Rock House Cave and Lookout Trail

Rock House Cave and Lookout Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Morrilton, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rock House Cave Trail leads to a large rock shelter used by native americans. It has Native American rock art, created over 500 years ago, if you can find it. The trail also has "turtle rocks" formations along the way Purple Blazes mark the trail

Short easy, enjoy the petroglyphs

short and sweet trail!

Watch for the pictographs, theres a couple we saw. Tip: and they can be appreciated more in a photograph.

We love this area!! So neat to see!! Easy trail to follow and hike! The bluff drive around has amazing views too be sure to do that as well!

A quick trail that is well worth it!

This place was beautiful we stumbled upon it and decided to check it out very glad we did

Monday, February 27, 2017

Great little trail for family hiking. Our girls enjoyed the walk, seeing the sights, turtle rocks, and cave drawings!

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Cave is cool.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Did this Ranger guided hike and really enjoyed. They were able to point out cave drawings that I would not have noticed on my own. The "turtle rocks" in the glade area were also very cool. Would definitely do this one again.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Love this trail, and the amazing rockwork!!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

October 2015: Hiked all Petit Jean State Park trails, this was a beautiful and special hike.

Thursday, June 02, 2016

I loved walking into the rock house cave and seeing the ancient artwork. This was a very easy trail.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Very short and easy trail.Nice rock formations starting with Turtle Rocks. Then to the Rock House cave and if you look closely you can see some of the native marking.

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Cave was very interesting.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Great for the history buff. Love the art in the cave and the turtle rocks.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

This is a pretty short hike, but it is worth it to see the cave art, and the turtle rocks. So beautiful out there.

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

We hiked half the trail and loved it! Lots of special scenic spots as Tim Ernst would say!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Short yet fun trail. The turtle back rocks are super cool!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Very neat trail. My wife and I loved the Turtle Rocks and the Rock House Cave both. This trail also runs by the top of the Cedar Creek falls too.

Monday, April 06, 2015

Very short, easy and worth it. Cave is really neat and if you are looking for the Indian markings, look up a bit not eye level. The turtle rocks are great and makes fun pics.

Monday, January 26, 2015

We explored the cave as a stop on the BSA trail, worth the detour! Amazing and beautiful!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The trail is easy, well marked, a few steps, short, and the cave is easy to locate.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Any of my reviews will be realistic! I Am not out there to see how fast I can do it. I don't like to B.S. People. Everyone should hike this planet no matter what chronic disease they have or whatever their age is. I am 53. I just started and you can to. I like to make my reviews comical and real ! I'll let you know if your grand mother can hike it! Ok. Lets get everybody out there. Our goal is to get everybody outside and to get them to quit smoking, get moving and get healthier everyday, so they can get off some medications and feel better about themselves. So lets get moving!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

This trail is the first one I started and the cave at the end was a bonus! Anyone can hike this one at any age. It is amazing just how big the cave is! But be careful near the drop off with little ones, there are no barriers set up! I got some great pics out of this one!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

If you're exploring the Petit Jean area, you can't beat this trail for a quick excursion.
Lot's of fun rock formations that kids just love!

Friday, May 17, 2013

Not much of a hike, but is well worth doing on account of the rock formations and the cave.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's more if a large rock playground than a trail. Very fun, there are a few spots in the cave with Indian painting and names carved from 1908. It links up to a few other trails so it's a great start to the day. We also saw a large Texas Brown Tarantula and quite a few hawks which added to the fun. The only downside is that it was a little crowded -although it was on a weekend and during the first cool months of the season.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Barely classifies as a hike as short as it is. However, it has nice rock formations, scenic views of the valley, rock house cave and indian art. Worth the time to see. Great for kids.