Shaddox Hollow Nature Trail

Shaddox Hollow Nature Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rogers, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

The first 1/2 mile of this loop trail follows a ridgeline, providing an easy hike. The trail then descends into Shaddox Hollow. The descent is rather steep in places. The trail winds along the creek through stands of hardwoods and native Ozark vegetation. Some interesting limestone bluffs are found along this section. After progressing up the creek, the trail begins the climb back to the trailhead. This climb can be strenuous in places.

Saw 3 of the 4 Indian trail marker trees.

We absolutely loved it! I had my 3 kiddos (7, 4, & 1) plus our little dog. We had a blast! The water on the lake was down super low so the kids were able to walk around & see all the cool stuff that's typically under water. We will definitely be back to hike this one!

Parts of this trail are a little steep but overall a good trail to hike.

Nice moderate trail. While I was out, two rangers were clearing downed branches and removing debris from even the small offshoot trails. This trail is lovely and well-maintained. I'd like to see it again in the rainy season. The bluffs and creeks should be really beautiful then.

My first "real" hike as a child was in this trail.

Nice, hot.

One of the best trails at Hobbs. This is the best time of year to see this beautiful terrain.

great hike, beautiful scenery, kid and dog friendly