trail nearby! Looking forward to going back to get the full experience soon.

Sat Jan 27 2018