Pinion Creek to Brittany Dam Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(43)
Bella Vista, Arkansas

Pinion Creek to Brittany Dam Trail is a 3.4 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bella Vista, Arkansas and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 km Elevation Gain: 54 m Route Type: Out & Back

Pretty waterfall by Lake Ann. I was disappointed there were no other short trails next to the waterfall. We walked across the lake to the trail that bridges on the cave rock on the highway.

I thought the trial was a circle but somewhere we got mixed up on the bike trail! I guess the in and back means you use the dam trail. We went 1 Mile out of the way but luckily found our way back. Would recommend but pay attention to the trail signs or lack there of.

Dog friendly trail with plenty of creeks for them to drink from.

Nice trail! I ended up taking the Summit School branch for a little extra cardio. Good, quick hike for a Tuesday morning. I can see where it would be a fun challenge on a bike!

Thu Mar 21 2019

Tool my dog out. A bit tricky with a leash. Beautiful. End it after .35 mi. Coming back alone. Surprised the creek was dry. It was my first time here. I’ll be back!

Thu Jan 17 2019

I did the loop starting at Lake Ann TH, Pinyon, SBAT, Taylor Homestead, Back 40, Pinyon... A nice walk in the woods...!!

Tue Jul 10 2018

Fri Mar 16 2018

It was a pleasant hike, well marked trail. Easy to lightly moderate.

Thu Aug 03 2017

more of a bike trail than a hiking trail

Fri Feb 17 2017

The trail is narrow which makes it hard for people to pass. I took the School Site cut off over to the Back 40 trail system. It made it a 6 mile hike. It has a few steep inclines. There are some very nice rock formations on the Back 40 Trail. The original hike to Brittany Damn was nice but nothing spectacular. The Dogs did find some squirrels so they were happy!

Sun Feb 12 2017

This is cut through/short cut for the Back 40 trail system. This portion connects with the Brittany Dam trail. Not much to see, but it has a paved parking lot with a bike maintenance station and trailhead maps. The main uses for this trail are mountain biking, hiking, and trail running.