Learn more

Mount Nebo Rim Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Dardanelle, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 3.2 mi Elevation gain 318 ft Route type Loop

Description
Waypoints (0)
Facilities
Contact

Please note that a portion of the trail near Sunrise point and to access the waterfall has been reported closed for construction.

Mt. Nebo State Park 16728 West State Highway 155 Dardanelle 72834 mountnebo@arkansas.com 479-229-3655

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (279)
Photos (317)
Recordings (198)
Completed (570)
Katie Wiesehan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMon Jul 06 2020
HikingRocky

This trail has some amazing views! Highly recommend.

Lauren Baker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Jul 04 2020
Hiking

This trail was great. We didn’t get to finish due to rain but the views never end and you have a lot of cool overlooks.

Hannah Angeles
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMon Jun 29 2020
Hiking

I did this trail over a year ago with my four kids. I had done it before I had kids years ago. I read a review just now where someone said if they had had kids with them they would have had a heart attack. Let me tell you, without kids this trail is wonderful but with kids that are my kids age, I was terrified in some places. My youngest was five when we did it and my oldest was 12. I don’t regret doing it but before we did I asked the lady that worked in the gift shop if it was ok for kids and she said yes. I do not recommend this trail for little kids we did make it but I was very scared. We even went down to the waterfall and then the hike up idk if I would have been able to do but there was a man there with his older kids that helped us. I will do this trail again. It is beautiful. But I will wait until my kids are older. Trail gets narrow in spots and there are sheer drops. Plus the drive up the mountain I think is so scary. But I’m one of those hikers that love to hike but am so scared of heights! Even in my car ! It doesn’t stop me but my hands sure do sweat a lot! I love this entire park. After we hiked we ate at sunset point. I am so proud that I did this with my kids but I was terrified!!

Cody Bramble
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFri Jun 26 2020
Hiking

Good easy to follow trail. Looking at trail sign, the most strenuous stretch leads to the right and last maybe 3/4 mile. Overall a moderate trail for an average hiker

View Cody's Recording
Dylan Edgell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarThu Jun 25 2020
Hiking

One of my favorites! Hiked this many times growing up in the River Valley.

Tricia Basham
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarWed Jun 17 2020
Hiking

One of my favorite trails in Arkansas!

View Tricia's Recording
Sarah Busby
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarThu Jun 04 2020
HikingRockyScramble

We love Mt Nebo, and after camping for the night at a hike in spot, we decided to hike the Rim Trail. From the visitors center, we went right to tackle the most strenuous section first. There are some beautiful views of the lake/river through the first section. The further we went, the easier the trail got, ending with a simple, smooth trail back to the visitors center. The only downfall was that the waterfall was closed, which is something I had looked forward to.

Stacey Burnett
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue May 26 2020
Nature trips

beautiful waterfalls, not a bad hike in, took my dog she seemed to have a blast as well

Alyssa Campos-Schaefer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat May 23 2020
Hiking

Love!! Great view. Fun drive up the mountain as well! Trails were great .

Diego Olivarez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarWed May 13 2020
HikingMuddyOff trailRocky

Great exercise, didn’t follow the mapped path, moderate to difficulty in areas, be careful!

View Diego's Recording
Valerie Barton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFri May 08 2020
Hiking

We enjoyed this scenic hike. Beautiful views of the surrounding area. Easy hike the the entire family.

Brittany Rosendahl
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMon Apr 20 2020
HikingRocky

It was a beautiful day to enjoy Mother Nature. The trail gives great views the majority of the hike. Road steep and windy. Make sure you have good brakes.

Kaleigh Rhodes
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarWed Apr 15 2020
HikingRocky

The rim trial is absolutely beautiful! We took it from the visitors center and down to the right. Then went to the waterfall that was there since it had rained, followed by gum springs. We went right at gum springs and followed the blue trail (bench trail) to nebo springs then went up to the visitors center to conclude our hike. Lots of new trails being built and work going on! Loved the waterfall!

View Kaleigh's Recording
Michelle luce
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Mar 31 2020

This trail so far is one of my favorites. So many lookout spots and the waterfalls there are beautiful. Very well marked as well.

Ashton Griffis
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarThu Mar 26 2020
View Ashton's Recording
Lukas Wingfield
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarWed Mar 25 2020
HikingRocky

Very nice trail!! However be prepared to do some rock climbing!! On the day we went a portion of the trail around the Sunrise point was closed off for construction and it was not posted anywhere but other than that the trail was amazing!

View Lukas's Recording
Morgan R.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Mar 08 2020
Hiking

Excellent hike! Incredible views.

Phillip Vogt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Mar 01 2020
Hiking

First time hiking Mt. Nebo! We took the rim trail and it didn’t disappoint! Amazing views!

View Phillip's Recording
Brett Hurst
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Feb 29 2020
HikingRockyScramble

Started the trail at the Gum Springs trailhead and went NW by Lover's Leap, on to Sunset Point and then SE to the Visitor Center where I stopped for a break. This first section was very easy with lots of scenic views to the west and north of Mount Nebo. After the Visitor Center, the trail gets a bit more strenuous as you go up and down along the bluffs on the east side of the mountain. The trail levels out again as it makes its way around Sunrise Point, then along the south bluffs back again to Gum Springs. Very enjoyable walk that took about 2 1/2 hours, including the stop at the Visitor Center.

nick hunt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Feb 02 2020
Hiking

Awesome views throughout the whole trail. Definitely will go back.

Nathan Nichols
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMon Jan 20 2020
Hiking

Good hike with great views.

Emmilee VanGulick
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarWed Jan 08 2020

Really fantastic trail! You have the choice to park at the visitors center and start there or take the main road all the way to where it ends at the lookout. Not a hard trail for such epic views all the way around. I just want to mention you really want to know you trust your car (brakes especially) before driving up. The road is windy and long at an 18% grade up the mountain. Definitely worthwhile!

Sky Arras
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSun Jan 05 2020
HikingRocky

Did this trail with two kids (9 &11) - great hike! Kids had a blast, it wasn't too difficult at all.

View Sky's Recording
Brian J
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Dec 31 2019
Hiking

Great trail for some off road jogging and great views. Can’t jog the whole thing because of rockiness and loose rocks but a lot of it is joggable. Lost the trail a couple of times, probably because I was moving too fast but got to experience the steps too. Just did this in on New Year’s Eve at sunset and it was good conditions for some brisk hiking.

View Brian's Recording
Jennifer Jones
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFri Dec 13 2019
Hiking

Not easy! But beautiful views throughput. We also detoured to Fern Lake which was nice. Dicey drive on the way up. Fun trail.

View Jennifer's Recording