Longpool Falls Trail

Longpool Falls Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dover, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Long Pool Rec. Area; From parking area, walk over to Loop B camp area, and go all the way to the back. There is an old rd that takes off between campsites #14 & 9 take the rd up past water tank, continue uphill just a little then downhill waterfall will be to your R up old creek bed Lat/Lon 35 32.958N 93 09.126W

I have been to the long pool rec area many times but never went to the falls. It's amazing!! Easy hike with a 40+ foot water fall. Go to camp area a and between #9 and #14 there is a little loop road. In the middle of the loop is the trail head. You keep heading the same direction past a water tower and on down to the falls. Definitely worth the trip!

Quick hike with a good payout. We went after a good rain and the waterfall was running incredibly.

It's a little hard to find and follow. I ended up bushwhacking and wondering why it was rated easy, then found the actual trail (it IS easy) lol
When I went, it was more a trickle, despite there having been flooding in the area the night before, but it's very pretty.

Great views, I loved it.

Great easy trail right off the river. Would make a great summer afternoon get away. There are signs posted saying "No Dogs, glass or fishing on the beach or swimming area," but I assume dogs are okay on the trail as it does not go to swimming area. If you are strictly trying to hit a couple trails in the area a dirt road leads to it on the right just before the fee & registration area.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

We went in early June and enjoyed a lovely hike to the falls. The highlight of our summer, though, was swimming at the Recreation area and jumping off the huge rocks into the Big Piney.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Me and my wife and daughter went here on 5/15/16. We also took our puppies. My daughter had a blast as well as the dogs. my wife and I enjoyed the hike. We are looking forward to returning and camping out here. beautiful place out here. It's very peaceful.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

First the app took me the wrong way so we had to go about 30 miles out of the way to find it and there is nothing to do hiked to the supposedly water fall nothing more than a trickle not real impressed

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Great trail that looked like an old road a long time ago. Once you get to the waterfall hike above it just a ways to see the taller one from the bluff line. Very pretty area.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Randomly stopped here on a camping/ hiking road trip and was just in love with this little place. Beautiful emerald river, bluffs, pine trees, and, of course, the water fall. Easy trail!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday, March 02, 2014

Great little bushwhack to a couple of waterfalls. Go during the winter and spring.