Pinnacle Mountain East Summit Trail

Pinnacle Mountain East Summit Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Little Rock, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

Very well marked trail. East side does seem more difficult of a boulder climb! Wouldn't recommend this for anybody going out on a first hike. But the view at the top is so with the climb. Very busy trail even on a Sunday morning but people seemed friendly enough!

Great hike. A lot of boulder fields and definitely tiring, but the view at the top (especially at sunset) is definitely worth the struggle. Make sure you track where you came from if you explore the top as there are two ways down, and going down the wrong one means having to walk another 1.5 miles to your car.

Not a good idea to attempt this if you're not in decent shape. There's a good bit of "bouldering" but the view from the top and the challenge of getting there is worth it.

Great trail, LOTS of rock climbing

My son wanted to go on a hike, so we chose Pinnacle Mountain as it was about 45 minutes away. We didn't realize there were two entrances to two different hikes. Turns out the entrance we went in (East Summit) was the one less traveled. We lost the trail, and ended up climbing versus hiking. When it was obvious we were not on the trail, I told my son "we can turn around if you want". Jake said, "no Dad, let's keep climbing". We knew if we just kept climbing up we would eventually hit the summit. We made it to the top - the views at 1,000+ feet were worth it. As my son said “this is so satisfying”.

There were two ways down - we decided to take the easier route this time. We were sweating and tired by the time we made it down, only to find ourselves in a much larger and unfamiliar parking lot - with my phone GPS telling me we were a mile and a half from where we parked our car! We ended the climb with a nice 1.5 mile walk back to the car. A great day my son (and I) will remember...