Ponca to Kyle's Landing Via Buffalo River Trail

Ponca to Kyle's Landing Via Buffalo River Trail is a 24.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Ponca, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

scenic driving

whitewater kayaking

Great camping spots at Horseshoe Bend. You can hike all day on quiet trails, only running into the occasional hiker, and make camp by the river at night. Great trail.

Really enjoyed hiking this place. I plan to go back in the fall.

Hiked from Kyle's Landing to Steel Creek on the BRT. Then canoed from Steel Creek back to Kyle's Landing on the Buffalo River. A really cool way to make a "loop" back to the vehicle while getting some hiking and canoeing in. Awesome Place! Will be going back soon to hike the most western and most eastern parts of the BRT to finish the trail off!

Second time to hike BRT from Steel Creek to Kyle's Landing and back to Steel Creek on ORT via Horseshoe Bend.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Great for all skill levels and kids. Amazing views of the Buffalo River!

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hiked Ponca to Pruitt. One of my favorite trails in Arkansas. Great camping spots at Horseshoe Bend. Love hiking all day on quiet trails, running into the occasional hiker, and making camp by the river at night. Great trail.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

We had an amazing time here, we spent the day last summer. We had a picnic and just lounged in the water. Great place to take the family on a hot summer day to just cool of and enjoy the great outdoors. The view is amazing!

Monday, January 25, 2016

Great campground on the Buffalo with good amenities for groups and convenient access to an outfitter. Great hiking all around.

Monday, January 04, 2016

My daughter and I hiked Boxley to Ponca and definitely want to go back and hike some more. Beautiful area, great time of year to see fall colors!

Thursday, August 27, 2015

One of the best backpacking trips I've ever been on. The mosquitos were a little heavy handed, but still the most gorgeous place I've been in a while.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

I want to live here. No words for the beauty!

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Canoed from Ponca to Pruitt. Used the Lost Valley Canoe. Absolutely the worse service. Left us on the river for 5 hours. Flood levels. Left our car at wrong location. Said it was our fault that we did not understand that they were busy. The River was dangerous and they did not tell us.
Do not use this business. Buffalo River Outfitter are much better. I will contact the National Park Service, as they are a licensed provider. They should lose their license. Otherwise the river was high and fast. If you are not experienced, do not ride the river when the Ponca Low Water Bridge is anything under 10 inches of air space. .

Monday, January 12, 2015

Have used the primitive campground a number of times. Great staging area. This is a for fee NF campground, but in the winter months is is open for free camping.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

I've hiked Ponca to Kyle's many times.
And have canoed here count less times. It's wild to mild depending on water Levals. The good people at lost valley canoe can help you with shuttle service weather your canoeing or hiking. They also rent canoes, cabins, primitive camp sights, showers, and last Minot supply's

Thursday, September 25, 2014

I hate haven to pay for camping.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I have been canoeing the Ponca to Kyle's Landing section of this river since 1978. Then and during the 1980s, one could encounter significant whitewater if you caught the water flow right. I have noticed a change in the flow, not as many rapid formations. I discussed this with a local outfitter who stated that the floods have caused the river to change course, eliminating some of the more fun spots. It is still a beautiful river and I love hiking the trails around it, like Hawksbill Crag, Goats Trail to Big Bluff, Hemmed in Hollow, etc.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Camping here is convenient, with decent toilet facilities, but it is row camping next to a parking area. When we were there ticks and chiggers were crazy!