Lover's Leap Trail

Lover's Leap Trail is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mena, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

Rich Mountain offers superlative views of the Ouachita Mountains. This windblown mountaintop often looks like the high reaches of the Smoky Mountains, with heavy fog and stunted, contorted hardwood trees. The attraction of this loop trail is an overlook on a high rock bluff with a sweeping view of the surrounding Ouachita National Forest.

Well maintained, approximately 4 foot wide, rocky terrain so you must walk vs bike

Great couple of spots in the middle of the trail for a beautiful view. The one is the actual lookout with benches and railings. Somewhat strenuous; take water.

Was a great trail! Some parts were a little rocky! But overall a great trail!

My husband, five year old, two year old, and I hiked this trail about a week ago. It was a very beautiful trail. We saw all kinds of birds, insects, moss, and trees! (We are from TX but we live in Louisiana.) Both of my kids loved all the climbing on rocks you could do and my husband and I very much enjoyed the overlook. Clearly marked trail that will give you a bit of a challenge but remain fun and doable with children. We ate lunch at the Inn afterwards and it made for a wonderful morning!

There are some large steps up and down, but otherwise this one is short and pleasant.

A short trail through the woods, but the lookout is beautiful.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Excellent views all the way around. can be a bit crowded, being that it is so close to the lodge.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Easy hike with some nice views.

Friday, August 21, 2015

completed, very nice trail even in the fog

Thursday, July 09, 2015

My husband and I went hiking on this trail it's 1.48 miles exactly from car back to the car. We used one hiking stick each. Many sports were very very steep and slippery due to the moss growing on wood and rocks. The trail is very well maintained and clean! Breezy and shady which made for a great hike. It took us an hour to finish.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Easy short hike, with a great view.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rated four stars for the views. This state park is the connector trail to the Quchita trail. Great access point or shower break.