Shaddox Hollow Nature Trail is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Rogers, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 242 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

The first 1/2 mile of this loop trail follows a ridgeline, providing an easy hike. The trail then descends into Shaddox Hollow. The descent is rather steep in places. The trail winds along the creek through stands of hardwoods and native Ozark vegetation. Some interesting limestone bluffs are found along this section. After progressing up the creek, the trail begins the climb back to the trailhead. This climb can be strenuous in places.

Fun and easy trail. Nice bluffs, some secret waterfalls, nice lake view midway, good uphill hikeout.

Good shade. Slight climbs involved. Stream and lake available to see.

Great trail for our 7, 5 and 1 year old. Some areas were a little harder for our 1 year old but he did great. Lots of great scenery, we would hike this trail again in the future.

Perfect trail for a five year old {and his parents}.

This was a great trail. A little muddy and places but with our poles/boots it was no problem. The rock overhangs and bluffs were just beautiful. A steep incline back up if you have little ones. Also, the local critters (slithering ones) are out to meet you.

Great trail that the whole family can do! Very well marked with some trails marked different for optional scenery/steep terrain. Muddy in some parts after it has rained, but nothing too bad. It’s one of our new favorites!

Really nice trail that is well marked and has some really cool views. A really nice mix of flat and steep terrain.

Very nice trail! So beautiful & not too difficult. It took us about an hour. Some uphill, some steady, some downhill. Would recommend!

Perfect small hike (took about 45 min). The trail was well maintained and the bathroom was clean. Will definitely visit again.

Great trail! I’m not in the best physical shape at 58, spouse 64, but the views were awesome and it was a great hike and we were glad the trail was the perfect length. Will hike again!!

Great little trail, there has been a lot of storm damage to the area around the trail Unfortunately but the trail itself is clear with few spots where there is a little bit of a wash out, but nothing to difficult if my 3 year old daughter can do it you shouldn't have any problems.

Fun and scenic little loop. We did counter clockwise and coming back out of that was a little strenuous but manageable. Nice bluffs and running little creek! Found a few caves to look at, one was collapsed. Parking area was great and easy to find. Restroom on site!

Fun little hike with a couple of small spurs. Good workout (what goes down must come back up). On neat bluff/cave/

Great hike! Easy trail for our family of 4. We did this in the winter time and I can’t wait to come see it in the spring and summer.

cold and peaceful. a couple of cliff overhangs had amazing icicles.

Nice short trail for a quick hike and beautiful right now with the colors of fall.

Nice trail with plenty of little off-trails along the way. It’s so gorgeous this time of year because of the fall leaf colors.

Great hike! Nice view of the lake and some cool caves!

This is close to my house and I run this trail about 3 times a week. I think because of the short distance it is not as popular as other trails, but I run the loop twice and find the elevation to be adequately challenging for my abilities. Plus most days, my dog and I have the trail all to ourselves.

Great short hike. Nice loop that starts on the ridge and then dips down into the hollow. Great spot for kids to explore a cave too about half-way in.

A lovely and perfect hollow trail for my boys 4&5yo and myself. We were the first on the trail at 8:30am. We completed with stops including rock throwing in the lake in under 90 minutes. Very few unsafe areas for kids which was a bonus compared to other moderate trails. The counterclockwise pattern we took included a harder climb up than if we’d gone clockwise. I imagine it to be very lovely if the water is flowing and the creek beds full. There were heaps of spiders, but to be expected with the season. Overall a good trail day!

Great trail with a lot of uphill on your way back up. Good workout and the bluffs are pretty.

Nice hike. Well marked trail.

Sat May 25 2019

Nice easy trail to follow. Took my dog on the trail and it was very peaceful and scenic. Came across a couple of small rock bluffs, kind of cool. Tried to walk down through one of the trails that follows the water’s edge but with the lake being so high, the trail was submerged in water. Still an easy to moderate walk, great for taking your pet!