Shaddox Hollow Nature Trail

Shaddox Hollow Nature Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rogers, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

The first 1/2 mile of this loop trail follows a ridgeline, providing an easy hike. The trail then descends into Shaddox Hollow. The descent is rather steep in places. The trail winds along the creek through stands of hardwoods and native Ozark vegetation. Some interesting limestone bluffs are found along this section. After progressing up the creek, the trail begins the climb back to the trailhead. This climb can be strenuous in places.

Beautiful, easy hike and close to the road. Some views of the lake through the trees. A staple for those looking for local easy-to-get-to hikes.

Great trail. Our family has done it several times - with little kids!

My German Shepherd and I did this trail, he thinks he is a German Shepherd model so he had plenty of places to pose for my camera.
It was a great hike and those stairs made me wish that I could walk up to Heaven and hug my Mom.

great cave! great trail!

Great hike! Not too short not too long! A few steep spots for small kids.
Awesome little cave along the way and a small glimpse of beaver lake with a trail down to the water.

We really enjoy this trail. Great elevation changes with beautiful scenery.

An excellent trail. Go in to the right. About half way you will see a lake. There is a trail to it. Continue on and you will follow a nice stream. There is also a cave you can hike up to. Coming on out is a little strenuous but definitely doable.

beautiful short trail, not too busy, only saw 3 other hikers, only part that was strenuous was the incline at the end but it was well worth the effort, beautiful stream and scenic foilage

Did this trail with three small kids. The stairs were the only tricky part for them. The limestone creek as well as the various small caves on the trail were the highlights.

Good clean trail. Good heart starter at times.

I started the trail around 6:00 pm ; it was the perf timing to catch great lighting and watch the sunset go down! The trees where so green it felt unreal! The trail does consist of a few up hill walks along the finishing point since I started on the left side not the right side of the starting point. The trail is very beautiful,well kept and worth the whole 1.5 mile walk! I also took some time & sat next to the cave to watch the sunset slowly go down. It was incredible. Bring your camera with you!
If you like forest scenic views this is the perfect trail!

This is a beautiful, short trail through Shaddox Hollow. I see that the rating is "moderate", but I'd call it easy. There are no very steep inclines. The trail winds through woods of pine, oak, maple, and birch, and down beneath limestone bluffs. I rested on a shaded shelf beneath a bluff, and water was seeping through the rocks above me and dripping on my head to cool me. I drank some water at the source of a natural spring. It was cold and refreshing. I saw a couple of caves. One tunnel seemed to go deep into the hillside beneath a bluff. I wanted to explore it, but it looked like it could be a bear den (though probably black bears are out of their dens this time of year). What was most amazing was seeing an enormous golden eagle, with a wing spread broader than I can spread my arms. It was majestic! I often see bald eagles in this area, but this was the first golden eagle I've seen here.

Nice trail

Saw 3 of the 4 Indian trail marker trees.

We absolutely loved it! I had my 3 kiddos (7, 4, & 1) plus our little dog. We had a blast! The water on the lake was down super low so the kids were able to walk around & see all the cool stuff that's typically under water. We will definitely be back to hike this one!

Parts of this trail are a little steep but overall a good trail to hike.

Nice moderate trail. While I was out, two rangers were clearing downed branches and removing debris from even the small offshoot trails. This trail is lovely and well-maintained. I'd like to see it again in the rainy season. The bluffs and creeks should be really beautiful then.

My first "real" hike as a child was in this trail.