Shaddox Hollow Nature Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rogers, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

The first 1/2 mile of this loop trail follows a ridgeline, providing an easy hike. The trail then descends into Shaddox Hollow. The descent is rather steep in places. The trail winds along the creek through stands of hardwoods and native Ozark vegetation. Some interesting limestone bluffs are found along this section. After progressing up the creek, the trail begins the climb back to the trailhead. This climb can be strenuous in places.

One of my favorites in the area. Been here two times already, it never disappoints.

Great trail for the whole family.

Pretty little hike with small bluffs and lake shore.

This is a nice, well maintained trail that is easy to follow. It is a relatively easy trail if you are in modest shape but did see one lady struggling a little coming up out of the valley as there is some elevation gain. You start at the top so what goes down must come up. Some interesting rock formations and the cave was nice. The cave is a short distance off the standard trail but if you pay attention you will see a path leading up to a rock formation and it is there so do t miss it.

A great trail for a short little hike. We did this one in the morning before we left town and loved the scenery. Offers some neat side paths that lead up to some small caves or down to the lake.

We love this trail! We take our kids out here all the time & they do great. They especially love going in the little cave, hanging out by the lake. Definitely recommend!

Going in as one of my favorites! The cliff rocks. The foliage. The lizards. The cave! The lake! It is definitely a moderate hike. Steep in places. Close to the edge in others. Loose rock, so good shoes needed. It is very worth the time tho.

Great trail!! A bit interesting for a 4,5,7 yr olds, but they still had a good time.

Surprisingly great trail. Well manicured and scenic. Looking forward to going back.

Good walk to take my dog with me.

beautiful hike!! not terribly difficult but I wouldn't take it if I was shaky.

Quick and relatively easy

Enjoyable 1.5 mile looped trail.

Beautiful, easy hike and close to the road. Some views of the lake through the trees. A staple for those looking for local easy-to-get-to hikes.

Great trail. Our family has done it several times - with little kids!

Sunday, November 05, 2017

My German Shepherd and I did this trail, he thinks he is a German Shepherd model so he had plenty of places to pose for my camera.
It was a great hike and those stairs made me wish that I could walk up to Heaven and hug my Mom.

Saturday, October 07, 2017

great cave! great trail!

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Great hike! Not too short not too long! A few steep spots for small kids.
Awesome little cave along the way and a small glimpse of beaver lake with a trail down to the water.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

We really enjoy this trail. Great elevation changes with beautiful scenery.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

An excellent trail. Go in to the right. About half way you will see a lake. There is a trail to it. Continue on and you will follow a nice stream. There is also a cave you can hike up to. Coming on out is a little strenuous but definitely doable.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

beautiful short trail, not too busy, only saw 3 other hikers, only part that was strenuous was the incline at the end but it was well worth the effort, beautiful stream and scenic foilage

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Did this trail with three small kids. The stairs were the only tricky part for them. The limestone creek as well as the various small caves on the trail were the highlights.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Good clean trail. Good heart starter at times.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

I started the trail around 6:00 pm ; it was the perf timing to catch great lighting and watch the sunset go down! The trees where so green it felt unreal! The trail does consist of a few up hill walks along the finishing point since I started on the left side not the right side of the starting point. The trail is very beautiful,well kept and worth the whole 1.5 mile walk! I also took some time & sat next to the cave to watch the sunset slowly go down. It was incredible. Bring your camera with you!
If you like forest scenic views this is the perfect trail!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

This is a beautiful, short trail through Shaddox Hollow. I see that the rating is "moderate", but I'd call it easy. There are no very steep inclines. The trail winds through woods of pine, oak, maple, and birch, and down beneath limestone bluffs. I rested on a shaded shelf beneath a bluff, and water was seeping through the rocks above me and dripping on my head to cool me. I drank some water at the source of a natural spring. It was cold and refreshing. I saw a couple of caves. One tunnel seemed to go deep into the hillside beneath a bluff. I wanted to explore it, but it looked like it could be a bear den (though probably black bears are out of their dens this time of year). What was most amazing was seeing an enormous golden eagle, with a wing spread broader than I can spread my arms. It was majestic! I often see bald eagles in this area, but this was the first golden eagle I've seen here.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Nice trail

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Saw 3 of the 4 Indian trail marker trees.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

We absolutely loved it! I had my 3 kiddos (7, 4, & 1) plus our little dog. We had a blast! The water on the lake was down super low so the kids were able to walk around & see all the cool stuff that's typically under water. We will definitely be back to hike this one!