Mount Sequoyah Woods Loop

Mount Sequoyah Woods Loop is a 2.2 mile loop trail located near Fayetteville, Arkansas that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Mt. Sequoyah Woods

Worst trail in NWA. Poorly marked and overgrown. Very disappointed after a promising sign and pavilion. If you hike with snake boots, carry a machete, and enjoy walking hunched over due to branches while taking countless spiderwebs to the face, you might will enjoy this. If your used to clearly marked trails that are more than a foot wide stay away. Very rocky and shady with lots of chiggers and mosquitos. Lots of potential but very poorly maintained. **We turned back after 45 minutes due to getting lost and the trails being to overgrown for our dog.

Great easy/moderate hike in Fayetteville. The trailhead was super easy to find. It’s by a residential area. The trail itself was confusing, like others have said. The GPS helped tremendously and we actually had fun trying to find our way. Without the GPS though it would have been frustrating. It’s a beautiful trail and even though it was almost 90 degrees when we went, the tree cover definitely helped. I recommend it!

It was really beautiful but seriously difficult to follow the trails out here.

Poorly marked trail. Without this App I would have been lost. But, with AllTrails I backtracked and found my way. Going clockwise the uphill trek was rocky and strenuous but once we leveled out it was easy to moderate. Nice hike!

Sunday, January 03, 2016