Pinnacle Mountain West Summit Trail

Pinnacle Mountain West Summit Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

it was a tough climb, but definitely worth it!

I used to hike this trail all the time growing up. There is a part you are going over large boulders so this isn't a trail for the elderly or those that aren't nimble. Bring water. It's a beautiful overlook at the top.

Amazing every time I go! Clean , mean, and ready to be conquered

This little mountain is an attention grabber! Becomes a boulder scramble about 3/4 way up. Awesome hike though!

Went up East Summit and came down West Summit. Very nice trail, no rock scaling and seems to be more dog friendly than East Summit. Majority of the trail is through the Forrest with a great view at the top.

My 7 year old had not problems and my 3 year old made it up the first 1/3 and was carried the rest of the way up and 2/3 of the way back down :) beautiful views at the top though, worth it

A fine, challenging hike very easy to get to and with great views and beautiful forests all the way up! I'm a 26 year old man in average shape, and I was able to summit from the trailhead in about 30 minutes at a moderate pace, but you could easily take an hour if you go slow and soak in all the scenery.

Very popular trail. I was out on a Thursday evening, and there were kids as young as 10 up there with families, and dogs too. At the summit, don't expect peaceful silence; lots of teenagers hanging out and a few people on their phones. Still, the sights are amazing and the mountains roll on for miles from the top. If you're lucky you can easily spot rainbows!

Excelent. Quite easy..!

Nice trial, very crowded however. Still steeper than I had thought. Rocks are pretty slippery due to all the foot traffic...beautiful view at the top!

Great trail and rocks to scale.

I had hiked up the East side and descended the West. It was a little easier descending the West but way more people to navigate around. I loved every minute and am glad I went. This was a bucket list hike but not for the out of shape.

Love it. Challenging but you feel accomplished when you reach the point.

Take lots of water and take it slow:)

Great hike! Took my two year old in the pack so thank goodness for the benches along the way

Nice view at the summit

For a hike that's less than an hour to summit, this is a great option. Fantastic views and a fun variety of terrain; the second half of the hike is filled with large rocks and is quite steep. There are two summits. The Western Summit Trail is definitely less strenuous than the East, but still challenging and steep. Very well maintained and marked. Water fountain available at the trailhead.

Favorite hike in Arkansas. We take our dogs up here about once a month, and whenever we have friends or family visiting we take them as well. Short, but challenging. Well maintained. Can get crowded during peak hours, but the view at the top is always worth it.

Loved this hike. Pretty short trail.
Went up the easy side bc I had my dog. She loved it. Pretty crowded late on a Sunday afternoon but it was a rare 70 degrees in December. Definitely recommend this climb

Busy, well maintained trail. The metal signposts 0-10 along the trail provide a good amount of encouragement to kids- and decrease the amount of “are we there yet?” & “how much further?” type questions. My 6 year old can get to the top without help, but does need some help on the descent.

The rocks and boulders are a bit hard to navigate at times, but the view at the top is amazing. Make sure to wear good hiking boots/shoes!

This is FAR easier than the East Summit Trail. I thought the scenery on the way up was nice but pretty average for Arkansas-- what's really stunning and truly worth the trek is the view at the top. Be sure to see both sides of the summit! The river side is gorgeous. One other note, this is the summit trail to take with your dog. It's pretty much just a steep wall of boulders for much of the way on the Eastern side.

Loved this trail. I hadn't hiked in a while and I was able to manage it with my German shepherd. Near the end it gets very rocky, if you don't have shoes with good tread you will probably slide a lot on the way down (happened to me).

The view was beautiful!

My only complaint is that there were many other hikers, including someone with a dog off a leash that wouldn't leave mine alone, so I would suggest to go early in the morning (I went around 10 and their was already a lot of people).

great views difficult in spots dogs are welcome but small dogs will have to be carried in spots small children will have some trouble at the last quarter of the trail

Definitely not a beginners trail! I enjoyed the scenery the entire time. After a certain point the trail is nothing but big rocks. I loved it! The challenge was very entertaining!

rock climbing

If you like using your hands, this is the trail for you!

We did the whole trail. It is very difficult, but even two seniors made it. Just take it slow and be sure you have good hiking shoes. Lovely view!

Bring a lot of water but the hike is worth the view and a great place to enjoy lunch below the summit.

Way easier than the East Summit and manageable for children. Has a beautiful view and well worth the trip.

A lot of rocks