Mossy Bluff Buckeye Trail

Mossy Bluff Buckeye Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Heber Springs, Arkansas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Nice trail w overlook of the dam

It was beautiful! Didn't get to do whole trail. Hubby doesn't like to hike a lot.

I took the kids hiking on this trail. It was beautiful and waterfall was flowing from the recent rains. We were a little disappointed the visitor center was closed so we could use the restroom or find a map or buy stuff in general like drinks or snacks.

good for families with small children

Nice trail for a family hike. Not too challenging, well marked and decent views along the way to the end view of the dam.

Beautiful trip with my sweet 4yr old granddaughter . Easy hike & pretty scenery .

Enjoyed the day along this trail

nice hike

Sunday, May 29, 2016

This trail is deceiving. Initially it starts out appearing mundane but about a quarter mile in it becomes spectacular. Well worth it to go to the up to the viewing deck for the dam at the end.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

You can drive all the way to the top if you just want a view of the dam. The hike up is decent from the visitor center but most of the view of the river below will be blocked by trees in the summer. The bluffs overlooking the trail are still a nice enough view to make up for it. I didn't even mind the vultures circling me like they knew something I didn't.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Great trail with some amazing views along the way. My kids loved the bluffs!

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Seems I did this one a week too early. The creek would be really nice with water in it....thinking it would have been a pretty cascade.

Sunday, February 28, 2016