Pinnacle Mountain West Summit Trail

Pinnacle Mountain West Summit Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take lots of water and take it slow:)

Great hike! Took my two year old in the pack so thank goodness for the benches along the way

Nice view at the summit

For a hike that's less than an hour to summit, this is a great option. Fantastic views and a fun variety of terrain; the second half of the hike is filled with large rocks and is quite steep. There are two summits. The Western Summit Trail is definitely less strenuous than the East, but still challenging and steep. Very well maintained and marked. Water fountain available at the trailhead.

Favorite hike in Arkansas. We take our dogs up here about once a month, and whenever we have friends or family visiting we take them as well. Short, but challenging. Well maintained. Can get crowded during peak hours, but the view at the top is always worth it.

Loved this hike. Pretty short trail.
Went up the easy side bc I had my dog. She loved it. Pretty crowded late on a Sunday afternoon but it was a rare 70 degrees in December. Definitely recommend this climb

Busy, well maintained trail. The metal signposts 0-10 along the trail provide a good amount of encouragement to kids- and decrease the amount of “are we there yet?” & “how much further?” type questions. My 6 year old can get to the top without help, but does need some help on the descent.

The rocks and boulders are a bit hard to navigate at times, but the view at the top is amazing. Make sure to wear good hiking boots/shoes!

This is FAR easier than the East Summit Trail. I thought the scenery on the way up was nice but pretty average for Arkansas-- what's really stunning and truly worth the trek is the view at the top. Be sure to see both sides of the summit! The river side is gorgeous. One other note, this is the summit trail to take with your dog. It's pretty much just a steep wall of boulders for much of the way on the Eastern side.

Loved this trail. I hadn't hiked in a while and I was able to manage it with my German shepherd. Near the end it gets very rocky, if you don't have shoes with good tread you will probably slide a lot on the way down (happened to me).

The view was beautiful!

My only complaint is that there were many other hikers, including someone with a dog off a leash that wouldn't leave mine alone, so I would suggest to go early in the morning (I went around 10 and their was already a lot of people).

great views difficult in spots dogs are welcome but small dogs will have to be carried in spots small children will have some trouble at the last quarter of the trail

Definitely not a beginners trail! I enjoyed the scenery the entire time. After a certain point the trail is nothing but big rocks. I loved it! The challenge was very entertaining!

rock climbing

If you like using your hands, this is the trail for you!

We did the whole trail. It is very difficult, but even two seniors made it. Just take it slow and be sure you have good hiking shoes. Lovely view!

Bring a lot of water but the hike is worth the view and a great place to enjoy lunch below the summit.

Way easier than the East Summit and manageable for children. Has a beautiful view and well worth the trip.

A lot of rocks

gets a little tricky after 800 feet

Super hard, but amazingly worth it. Even though we weren't experiences hikers, the home up and down was still very enjoyable and challenging. We went on New Year's Eve and it was perfect. Definitely worth it.

A tough climb but well worth the effort for the views. I went on a Wednesday in June and it was still busy but most trails are wide enough to accommodate everyone and you can cross over to both summits regardless of which one you start on (east or west summit trails).