Pinnacle Mountain West Summit Trail

Pinnacle Mountain West Summit Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I thought this was a great trail! We started at the baseline trail and then headed up the West Summit trail, which lead up to the mountain. The difficulty comes from climbing the rocks up to the peak but other than that it's a great hike.

This relatively quick hike ends with beautiful views of the Arkansas River valley. Our 10- year-old traversed the rocks at the top like it was nothing. Our teen girls, however, chose to wait at the 7 with our dog. It is a favorite with the locals, so expect lots of traffic during the weekends or holidays, but it is a fantastic hike regardless.

Arkansas is gorgeous! The trail is well maintained and very friendly. There is a section with rocks and boulders to "climb" that can be difficult for kids or small dogs. I carried my 8 month old Samoyed in a couple spots. Top overlooks Arkansas River!

Great little work out with a rewarding view once you get to the top the trail splits towards the top we took the right as I wanted a challenge as it was nothing but walking up on rocks the trail to the left seemed lots easier as I was watching others just walk on up once you get to the top the views were amazing the wind was strong and cool and not that many people on the trail which we were there on a Monday loved it a must do hike

Awesome! Love every moment!

This was a great little hike, with a very nice payoff at the top. It was a little more strenuous than I assumed. When all was done, I had climbed 69 flights of stairs on my health tracker. There are more rocks than anything else, so wear the proper shoes or boots. The trails splits about 3/4 of the way up, the right side trail is harder and provides more of an exhilarating rock climb than anything else. It gets off the trail a bit, but it's definitely worth it to the trill seeker, as there isn't much room for error along the rocks edge, the last 60 yards to the top. Going during the week to avoid the crowds. I will be making a trip back for sure.

I give this trail three stars because it is the most popular of the 7 trails in the state park. You can catch it when it is not crowded early in the morning or late afternoon or bad weather. If you are there in good weather, the later you wait in the morning, the more dangerous it becomes from the amount of people that are going to crowd on top. The dirt is very compacted, rocks worn and tree bark is worn smooth at the top to the point where it is a slick hike when conditions are wet.

I do not give this trail three stars because it is only so so. I give it as a warning to how popular and crowded it is; so be safe!!!!

In fact, the views on top are amazing. You can see downtown Little Rock and the Arkansas river. Turkey vultures and hawks are always circling (you can catch them sunbathing on the rocks on the east summit trail). You can catch migrating birds stopping over such as the great white pelican. You have a great southern view across the valley to Chenal mountain. Great view of Lake Maumelle. My favorite view is looking west at the slow rolling foothills of the Ouachitas and imagining taking an adventure on the full length of the Ouachita trail.

Amazing stair master with a gorgeous view! Be prepared to use an elliptical for first 3/4 and then be awestruck with beauty!
Surprisingly crowded given the grade.

Easy hike to the top with nice views of the valley and river below.

So close to the city, a true gem of a trail with AMAZING sunsets/sunrises.