Lover's Leap Trail

Lover's Leap Trail is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mena, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rich Mountain offers superlative views of the Ouachita Mountains. This windblown mountaintop often looks like the high reaches of the Smoky Mountains, with heavy fog and stunted, contorted hardwood trees. The attraction of this loop trail is an overlook on a high rock bluff with a sweeping view of the surrounding Ouachita National Forest.

Great scenic views! Nice little hike around the lodge.

Super short distance. Don't let that deter you from hiking this beautiful trail. Steeper decent than usual did this area. Climb out is really good for a work out. I ran the up hill part trying to make up for time (Rocky terrain will slow you down). I also did the Reservoir trail for kicks. Good work out on both trails. I really enjoyed this short trail.

This is an awesome trail, but it is most definitely not easy, and Queen Wihelmina rates it as moderate. There are several rockfalls and boulders to climb over. The end of the trail is also quite steep, so I would echo another reviewer and suggest doing it backward. This is not a trail for anyone with joint issues or anything that affects your endurance. I have stress-induced heart palpitations, and my heart rate was in the 150s by the time we reached the end. It is a very beautiful and interesting trail for those without these issues, though. My four little girls absolutely loved it!

It's a quick trail in the sense that it's right at 1 mile to complete. However, I would rate it as moderate due to the terrain and boulders. We hiked it with our children, a 6 year old and 8 year old, and it took us 38 minutes due to photo ops. Stunning views along this loop.

Great trail for an easy/moderate hike. We went on a beautiful November afternoon after it had rained. The sky was a bit overcast which affected the view yet the sun began to peek through toward the end allowing us a beautiful view. If you go after a rain be cautious on the bridge and stairs as the wood in particular is VERY slippery.

Great trail with scenic views. Trail starts on the north side of the Queen Wilhelmina lodge. I would say that this trail is more moderate as there are a lot of stone steps to climbed up and down. You get a great view from the viewing platform. There are a lot of different types of foliage found on the trail and even a small stream.

Beautiful trail but the day we went was socked in by clouds, so no views. Still excellent. Recommend starting at the observation deck by the railroad tracks and going "backward" to do the most strenuous part going downhill, not uphill.

Well maintained, approximately 4 foot wide, rocky terrain so you must walk vs bike

Great couple of spots in the middle of the trail for a beautiful view. The one is the actual lookout with benches and railings. Somewhat strenuous; take water.

Was a great trail! Some parts were a little rocky! But overall a great trail!

Monday, November 21, 2016

My husband, five year old, two year old, and I hiked this trail about a week ago. It was a very beautiful trail. We saw all kinds of birds, insects, moss, and trees! (We are from TX but we live in Louisiana.) Both of my kids loved all the climbing on rocks you could do and my husband and I very much enjoyed the overlook. Clearly marked trail that will give you a bit of a challenge but remain fun and doable with children. We ate lunch at the Inn afterwards and it made for a wonderful morning!

Sunday, November 06, 2016

There are some large steps up and down, but otherwise this one is short and pleasant.

Friday, October 28, 2016

A short trail through the woods, but the lookout is beautiful.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Excellent views all the way around. can be a bit crowded, being that it is so close to the lodge.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Easy hike with some nice views.

Friday, August 21, 2015

completed, very nice trail even in the fog

Thursday, July 09, 2015

My husband and I went hiking on this trail it's 1.48 miles exactly from car back to the car. We used one hiking stick each. Many sports were very very steep and slippery due to the moss growing on wood and rocks. The trail is very well maintained and clean! Breezy and shady which made for a great hike. It took us an hour to finish.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Easy short hike, with a great view.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rated four stars for the views. This state park is the connector trail to the Quchita trail. Great access point or shower break.