Lake Ouachita Vista Trail

Lake Ouachita Vista Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Ida, Arkansas that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I agree with the others that this trail description needs to be updated. There are many segments of this larger trail and really need their own pages. We did the Homestead Trail portion, and ended up doing the out and back map shown on this app, mainly because we were unsure how far the connecting loop would be. (Homestead connects to Tompkins and back to Homestead, this app doesn’t show that.)

Nice easy to moderate trail through the pines with great views of the lake! Glad we went, but more info on these segments would make things easier.

Equinox hike along a wonderful creek

All Trails needs to revise this trail: The trail shown here on All Trails is only a segment of Lake Oachita Vista Trail, which is actually a much longer trail covering many miles. There are many trail heads with maps displayed at each. The segment highlighted here on All Trails starts at the Homestead trailhead. We started at Homestead trailhead, followed the map displayed there, rather than the All Trails map, and found that it looped to Tompkins trailhead and continued to loop back to Homestead, totaling about 3 and 1/2 miles. Pretty, quiet, very green, lake views, several benches. We would rate this trail level of difficulty as "moderate".

A nice trail, lots of benches to take breaks at if needed. The lake hitting the shore sounded great, I wanted to dive in so bad.

Quiet and smooth. This trail is rated as "hard" but it is not. 3 park benches set up for resting. No hard grades. Would be good for trail running or mountain biking.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Like someone else stated, this is much more than the map shows. I did a chunk of the LOViT yesterday from the dam (the Far East) to the overlook about 5 miles east of Crystal Springs and back. A nice hike. Definitely a MTB trail, but still a good hike. From Brady Mt. Crystal Springs along the ridge of Bear Mountain is awesome. You can see the lake through the trees the entire time as you hike the length of the ridge.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

This trail is about 40 miles long, but the map is only showing a small section of it. My wife and I have hiked it twice, both directions. I would say it was built as a mountain bike trail first, and a Hiking trail second. The Joplin trail head going up to Hickory Nut mountain is our favorite section. You get a little bit of everything... Creeks, Mountain side, good views, and woods.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

I would classify this as 'easy' trail, very easy going; great for a family

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Easy, well marked trail

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Beautiful trail. Lots of beautiful water in the creek alongside the trail. Plan on hiking this trail more than once.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Well marked trail, would consider it easy for younger, adventurous people

Friday, November 27, 2015

Excellent trail, well marked, scenic.

Friday, November 20, 2015

Not a loop, and 42 miles, not 15.

Friday, November 13, 2015

Great hike

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hiked from the dam to Brady mountain and back last weekend. It was pretty warm, and uphill a lot. About 5 out and 5 back. Next time I will start at Brady mountain and make the ten miles to crystal springs. Will do this in the fall when cooler. Overall nice, slightly difficult hike.

Friday, June 19, 2015

I've only hiked 3 miles of this trail but come fall I will hike the whole thing. It was a super nice trail. I took my dog on her first hike there. We hiked 3 miles in, had lunch and 3 miles out. The trail was nicely maintained and easily followed. I look forward to cooler weather so I can conquer the trail.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

very nice track, flowing, & challenging

Thursday, September 25, 2014

i really enjoyed this trail. i rode from the trailhead on trails end road to the Joplin trailhead. Trail was in good shape and had adequate signage; surprising I saw hardly anybody out there. The trail gives you a good workout because it is constantly going up and down the side of the hill. the surface has few roots and a lot of loose, rocky areas where you need to watch your self. I am looking forward to the chance to continue eastward from the joplin area and see how the rest of the trail is.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Trail was great! Very well maintained and an nice hike through the Ouachita National Forest. Provides for some nice views of the late, and the easternmost part of the trail is supposedly completed now!