Pinnacle Mountain East Summit Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

awesome hike in the rain...rocks were a little slippery but it was so worth it.

Decent hike, the majority was a boulder scramble to reach the top. Once at the summit, the views are ok but at only being around 1000ft its about what you would expect. Recommend going up the east, down the west then taking the base trail back to your car.

real arkansans take this route.

Did this today. I’ve never done a trip quite like this but it was incredible. Challenging and interesting.

A little more than I expected but very nice view from the top!

Tough but doable.

A super nice workout!! The view is amazing. Was so much more than I expected. I’ll be coming back for sure

So I did this trail last year and to say it’s a rewarding hike is an understatement! I’m a big gal and it took me some time to get to the top (like 2 hrs) but it was such a rewarding view! It’s a bucket list hike and still so proud of myself. It’s mostly climbing btw not hiking.

Toughest climb I've done - rock scrambling, heart pumping, gorgeous views. can't wait to do the west side!

Absolutely amazing. We wanted a tougher hike and this delivered! A lot of rock scaling and the view at the top is amazing. Highly suggest going up East Summit and going down West Summit.

I like to park on the west side by the restrooms and playground area, but there is parking on the east side as well. I’ve done this trail for many years and it’s a personal favorite. I like to walk from the west side to the east side via the base trail, up the east side (more difficult side) and down the west side (easier side). East side has a steep rocky environment to climb over and is guaranteed to make you sweat. Beautiful views at the top are of the Arkansas river and Lake Maumelle.

Loved this hike! Definitely very rocky (most of the hiking is scaling up the mounting) and not pet friendly. Will require shoes with good tred!

Great hike, taxing but rewarding!

I had read very little about this trail but have heard about it from several friends. I didn't have any expectations. I was very surprised by all the boulder climbing but it was so worth it when I got to the top. This was a bucket list hike I'm glad I did.

This involves hiking uphill and rock scrambling! Kind of difficult but the view is just stunning!

This trail was challenging to say the least. But completely worth it once I got to the top. I went solo on this hike and once I hit the boulders is definitely challenged me, honestly wanted to turn around. But I’m glad I didn’t. It was work all of the sore muscles today!

Did it a few years ago when I was in better shape. Hope to do it again someday. It was difficult but definitely worth it.

Awesome hike! Be ready for some climbing if you choose the East side. We chose to go back down the west, but I’ll go up the east from now one.

Friday, October 27, 2017

If you have any problems with heights, this is probably not the trail for you. The summit was not an issue for me but I didn't love the extended climb up a steep wall of boulders... I ended up taking both the western and eastern summit trails. East is way, WAY more strenuous, so if you're in it for the exercise, that's an easy call. I wouldn't even attempt this with a dog; take the Western trail instead.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Great trail, rocks give alot of alternate paths. Got really lucky with the weather, I can see the rocks being dangerous with any precipitation. Alot of other hikers and some local kids hanging out drinking at the top - at noon on a Saturday.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

nice trail not pet friendly unless you want to carry them up an down the last half. very good hike must be sure footed

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Great trail! Hard climb to the top! Worth the view at the top! Very busy trail.

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Well marked trail. Definitely wouldn't recommend for a first time hike. The climb is moderately tough but its so worth it, the view is pretty great.

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Great trail for climbing. I am 22 and my girlfriend and I did it under and hour, granted it was a cool fall day. I highly recommend going down the west side it was far easier to manage.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Fantastic climb. I can speak first-hand when they say this is not recommended for first time hikers /climbers. This was my first climb and it is tough but it is definitely worth it.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Very well marked trail. East side does seem more difficult of a boulder climb! Wouldn't recommend this for anybody going out on a first hike. But the view at the top is so with the climb. Very busy trail even on a Sunday morning but people seemed friendly enough!

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Great hike. A lot of boulder fields and definitely tiring, but the view at the top (especially at sunset) is definitely worth the struggle. Make sure you track where you came from if you explore the top as there are two ways down, and going down the wrong one means having to walk another 1.5 miles to your car.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Not a good idea to attempt this if you're not in decent shape. There's a good bit of "bouldering" but the view from the top and the challenge of getting there is worth it.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Great trail, LOTS of rock climbing

Sunday, July 16, 2017

My son wanted to go on a hike, so we chose Pinnacle Mountain as it was about 45 minutes away. We didn't realize there were two entrances to two different hikes. Turns out the entrance we went in (East Summit) was the one less traveled. We lost the trail, and ended up climbing versus hiking. When it was obvious we were not on the trail, I told my son "we can turn around if you want". Jake said, "no Dad, let's keep climbing". We knew if we just kept climbing up we would eventually hit the summit. We made it to the top - the views at 1,000+ feet were worth it. As my son said “this is so satisfying”.

There were two ways down - we decided to take the easier route this time. We were sweating and tired by the time we made it down, only to find ourselves in a much larger and unfamiliar parking lot - with my phone GPS telling me we were a mile and a half from where we parked our car! We ended the climb with a nice 1.5 mile walk back to the car. A great day my son (and I) will remember...