Lost Valley Trail

Lost Valley Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ponca, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

cave

Note this area is heavily visited on the weekends. Best visited during the week if you want a little solitude. Trail ranges from crushed rock to natural services. The most scenic area of the trail is more demanding but worth it.

54 minutes ago

Maybe because my expectations weren't high but I ended up loving this trail. It has a beautiful natural bridge, waterfall and cave. Would return in a heartbeat.

We hiked up to the top of Eden Falls and ventured into cave! If you want to crawl into the cave, bring a head lamp. There wasn’t much water flowing out which kept us dry. There is a spot where you have to crawl/get very low. If you are able, do it! The cave and hike to it, are not kid friendly. The hike to Eden Falls is kid friendly. The trail has been washed out in some spots but still very easily accessible.

We were very pleased with this trail. It starts out so simple but there is so much to enjoy all along the way. We took more pictures on this one trail than we have two whole days being in the Ozarks! Even with all of the people that we saw, and barely any water in Eden Falls, it was still our favorite! Take a flashlight so you can enjoy the cave at the end.

Very underrated trail. Enjoyed this so much more than centerpoint to goat trail. Something to see and explore all along the way. Would be great for kids. Beware of snakes. Almost stepped on a copperhead in the first mile.

Great trail. A couple of cool caves and waterfalls, probably awesome after adequate rainfall but still cool today nevertheless.

Such a beautiful trail!

Easy hike more of a walk except for the stairs at the end. Beautiful falls when flowing.

By far one of the best trails in Arkansas. The trail is maintained and there are so many cool sights. Waterfalls if recent rain. River/creek runs beside the trail. Cave at the end. And more. Just do it!!

This Trail turned out to be better than expected. Great hike with some Awesome Caves.

love this trail..get to explore inside the cave with a waterfalls...nature is just magical.

Amazing! Starts out simple then gets a bit more interesting quickly. Make sure you check river levels- it’s cool to see no matter what level, but you can adjust your expectations. The caves and waterfall are incredible. Great icebox to hang out in and cool down.

This is such an amazing Trail. I absolutely loved squat walking to get into the cave that had the hidden waterfall. Nature is so magical!

the family loved this trail. it wasnt too difficult for my 7 yr old and the area is awesome.

Great little hike. The beginning was a little boring but the falls were a spectacle to see. Also the cave was a little creepy as it was getting dark later in the evening.

Round trip: 3miles
Elevation gain: 846ft
Time: 1hr 5min

been here once, talk about beautiful!

The views were simply amazing. Waterfalls, caves, wildlife ❤️

Very easy hike and lots of cool things to see, you have to go into the cave at the very end!

The trail was really challenging for us as we are beginners but was worth it.

We LOVED this trail! My 11yr old son and I did this hike on a Monday and it wasn't crowded at all. This trail has so much to explore along the way. The natural bridge, large rock shelter, waterfall (just a trickle currently), and the cave were all fun. I had read reviews previously so we came prepared to explore the cave with headlamps and flashlights. Explored far enough back that we were very cramped and then squeezed into a little tunnel where we could stand up that led back out. There was also a very large "room" just to the left when you enter the cave. As others mentioned, the rocks around and in the cave are slick so be cautious. Overall, a very cool trail and one that I would love to do again if I'm back in the area. I think we spent about an hour and a half doing the whole trail.

We love this trail. Even with the river beds dry later in the summer it is still a lot of fun to hike and climb the rocks. The cave was awesome! Bring a flashlight or headlamp! A great place for a family outing. Our kids love it as much as we do!

Beautiful! Unfortunately, the drought affected the water flow; but still worth the trek.

I really liked this trail. The first part is easy and then it gets more challenging. There are a lot of stairs, but the views and natural formations are worth it. Saw 3 snakes on my hike, one copperhead. The day was hot and dry so the rocks were not slippery. I did the hike in tennis shoes and was just fine.

Amazing hike with great stops like Cobb Cave and Eden Falls

Beautiful

Use caution when exploring the cave. The rocks are very slick.

3.5/5
Hiked on a rainy day with two teenagers and two adults in our group. I would rate it on the lower end of moderate. The most difficult portion comes with the cave area, where you’ll need to scramble smooth rocks if you want to see everything. A headlamp will help with the cave, too. The water level was too low to enjoy the falls, but there were some cool views, anyway.

My wife and I hiked this and it’s amazing!!! The cave at the end is pretty cool!! Beautiful hike!!

A beautiful trail, even with low water levels. I went into the cave where there is a small spring fed waterfall. A headlamp is very helpful to make to crawl back to the cave. My 6’4” husband couldn’t get to the cave. The first part of the trail was easy, after that I would rate it as moderate.

Awesome trail. Loved the rock stairways and different water falls along the way. Wish we were there when water was running. It would be even more beautiful in early spring.

Very fun for those who love waterfalls. Kinda crowded on weekends and holidays but overall super fun and beautiful