Lake Alma Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alma, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

On this trail you will see bluff lines and moss-covered boulders all along the trail. You will cross a stream or two, and you will also see some small cascading waterfalls. This trail is situated in a hardwood forest where you have the ability to see some wildlife such as rabbits, foxes, or deer. About 20 minutes into the hiking trail, you come to a nice area with a waterfall, which is known as Mcwater fall.

Nice trail and waterfall. However the bridge at little frog bayou is out and not passable in high water.

This is a peaceful trail. Just make sure you don't hike it after a heavy rain. There is a creek that is alittle difficult to cross. But all in all I recommend doing this trail.

This is a really nice trail, but in my opinion, it's not a tiny kid friendly trail. I had my 2 yr old and pretty much carried her for 3 miles. my 5 yr. old loved it.

My dogs absolutely loved hiking this trail. The waterfall is just far enough in that the dogs are tired but not exhausted when we get there. It’s very refreshing. 1 mile to the waterfall and back to the car is great exercise for my pets.

My husband and I did this trail. Very pretty trail. There were parts that were rocky but overall a really good trail. Several places to sit, rest, and relax.

I took my 2 and 5 year old out with my wife today. the kids had a blast. it was a little difficult for the 2 year old but that was expected. the trail is not hard at all going to the water fall. that's all the further we went because of fear of it getting dark on us with 2 kids. I cant believe how maintained the trail was this time of year. I expected a bushwack but this was a nice easy trail. very beautiful.

Nice trail. Rocky so wear appropriate shoes. Didn’t have time to complete the trail but plan to go back another time when waterfall is flowing. It was just a drip today. Trail maintained well although parking lot was a little rough.

Took about 2 hours to go through the whole trail, including many picture stops and a short lunch. Very well maintained and absolutely gorgeous foliage this time of year. It was in the 90's but the trees provided plenty of shade.

A very enjoyable trail.. lots of up hill climbing.. several creeks to cross .. about a 4 1/2 mile hike

Didn't do the whole trail only went to the waterfall then headed back was starting to rain. Trail is well maintained and and fun to walk. Gonna do the whole trail this weekend.

Great length!!

Very pretty and well maintained.

Great local trail! So much to offer in the city.

This is a nice scenic trail. It is not very difficult but very enjoyable woods.

One of my favorite trails! Great length and well maintained for the most part. However, there was no way to get across (fairly deep) water in one area. Had to take off my shoes to walk across.

Great trail. Much appreciate the work these folks put into this. Recommended

GREAT trail...other than the bridges being washed out and having to cross the creek barefooted in January! It did make it fun and interesting though. Thank God for the 60 degree weather we had today.

Little rocky at times for a running pace but great trail overall with beautiful and peaceful setting.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Loved it here, the trail is well marked, scenery is Beautiful, the trail is a little rugged at points but wasn't a problem even with a pack. go check it out!

Sunday, September 10, 2017

great place to go

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

I love this trail!

Friday, July 14, 2017

all the bridges are washed out and was a difficult at times but a good day outting..

Monday, June 12, 2017

This was my second visit, and the dog's first. We picked up zero ticks here! That's astonishing, given the record numbers of them everywhere over the last couple of months, and the forested seclusion of this trail. The trail is wide and well-maintained in almost all parts, and there's plenty to see. I love any trail that goes along the top of a dam - some of the best lake views are to be had. We saw several turtles this morning, and even a bald eagle.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Great hike with lots to offer in a short distance. We loved the small streams to cross and the bridges were in good shape. My kids 5 and 8 had no problem doing this trail.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Just don't go during a down pour. There is a small wet weather creek that is difficult to cross.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

So many great features to discover on this trail. An old homestead site, bluffs, a pretty lake, and a disc golf course too!!

Friday, March 03, 2017

Lovely little trail - lots of surprises! The little waterfall, old stone structures, and rustic bridges are all great. You also get some lovely views of the lake, of course, plus bluffs, boulders, pretty creeks, an amazing view from the top of the dam... I was astonished by how much this short, easy trail offered.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Very well maintained!

Saturday, November 26, 2016

challenging but fun trail! we saw 2 bald eagles! easy access from interstate 40.