Pinnacle Mountain West Summit Trail

Pinnacle Mountain West Summit Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 minute ago

Super hard, but amazingly worth it. Even though we weren't experiences hikers, the home up and down was still very enjoyable and challenging. We went on New Year's Eve and it was perfect. Definitely worth it.

A tough climb but well worth the effort for the views. I went on a Wednesday in June and it was still busy but most trails are wide enough to accommodate everyone and you can cross over to both summits regardless of which one you start on (east or west summit trails).

Very popular trail in spite of the difficulty. Grade is persistently steep. Starts with dirt and rock steps near the bottom but becomes a true New England-style boulder scramble near the summit. Views of Little Rock and Lake Maumelle are excellent.

Does not require a lot of skill, but is tiring

Seriously. This was my first hike since i was a wee girl of 8. I clearly misunderstood my husband when we talked about it...i thought this was an easy hike.
Yeah it wasn't. Lol.
So i am going to base the review as though i knew it would be hard...

So that was a hard climb. But with the strength of the Lord and an encouraging husband, i made it!!

It was hard for sure.
I wont be climbing any more mountains like that again.

nice view

I thought this was a great trail! We started at the baseline trail and then headed up the West Summit trail, which lead up to the mountain. The difficulty comes from climbing the rocks up to the peak but other than that it's a great hike.