Leatherwood Loop Trail

Leatherwood Loop Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Eureka Springs, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

Beautiful walk around lake leatherwood lake. The wildlife is abundant here and the views are amazing. The hand hewn, and hand set bridge across the lake is worth the walk. There are now several geocaches in the loop so make sure and look for those as well.

10 minutes ago

Very nice and peaceful trail.

My husband & I hiked the Fuller and Beacham trails (Leatherwood Loop?) - a total of 4.5 miles in all! We had our 14 month old daughter in a baby carrier. We had a great hike, enjoyed the views and variety of terrain! Saw deer, an egret, and other wildlife. The lake/dam was gorgeous - highly recommend!

Despite the occasional spots of mud and a few spots where the trail was a bit confusing to relocate, it was a great little hiking/walking trail. The lake was calm, and we only came across a few other hikers along the way with their dogs. The frogs were cool, although we didn't see them, we certainly did hear them! I would imagine this is a bit more crowded or busy during the late spring and summer months, but it was perfect for late winter too. Took a detour behind the dam for a few minutes (about 30) to explore around, and take some pictures. It was fun!!

My wife and I needed a 7 mile trail for our marathon training and so we did two laps around Leatherwood. Excellent trail! Great scenery and amazing views of the Ozark mountains all around.

Great hike around the lake. It is a pretty level hike. Very cool walk way over the damn. The dogs enjoyed the area.

Nice variety of terrain.

Great trail. Sometimes the markers aren't as clear we took a detour down to the soccer fields. It's beautiful with lots to see.