Pinnacle Base Loop to East Summit to West Summit

Pinnacle Base Loop to East Summit to West Summit is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pinnacle, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I took the base loop around the North side of the mountain. Very fun, do bring ample water in hotter weather.

This is a very beautiful trail. Going up the east side can be a little intimidating for some. Just take your time and rest as needed. Going down the west side is super easy and we seen more people once on it. Finishing by hiking around the base trail back to the parking lot was very casual.

This is NOT a moderate trail. It most
Definitely needs to be marked as hard. But it was an awesome trail!!! Would not recommend to kids under 12!

Great and challenging trail! I enjoyed the east summit as I was especially surprised by how steep the incline was and the need to climb/boulder my way up. The boulders are extremely smooth at certain points making it difficult to grip with the nike combat boots I wore. Had I known about this I would had made a different choice with my footwear.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Lots of good climbing oppurtunities on the east side. The west side has a nice, long scrambling slab in the "9" section. Very fun.

Sunday, January 03, 2016