Lost Valley Trail

Lost Valley Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ponca, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

cave

Note this area is heavily visited on the weekends. Best visited during the week if you want a little solitude. Trail ranges from crushed rock to natural services. The most scenic area of the trail is more demanding but worth it.

Beautiful! Unfortunately, the drought affected the water flow; but still worth the trek.

I really liked this trail. The first part is easy and then it gets more challenging. There are a lot of stairs, but the views and natural formations are worth it. Saw 3 snakes on my hike, one copperhead. The day was hot and dry so the rocks were not slippery. I did the hike in tennis shoes and was just fine.

Amazing hike with great stops like Cobb Cave and Eden Falls

Beautiful

Use caution when exploring the cave. The rocks are very slick.

3.5/5
Hiked on a rainy day with two teenagers and two adults in our group. I would rate it on the lower end of moderate. The most difficult portion comes with the cave area, where you’ll need to scramble smooth rocks if you want to see everything. A headlamp will help with the cave, too. The water level was too low to enjoy the falls, but there were some cool views, anyway.

My wife and I hiked this and it’s amazing!!! The cave at the end is pretty cool!! Beautiful hike!!

A beautiful trail, even with low water levels. I went into the cave where there is a small spring fed waterfall. A headlamp is very helpful to make to crawl back to the cave. My 6’4” husband couldn’t get to the cave. The first part of the trail was easy, after that I would rate it as moderate.

Awesome trail. Loved the rock stairways and different water falls along the way. Wish we were there when water was running. It would be even more beautiful in early spring.

Very fun for those who love waterfalls. Kinda crowded on weekends and holidays but overall super fun and beautiful

The trail is great but was wildly busy on a weekend day. There was barely any parking left and the trail was crowded. That being said, it's a fun hike with lots to see. There's a couple little caves and the one at the end of the trail is fun to crawl through. Bring a headlight or flashlight and enjoy. Right when you enter the cave, there's a room on the left that you have to duck into, but is quite tall once inside and is a cool place to see.

Love this hike. And crawling back into cave to see fall.

Very nice trail! Well maintained and clean with beautiful scenery! Go in early spring after a good rain to see the waterfalls running full. A little crowded, but so worth it!

Scenic, easy trail. There’s an underground waterfall if you’re into that.

Really beautiful hike!

Beautiful trail. Easy enough for all ages.

This was one of the most beautiful and most fun hikes I have ever done! There was so much to see along the way. I agree with the review before mine-it’s a nature’s playground! This would be a great trail for kids.

The first 5-star I've given on here! This valley is actually insane. It is compact, so there is not a whole lot of hiking, but there is no shortage of things to explore. The best way I know to describe it is an adult's playground. Favorite part was Eden cave. Follow it all the way to the back, even though you'll have to crawl.

We arrived 2 days (April 23) after a heavy rain in the area so we were looking forward to the falls running hard. We were not disappointed. The stream and falls were outstanding. The hike was fairly easy unless you wanted to go into the cave where you have to climb large steps carved out of the rock.

Absolutely beautiful place! We went a few days ago after we've had decent rain so the waterfalls were amazing! Lots of stone steps, but mostly an easy hike.

Fun but crowded. Only second half of the hike was fun once off the stone path. The cave was awesome and definitely be best part!

beautiful waterfall!!!!

So so beautiful, especially if the falls are going. We went in March after rain and it was rushing. The hike has some climbing in places, and can be slick, but my 5 kids handled it pretty well (the 3 and 4-year-olds needed help). The cave was kinda claustrophobic because so many people were trying to get in and out. I would definitely hike it again, but skip the the cave.

Seeing this place after a good rain is sooo much better! Liked it before, loved it this time.

Beautiful trail. Got hammered by a thunderstorm just before getting to Cob Cave, so at least we had some cover. Loved it!

Perfect hike for our family! The waterfalls were beautiful, and the cave at the end was so cool! If you stay to the right when it starts getting narrow, you don't have to crawl really...It's just a tight squeeze. Well worth it to see the waterfall inside. Our boys (4 and 11) loved it!

Great hike! With all the rain that fell this last week the falls were flowing good! The cave was very busy so didn't get to spend a lot of time in it. This is another popular hike in the area so be aware if you don't like crowds. There is a picnic shelter and bathrooms at the start which makes it nice if you are planning to do several hikes in the area.

Cave falls are amazing. Easy hike up to the first falls, but has the extras for those who want to explore

Beautiful, well maintained trail. Lots of moss and the falls were beautiful

Well maintained trail, easy hike with short steep sections near the end at the caves.