Pinnacle Mountain East Summit Trail

Pinnacle Mountain East Summit Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My son wanted to go on a hike, so we chose Pinnacle Mountain as it was about 45 minutes away. We didn't realize there were two entrances to two different hikes. Turns out the entrance we went in (East Summit) was the one less traveled. We lost the trail, and ended up climbing versus hiking. When it was obvious we were not on the trail, I told my son "we can turn around if you want". Jake said, "no Dad, let's keep climbing". We knew if we just kept climbing up we would eventually hit the summit. We made it to the top - the views at 1,000+ feet were worth it. As my son said “this is so satisfying”.

There were two ways down - we decided to take the easier route this time. We were sweating and tired by the time we made it down, only to find ourselves in a much larger and unfamiliar parking lot - with my phone GPS telling me we were a mile and a half from where we parked our car! We ended the climb with a nice 1.5 mile walk back to the car. A great day my son (and I) will remember...

Fairly challenging climb, rock hopping the last bit on the ascent to the top. The first time I took my Doberman and he couldn't navigate the rocks and had to bail. Spectacular views once you get to the top.

Great hike! Make sure you have enough daylight left for your way down!

Did this yesterday and it was so pretty!!! Bring lots of water on hot days :)

Strenuous if you are not used to climbing. Requires you to use hands a lot, especially towards the top.

Beautiful area & great views from the top! East Summit trail is no problem, if you're in decent shape, & also has fewer people until you get to the top.

Great climb. Not a hike more rock climbing