Ponca Wilderness and Buffalo National River Loop

Ponca Wilderness and Buffalo National River Loop is a 20.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mount Sherman, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

cave

Rewarding views around every turn! I started on the southern loop on day 2 but it was an exhausting series of switchbacks so I went back and explored the northern section again. Has everything! Towering bluffs, gurgling creek, plenty of camping spots, 200’ cliff/waterfall (if running). Even a creepy old cabin. Lots of hikers and horses on the northern section but it didn’t feel crowded. Peaceful, serene. I’d go every weekend if I could. Trail was poorly marked in several crucial areas. Expect to cross the river several times.

This was a very nice loop. It was our first time backpacking and it was a good trail for that. Pretty well mart except for coming out of Kyle‘s landing was a little bit confusing as The GPS did not follow the trail.
Overall I would definitely do this again.