Learn more

Rock Creek Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 68 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Nice trail hidden away amongst the hustle and bustle of WLR.

Fun trail for the family! Easy for the kids with a lot of creek enjoyment.

Very great trail! We will definitely be back. Lots of nature and some off path places to explore. No downfalls to this trail, very pretty. Also dog and kid friendly!

This is a beautiful trail. Good for running, walking, and biking!

Really beautiful tree cover for most of the trail.. The creek is lovely when it's been rainy, but parts of it dry up quickly. Trail is pebbly, but still pretty accessible for older folks / manual wheelchairs.

Trail runs along a creek, mostly shaded. Crosses under a street and need to cross a street to get to tail portion. Decent amount of car noise. Entrance behind shopping center which is cool

Took me a while to find. When you get to where the address says, park next to Comet Cleaners, walk behind the alley to find trail. Flat trail. Very easy. Saw lots of runners, walkers and dogs. Only rated 3 stars because you do hear traffic and see apartment complexes through a lot of it but still a great trail close by my home! Will definitely go again. My dog liked it a lot!

Strava clocked this right under 5 miles for an out and back. Nice trail to do for a lunch break! All paved with some spots having rockier asphalt. Bridges are slippery when wet

Nice little walking trail in West Little Rock. Fairly quiet at the beginning of the trail the far west end of the trail. Nice creek running through the trail also.

Absolutely beautiful trail. Awesome walk. Had a blast!

I love this trail it’s so peaceful. No heavy traffic. Just serene and beautiful.

very relaxing and a good place to disappear for a few

Mon Jun 10 2019

I was on a week-long mission trip to Little Rock and needed somewhere to get in my daily 5-mile speed walk. I found this trail on a map and gave it a try on my second day. I liked it so well that I walked it every day for the remaining six days. I had some misgivings considering the hotel where we stayed had two police-worthy incidences, a couple of the “sketchy” trail reviews, and my walking near dusk. The hotel clerk even said that, due to flooding, some homeless people might migrate there. However, all I saw were friendly families and couples with dogs - I felt completely at ease every day and really enjoyed getting away from the traffic and heat. The trail was a little treacherous walking at my 5 mph pace due to loose rock/asphalt, especially at the trail’s beginning, but I still walked it in about 40 minutes. There was a lot of poison ivy to the sides off the trail, esp. toward the trail’s end, but contact was easily avoided due to it being wide and well managed. The most challenging part of my walk was my mile to get to the trail through the traffic!! Be on the lookout for that foot and a half long bass that liked to hang out beneath one of the several picturesque bridges over Rock Creek!

Fri Apr 12 2019

Really nice trail in the west Little Rock area

Fri Feb 01 2019

We came and walked about half the trail with kids on a winter afternoon. There was one odd character along the way sitting with his head in his arms next to a bike. Seemed like he might be stoned or something. Saw a couple other folks just enjoying the trail as well. It’s very pretty for being in the middle of the city. Road noise is really pretty minimal. I’m not sure we’d make it a regular stop but I might return to run it sometime by myself.

Sun Aug 26 2018

Nice place to take an afternoon stroll with the fur babies! In the fall it would be even more beautiful.

Fri Aug 17 2018

Very creepy. Definite signs of people living in the hills/woods. Saw a grown man standing under the bridge at Chenal. He had his eyes closed and his head was facing the trail. I am 6'2" 245 lbs and this guy made me uncomfortable so I abandoned my hike and went back on the sidewalks of Chenal Pkwy. I won't hike there. again.

Sat Jan 06 2018

I enjoyed the trail itself. It is along a creek and there are several nice bridges. As others have described, the trail head can be tricky to find but if you follow the directions you will figure it out. My biggest concern is the trash along one of the rocky hills as if someone had been living there, as well as the grown man I saw go down off the path into some brush to join another person and another couple grown men who were up on a plateau.. I don't want to assume anything about why they were there.. And I don't want to assume they could be up to no good but just be careful folks! It was 35 degrees out and the creek was partially frozen over and it was in the middle of the day. Just seemed a little odd for some reason. There were a couple other people running the trail, which helped me to feel safer. I won't be going back alone.

Sun Dec 17 2017

Tue Jun 27 2017

Hard to find trailhead, it's behind and a few doors from the dry cleaners at the Bowman Curve shopping center. Lots of shade!

Sat Apr 08 2017

The first mile is lovely and quiet. Walking by Chenal Parkway there is quite a bit road noise. Still nice though.

Mon Jan 30 2017

This trail starts right behind the lowest portion of shops on bowman curve. It is mostly flat. There are a few wooden bridges and some larger portions of asphalt or concrete so running is definitely possible. It could be good for those with some mobility concerns, however for those strictly non-ambulatory, keep in mind there are a few sections of "washed out" areas with some med to small rocks exposed, so that may limit accessibility. There are some truly scenic spots tucked away in this path in the middle of LR. A great trail for families!

Wed Oct 26 2016

Great trail. You forget you are in the middle of West Little Rock.

Sat Apr 02 2016

Fabulous trail. Relatively easy but make sure you visit the overlook which is off the quarry trail. One of the best views around.

Thu Feb 11 2016

Pretty trail, mostly shaded. Nice bridges and benches all along the route. Great little forested respite in the middle of the concrete jungle of west Little Rock.

Mon Feb 08 2016

The trail was easy for my kids.

Mon Jan 18 2016

Great trail for a quick run. Well kept and good scenery. Would recommend for anyone in the area.

Thu Oct 15 2015

Relatively easy and well maintained.

Sat Jul 11 2015

I park at the Roller - Chenal Funeral Home and walk across Chenal. The trail head is between the East and West lanes of Chenal. Mostly flat and mostly shady. A good place for a summer walk. No lights, so you cannot walk after dark or before dawn.

Sat Jun 27 2015

The trailhead is virtually impossible to find: go behind the Comet Cleaners and you'll find the trail. Otherwise, it's a nice, easy, widepath trail through the city with some lovely scenery. Great for trailrunning.