Pigeon Roost Trail

Pigeon Roost Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rogers, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail is a double stacked-loop trail; there is a short loop of approximately 4 miles for day hiking and a longer loop of 8.5 miles for overnight use. Primitive camping is allowed on the longer loop at five designated campsites only. Pigeon Roost Trail is in a figure eight shape that is made up by two loops, Dry Creek Loop 4.1 miles and Huckleberry Loop 4.3 miles. Please contact the Ranger at the phone number listed below to determine if there will be a campsite available. The trail is fairly short for an overnight trail, but there are several hills to climb which give the trail its difficulty rating.

What a nice little hike. The trail is clearly marked and pretty clean. It took us about 3.5 hours to complete the trail while we stopped briefly along the way.

Great hike. We'd like to take this trail again in the summer. Rocky path. Lots of time alone on the trail. We always bring a bag to pick up trash on the trails, and this trail was very clean

Nice hike! We started around 11:00 and ended at 3:00 or so. We brought a small snack with us and enjoyed it by the lake. The hike was never especially difficult, just a lot of gradual ups and downs.

The weather was perfect (in the upper 70s), and there was plenty of shade from the leaves which haven't yet changed. As other reviews have said it is super rocky and there are plenty of bugs. Be sure to bring/apply some bug spray and wear the appropriate footwear.

The trail was pretty much up and down, so I will need some more work outs since it kicked my behind going uphill so much. Other than the problem was me it was a pleasant well marked trail with a view of a part of the lake. My dog loved it.

I liked it. Was very pretty. The trail was well marked and easy to follow. Agreed on all the comments about hard-soled shoes, it was very rocky. Lots of webs and spiders to watch out for as you're walking. Got my heart rate up on my way out, as it was uphill. There was a nice little lake area and some benches to sit at. Very calm and serene. I got pelted in the face by ginormous flying bugs, but past that, I survived ;D. Overall, very good hike.

The map on this app doesn't show the connection between the two loops, yes there are TWO loops. You can do only 4.4 miles if you want.

It was ordinary, thus three stars

Great trail! Ticks were bad, and the campsites are all gathered pretty close together.

Took my dog over this trail last week. We did this on a Friday morning so there were very few people on the trail until the afternoon.
The trail is very rocky so a hard soled shoe is advised. There were lots of spider webs in the trail. I ended up picking up a stick to hold in front of me to catch them before they hit me in the face.

I had about 30 pounds of gear in case I ended up being out over night, but I did not need anything close to the estimated eight hours to get back to the car at what felt like a steady but leisurely pace. I even let the dog play in the lake for 20-30 minutes.

Start to finish we took four hours and 26 minutes. It was a good hike, but the rockiness of the trail did bother my knees near the end.