Pinnacle Mountain East Summit Trail

Pinnacle Mountain East Summit Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I like to park on the west side by the restrooms and playground area, but there is parking on the east side as well. I’ve done this trail for many years and it’s a personal favorite. I like to walk from the west side to the east side via the base trail, up the east side (more difficult side) and down the west side (easier side). East side has a steep rocky environment to climb over and is guaranteed to make you sweat. Beautiful views at the top are of the Arkansas river and Lake Maumelle.

Loved this hike! Definitely very rocky (most of the hiking is scaling up the mounting) and not pet friendly. Will require shoes with good tred!

Great hike, taxing but rewarding!

I had read very little about this trail but have heard about it from several friends. I didn't have any expectations. I was very surprised by all the boulder climbing but it was so worth it when I got to the top. This was a bucket list hike I'm glad I did.

This involves hiking uphill and rock scrambling! Kind of difficult but the view is just stunning!

This trail was challenging to say the least. But completely worth it once I got to the top. I went solo on this hike and once I hit the boulders is definitely challenged me, honestly wanted to turn around. But I’m glad I didn’t. It was work all of the sore muscles today!

Did it a few years ago when I was in better shape. Hope to do it again someday. It was difficult but definitely worth it.

Awesome hike! Be ready for some climbing if you choose the East side. We chose to go back down the west, but I’ll go up the east from now one.

If you have any problems with heights, this is probably not the trail for you. The summit was not an issue for me but I didn't love the extended climb up a steep wall of boulders... I ended up taking both the western and eastern summit trails. East is way, WAY more strenuous, so if you're in it for the exercise, that's an easy call. I wouldn't even attempt this with a dog; take the Western trail instead.

Great trail, rocks give alot of alternate paths. Got really lucky with the weather, I can see the rocks being dangerous with any precipitation. Alot of other hikers and some local kids hanging out drinking at the top - at noon on a Saturday.

nice trail not pet friendly unless you want to carry them up an down the last half. very good hike must be sure footed

Great trail! Hard climb to the top! Worth the view at the top! Very busy trail.

Well marked trail. Definitely wouldn't recommend for a first time hike. The climb is moderately tough but its so worth it, the view is pretty great.

Great trail for climbing. I am 22 and my girlfriend and I did it under and hour, granted it was a cool fall day. I highly recommend going down the west side it was far easier to manage.

Fantastic climb. I can speak first-hand when they say this is not recommended for first time hikers /climbers. This was my first climb and it is tough but it is definitely worth it.

Very well marked trail. East side does seem more difficult of a boulder climb! Wouldn't recommend this for anybody going out on a first hike. But the view at the top is so with the climb. Very busy trail even on a Sunday morning but people seemed friendly enough!

Great hike. A lot of boulder fields and definitely tiring, but the view at the top (especially at sunset) is definitely worth the struggle. Make sure you track where you came from if you explore the top as there are two ways down, and going down the wrong one means having to walk another 1.5 miles to your car.

Not a good idea to attempt this if you're not in decent shape. There's a good bit of "bouldering" but the view from the top and the challenge of getting there is worth it.

Great trail, LOTS of rock climbing

My son wanted to go on a hike, so we chose Pinnacle Mountain as it was about 45 minutes away. We didn't realize there were two entrances to two different hikes. Turns out the entrance we went in (East Summit) was the one less traveled. We lost the trail, and ended up climbing versus hiking. When it was obvious we were not on the trail, I told my son "we can turn around if you want". Jake said, "no Dad, let's keep climbing". We knew if we just kept climbing up we would eventually hit the summit. We made it to the top - the views at 1,000+ feet were worth it. As my son said “this is so satisfying”.

There were two ways down - we decided to take the easier route this time. We were sweating and tired by the time we made it down, only to find ourselves in a much larger and unfamiliar parking lot - with my phone GPS telling me we were a mile and a half from where we parked our car! We ended the climb with a nice 1.5 mile walk back to the car. A great day my son (and I) will remember...

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Fairly challenging climb, rock hopping the last bit on the ascent to the top. The first time I took my Doberman and he couldn't navigate the rocks and had to bail. Spectacular views once you get to the top.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Great hike! Make sure you have enough daylight left for your way down!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Did this yesterday and it was so pretty!!! Bring lots of water on hot days :)

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Strenuous if you are not used to climbing. Requires you to use hands a lot, especially towards the top.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Beautiful area & great views from the top! East Summit trail is no problem, if you're in decent shape, & also has fewer people until you get to the top.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Great climb. Not a hike more rock climbing

Monday, March 06, 2017

Chased two six year olds up to the top then back down, fun afternoon hike. Quite rocky and steep in places.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

great hike

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Rocky is a understatement But loved every bit of it I went up on the west side and went down the east side then hiked the base trail when I say went down thats how it mostly was down on my butt sliding down the rocks on the majority of it

rock climbing
Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Wasn't expecting that, but if you're up to it it was worth it. Rock climbing for about half the trek up. Almost took our 4 and 6 year old up but decided better of it. Good decision in the end. Great views at top.