Pinnacle Mountain East Summit Trail

Pinnacle Mountain East Summit Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fairly challenging climb, rock hopping the last bit on the ascent to the top. The first time I took my Doberman and he couldn't navigate the rocks and had to bail. Spectacular views once you get to the top.

Great hike! Make sure you have enough daylight left for your way down!

Did this yesterday and it was so pretty!!! Bring lots of water on hot days :)

Strenuous if you are not used to climbing. Requires you to use hands a lot, especially towards the top.

Beautiful area & great views from the top! East Summit trail is no problem, if you're in decent shape, & also has fewer people until you get to the top.

Great climb. Not a hike more rock climbing

Chased two six year olds up to the top then back down, fun afternoon hike. Quite rocky and steep in places.

great hike

Rocky is a understatement But loved every bit of it I went up on the west side and went down the east side then hiked the base trail when I say went down thats how it mostly was down on my butt sliding down the rocks on the majority of it

rock climbing

Wasn't expecting that, but if you're up to it it was worth it. Rock climbing for about half the trek up. Almost took our 4 and 6 year old up but decided better of it. Good decision in the end. Great views at top.

Popular with locals and can be crowded but good view at the top.

I hiked this trail two years ago. I actually didn't realize I was going up East side until I saw the sign. It was definitely challenging!