Round Top Mountain Trail

Round Top Mountain Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Jasper, Arkansas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Round Top Mountain 3.5 mile trail loops around the base of the mountain top bluffs with scenic rock formations, minor remnants of a Bomber plan that crashed in the 1940's, and then climbs to the top of the bluff to allow panoramic views of the area before returning to the trail head. The trail provides some great views of Jasper and the surrounding area, along with some excellent rock formations and bluff lines. Stops on the trail include a indian bluff shelter & amarker where the plane crashed. The trail begins with a series of switch backs but quickly levels off with only a couple of climbs after that to reach the mountain top. Overall an easy trail. It only earns a moderate difficult rating for the beginning switch backs.

Nice trail on a clear day has some awesome views.

Views hindered by overgrowth trail not maintained. Crash site was neat. Glad we didn't give up it is there and clearly marked and easy to see.

Nice loop trail. Is a bit narrow and overgrown in spots but overall all a good trail No issues with insects/ticks, however I always use sportsmans grade insect repellent with 40% Deet. The trails on the top of the mountain, particularly the south trail was very overgrown, but that is to be expected for the time of year and sun exposure. I suspect this trail is great in the late fall and winter.

Poorly maintained. Lots of overgrown path and washed out steps. The plane is mostly vandalized, smaller pieces and not much to look at. The southern view was fantastic and a great stopping point for lunch.

Not a favorite, but pretty neat trail. I renamed it Copperhead Mountain, because we encountered at least 6 on the trail. There are restroom, and also a plane crash... I have a picture that looks like a dinosaur, when I get the laptop up, i'll post some pictures...Easy easy trail, go when cooler and snakes are in:) if they bother you too much. All in all we had a great little hike.

Good hiking trail, found a few ticks but all in all had a great time on it

Very pretty trail. Lots of large rock formations. Features a plane crash site, a rock/bluff shelter, and two overlook points. Steep incline starting out, but it gets better.

This was not one of my favorites. We went in June and it was way overgrown, we had ticks all over us, it was like walking on a deer trail. We did the whole trail, the bottom loop and the top both North and South views and West Trail. I would NOT recommend the bottom loop, there was nothing to see and pretty sure a mountain lion came running out of a large den in front of us. Of course this happened on the very beginning of our trail so we were terrified the rest of the way. We got to the top and went to the North view. Don't take the North View path, take the West Trail. The North View path is over grown and just not a decent trail. The West Trail is much better and takes you to the North View. The North View was beautiful. Very pretty! But I would not do the South View at all, it was very over grown and the View was not that pretty and mostly blocked by trees... the only reason I gave it this rating was because of the North View.

Lots and lots of ticks!!

Great view of the sunset from the north side of the mountain and a decent trail system but hard to follow at times. Lots of ticks so bring the Off.

Nice hike to do with kids. Lots to see.

little snow on one side and got a little chilly. good hike.

Great views