Sam's Throne Trail

Sam's Throne Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Judea, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

In Mt. Judea, AR, at intersection of State Rts. 74 and 123, take Rt. 123 south 4.1 miles to Sam's Throne campground sign. Turn right at sign into campground. From Jasper, take Hwy 74 east to Hwy 123, take hwy 123 north about 10 miles to the campground sign and turn left into campground.

We drove from Springfield, Missouri just to find THE tree!! It was SO worth the drive.

Lots to explore, beautiful area!

Beautiful vistas. Easy hike. Lots to explore. A rappellers dream.

rock climbing

awesome hiking. awesome climbing my favorite spot in all of arkansas

Awesome views atop.

fun hike plus great climbing spot.

rock climbing

mostly trad climbing. classic area!

rock climbing

First time there I didn't realize you could repel . I will learn to repel so that I can finish this trek !

My German Shepherd and I enjoyed the hike. Watched rock climbers.
Beautiful place

Great Views!

Wonderful view of the throne. Lots of trail along steep bluffs.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Truly one of Arkansas's most special places!!! Lots of Climbing and hiking. Dog friendly!!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Beautiful views from several vistas as you hike your way around the top of the mountain. Perfect for fall color photography!

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

After the wonderful hike at Sam's Throne we decided to add this one. At first it was very flat & easy on an old road but the last 1/2 mile became increasingly overgrown with wild briars. We ended up turning around after countless cuts & scratches. The further we went the worse it got. We never reached the end & the view

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

We hiked several trails in this area over two days & this was our favorite. On a mountain top with the best vistas!

Monday, November 07, 2016

We took the dog trail over to Sam's Throne and then climbed up the Catacombs chimney on the way back. It was a great hike.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Great trail with some moderate level climbing depending on the path you take. Breathtaking views only a short distance from camp.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Such a great view! Not much of a home but great for photos

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Backpacked in and did quite a bit of rock climbing. One of my favorite spots with beautiful views!

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Climbed here twice, bouldering and free solo. Awesome place with great scenery!