Middle Fork Road

Middle Fork Road is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hector, Arkansas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

This is a road hike along Snow Creek. There are several campsite and swimming areas available along the route. There is one shallow ford in the creek(recommended only during the summer months when the creek is running low) that leads to another section of road that pulls away from the creek.

My friend and I went to Bayou Bluff Recreation Area to hike the trail. It is part of the Ozark National Park. I know the area better now. If you have a cellphone, it gets no service there. Between certain times of the year, you pay to use the recreation area. The question is, who do you pay. My phone’s GPS still worked. We did not know where the trail began. We guessed wrong. It begins a little bit to the north on AR-27 on the other-side. Parking might exist there.