Lake Atalanta from Poplar Street Trailhead

Lake Atalanta from Poplar Street Trailhead is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Rogers, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

Basically a walking path from the trailhead on Poplar Street to the picnic Area at the Lake Atalanta park. Short little downhill trail with a seriously technical rock section before the bridge. After the bridge things mellow out and then a flat path to the pavilion.

Easy paved trail. Don’t take the GPS to the location on AllTrails. Just put in Atalanta Park and it’ll route you to good parking there. This GPS location takes you somewhere kinda weird to start.

Nice easy trail

Great level park paved walkway excellent for kids

I'm from Rogers and have spent a lot time at Lake Atalanta during my child hood. My mema lived in a house up the hill from the lake and we would walk around the lake regularly. I'm a runner and love running trails. Two years ago when I figured out that they spent a lot of time and money to fix up the park and make trails around the lake I was very excited a spent two days running around the lake. I've made it a point to go there ever time I go home. If you take the hardest route of trails it's pretty technical lots of quick elevation changes and twist and turns. Beautiful views and always a great run. Much better than the humdrum of road running. The only thing I'm not to keen on is the board walk. I understand why they did it but in my opinion they could have left it out and just fixed up the road that went around it. It is fun to run on but it is the one thing I would change about it.

great walk

Very easy trail with beautiful views!

Great trail!

pretty place

Nice easy walk on a paved trail. Plan for cyclists and lots of other walkers with doggies and children. Very beautiful area.

Hate what they’ve done to it

Very pretty

Too easy for a hike. But there are hiking trails adjacent to it.

Nicely paved trail. Wide enough to accommodate walkers/runners/cyclists. I would rate this as easy not moderate Trail. Close enough to my house where I’d do it again when wanting a quick walk.

Thursday, February 01, 2018

Great views of lake. Over-head lights all around the path. Wide enough for people walking and cycling.

Sunday, December 03, 2017

We saw a bald eagle.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

very good starter trail. For lower key, you can drive closer to lake for 2.6 mile walk.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

before the spring 2017 flood this was a daily walk for me. I will be going back once the repairs are completed.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Pretty trail. Can't say it should be rated as moderate, more an easy walk. It is beautiful and not super crowded though.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

I love this trail. Its nothing exotic, but great if you want to kill 15 mins or even a couple hours. Easy to access and easy to navigate with kids or your dog. Pretty little lake with lots of fish and turtles. Several good spots for casting your line if you wanted to do a little fishing. If you hike or bike up on of the well paved there is an amazing mountain bike course along with several well maintained trails.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Very nice

Monday, July 03, 2017

The trail was great! The parking from Poplar stinks though. They're working on the park and once it's complete it will be awesome! I would suggest parking on the actually Atalanta Lake parking spot.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Absolutely a gorgeous walk. Of course it was the only walk we didn't bring our phones to take pictures. The lighting tonight was just beautiful and the lake was like a Bob Ross painting.

Have read some comments that it smells...it is a lake and it is going to have a smell. It smells like any other lake I've been on.

There were signs indicating the installation of a boat ramp/. I think this would be a huge mistake as it would disrupt the serenity of the lake.

Great walk!!!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Starting at trailhead on Popular st, it's a dead end with no parking. We ended up parking downtown Rogers and walking to the trailhead. Nice paved trail and several dirt trails, some fairly rigorous! We ended up going on "The Dump" trail, "Frisco", and "Billygoat" trails then ended up walking the paved trail that goes around the lake. About 5 miles round trip to where we parked. Would be good with kids too. I plan to bring my 7 year old soon.

Monday, May 15, 2017

I been doing it for years.

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Its a beautiful place for sure. However the place stinks a bit. Other that thn it's great for a leisurely trail.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Great for all ages!! And sports.

Friday, March 03, 2017

Easygoing. Will do it again.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Such a fun walk! I took my teens and they didn't complain once!

Sunday, January 01, 2017

I loved Lake Atlanta as a kid and was so excited to take my 4 children there since the recent renovation. Today we walked the sidewalk trail around the lake. Then walked the trail on the other side of the lake that goes to the Bike Park. This is an excellent trail for families. The wide sidewalks allow family members with strollers or wheel chairs safe & easy access to experiencing the beautiful scenery of NWA woods. The new park equipment is fun & unique. The only thing i would recommend are more picnic tables and swings for the little ones.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

The Lake Atalanta trail as shown here is not something to seek out. And things get a bit confusing now that they've re-opened the lake area, but are still doing some construction. And once you get to the lake you may, as I did, despair. The city of Rogers has, indeed, paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

Plenty of sod replaces all the nasty trees and native plants, and a sterile sidewalk and lots of fencing protect you from any of the icky nature you may encounter. You came to see it, but you don't want to get too close!

There is hope, however. The biking trails around the lake provide the experience I, and I imagine *you*, are looking for. Deer, squirrels, small creeks, tiny waterfalls, potential waterfalls, rocky outcroppings, gorgeous bluffs, and lovely lake views await you once you leave the the soulless sidewalk. Seriously, the minute you see a real dirt trail, get on it. The bike trails are pretty well labeled and easy to follow. You're almost always in sight of the paved path and the lake, so it's nearly impossible to get lost or even a little turned around.

The lake area is quite lovely, and the new construction will surely encourage use of the area, as it is well-designed and accessible to all. For my money, though, I say get out of there ASAP and get on the bike trails. You won't be disappointed.