Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Leatherwood Loop Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Eureka Springs, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

Beautiful walk around lake leatherwood lake. The wildlife is abundant here and the views are amazing. The hand hewn, and hand set bridge across the lake is worth the walk. There are now several geocaches in the loop so make sure and look for those as well.

nice little trail with varying terrain and cool views. family enjoyed it.

Gorgeousness!!

Easy, but torn up and muddy because of bicycle traffic. Some interesting wildlife evidence, but not really worth the hassle. Don't think we'll be hiking this again.

This was a fun and adventurous loop! Glad we did it, but 3 stars simply because it was pretty muddy, you jump across creeks throughout, and in the last 0.3 mile we had to walk through 1 foot of water because the foot bridge washed away. This would be a better trail if it was warmer out or we really wanted to get wet :)

Great little hike around the lake! As someone else mentioned, the name of the trail is actually Beacham Trail. It was pretty wet and muddy due to recent rain, but still nice. The only sketchy part was the last 0.3 miles where you cross back over the river...it looks like the walking bridge or crossing was washed away at some point, so we got a little wetter than we planned with the high water from the rain. Would definitely do again!

this trail name is actually Beacham trail. if you decide to walk it backwards like we decided to, you'll need to know that. We went the Leatherwood route and it took us way far away from where we wanted to be. Many trails in that area, and I think we walked them all! Beautiful day for it thankfully!

Great weather for a hike! We missed most of the fall color, but was still very lovely. The damn bridge is beautiful.

Very pretty easy fall hike. Varied views.

Nice hike but pay attention to trail after damn. Not clearly marked

4 mile loop around the lake. Nice hike. Restrooms at beginning of trail near cabins.

Beautiful hike!

Nice trail. Trees and lake view. The damn is neat. Got lost past the damn. Very pretty.

Nice trail. Took us about an hour and a half to do the loop. End of September and all the Creeks were dried up. East end of the lake and dam area were the nicest stretch.

Nice hike, little challenging in spots with tree roots, hills and crossing some small steams. Lost the trail for a little bit in the river bed past the damn. Very awesome view from old damn. Saw a snake near the water that spooked some of my fellow hikers, many spider webs across the trail as I was the 1st hiker of the day. Got one of my feet soaked crossing a stream. Overall enjoyed the hike.

Ended up finding a nice trail at leatherwood lake that went all the way around the lake and across the dam. The only problem is it isn't called leatherwood trail, it is called Beachum trail. Never saw a sign for leatherwood trail until we were done and it went away from the lake. it rained alot the night before so the trail was like a creek much of the time. Also had to cross a couple creeks on the trail. There was a waterfall off the dam that was very pretty. I would rate the tail a 5 but it wasnt the trail listed and described.

This trail is so beautiful! On the west side of the lake anyways. In hindsight and if I ever go again, I will hike up the west side of the trail to the bridge then turn around and come back. The west side has all the beautiful views of the lake, and the bridge is worth walking across for great panorama pictures. The east side however, was a much more difficult hike (which doesn’t deter me but it may for some) without much to look at. You can’t see the lake most of the time on the east side. I went in early September in the afternoon, and for whatever reason the bugs were heavier on this side of the lake. It felt like I spent the whole back half of the hike trying to fight the horse flies. West side of lake: 5 stars. Easy side: 1.5 stars

Great views at the dam, good trail

Peaceful trail. Wear appropriate shoes as the trail is mainly loose rocks with intersecting root systems.

Beautiful trail!

Did this trail in July of 2017. Loved it!!! Bring snacks, extra water and watch for rattlesnakes in the rocky area.

Beautiful trail and our dogs were worn out afterwards.

Time just flew by hiking this trail. Love seeing the water nearly every step of the way. The damn is great and this is a must see trail in ES.

My family enjoyed this hike. Water views throughout. Well maintained trails have enough traffic to make you feel like a part of a community but not so busy they feel congested.

I really enjoy going there. I can hike,mountain Bike, kayak and paddle board. It has it all. They have rv spots and cabins for rent plus new biking cabins.

Great hike, bird blinds quarry, creeks and hills...love this hike

nice easy trail. it crosses a WPA era dam. some of the rail is missing on the dam. Don't let kids cross it alone.

me and my little family loves this place ♡♡

Came to Eureka Springs to explore the city, but I wanted to check this place out first. its a beautiful lake with pretty clear water. I didn’t get to make it to the dam, but i will definitely come back.

Nice trail. More easy than moderate. Lake views are nice