Lost Valley Trail

Lost Valley Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ponca, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

cave

Lost Valley Campground is located near Ponca, southwest of Harrison, Arkansas. The trail is accessible year-round. Best done in late fall or early spring for a more spectacular look at the water falls. Trail is very scenic, rated easy Note this area is heavily visited on the weekends. Best visited during the week if you want a little solitude. Trail ranges from crushed rock to natural services. The most scenic area of the trail is more demanding but worth it.

Beautiful trail with lots to see. Fun stairs and caves with little waterfalls. Beautiful drive from Fayetteville!

The features (Cob Cave & Natural Bridge) on this trail are amazing. This trail would be so much better minus the constant screaming of kids. It's still worth it.

Awesome

My favorite hike. I go AT LEAST once a year if not more. We went last weekend and there was no waterfall. It was the first time in the past 5 years I’ve never seen a waterfall. Still beautiful and worth it

Don't let the beginning of the trail fool you. As you get back to the cave the steps and trail become more challenging. As others have noted headlamp or flashlight is a good idea. Watch out for the noggin' knocker in the cave. 3 star rating due to the crowd of people on the hike. The main trail was very well maintained. Didn't go on the optional trail.

In my opinion, the most scenic trail in Arkansas. Caves: check, waterfalls: check, a waterfall inside of a cave: check. The traffic keeps it from a 5 star rating IMO. I've hiked it half a dozen times and have yet to see it lightly trafficked.

so much to see and every time you go you will find something you missed.

This was my first trip to Arkansas (from KC). Great trail. There's a clean bathroom at the trailhead with running water. Lost cell reception a couple miles out, so make sure you know how to get back out to wherever you're going. The trail was clearly marked & much of it was gravel for easy traveling. Overall, I'd rate the full trail as moderate.

The trail splits maybe a mile in and we headed toward the natural bridge & Eden Falls. The natural bridge was fun to climb up into & through. There were some big bees or wasps, so we didn't stick around too long, but it was a fun little climb.

Up from the natural bridge was Cob Cave, which was a cool sight. It's pretty easy to climb up & is big. Great photo opp. Eden Falls was next & it was mostly dry, but there were tons of butterflies!

The trail goes uphill up stone steps which are well maintained and easy enough to navigate, but a bit challenging. This takes you to Eden Falls Cave. I'd recommend taking headlamps or flashlights to explore, but our phones sufficed. The cave opens into a large room to the left & is worth checking out, just watch your steps - it's a bit slick.

Our hike ended up right around 4 miles and 2 hours overall with all our detours & stops to explore. I'd definitely recommend this trail.

G

Great hike!!! Beautiful!! Caves were cool!! The last cave we made it all the way through!! Had to crawl most the way and stay low but it was worth it!!! Just wish there was more water to the waterfalls!!!

Lost Valley Trail is my favorite trail in Arkansas. That might be because I began hiking this trail as a young teenager, which means I've been going there a long time. Natural Bridge, Cob Cave, Eden Falls and Eden Falls Cave are the highlights, but the entire trail is scenic and not difficult to maneuver. It is enjoyable anytime of the year.

Wooded trail that goes alongside a creek bed with a small waterfall and caves along the way. Bring along a flashlight to go in the cave, you have to crawl a little ways before opening up into a room with another waterfall. There's some uphill but not for very long.