King's River Overlook Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Huntsville, Arkansas that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 144 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Beautiful walk along the bluffs of the White River. Eagle's Nest falls is seen also when hiking the Overlook, take the side spur down the bluff past the second small drainage.

This trail involves little effort—and the payoff is outstanding. How could you say no? This is one of the best overlooks I’ve ever visited. The view does not disappoint. It was not very busy either, which is certainly a plus. It’s a hidden treasure. Make sure you don’t miss this one!

Well maintained trail, easy hike, beautiful shady view. If you’re up for it, the Eagle’s Nest Waterfall is beautiful. I found it using one of the comments below. Getting there is not for the faint of heart.

This is an easy, flat, short hike. Though there are some great views this isn't a trail I would drive to see if I wasn't in the area, which I was. There is a waterfall that you can go and see if you are up for an adventure. The trail is well worn and easy to follow. The parking lot was full today. The road out to the trail head is in great shape. Some pot hole type spots to slow down for but overall great road.

all to our selves today, no traffic, very easy family friendly

This was a very easy mile. The perfect end to our hiking day. I wish we would have chosen this as the spot we ate lunch. It was so peaceful & beautiful.

The falls were beautiful. Pretty rough trail to get down there and to walk along the bluffs. Happy to do it once. Won’t do it again

The overlook is amazing and so peaceful. For those trying to catch Eagle’s Nest Falls—bring hiking boots and not children! I mistakenly carried my 2 year old—it was an ok scramble down to the falls If careful, and the view of stairstep creek leading to the falls and the top of the waterfall was cool. However, I couldn’t find a path down to the bottom, and soon regretted bringing a child as it felt like a battle to hike uphill back to the main trail, climbing over all the funky boulders, and avoiding the plethora of gnarly-looking spiders and their webs in between trees. There was no clear path back out. It’s probably 12-15 miles of dirt road, and follow the signs instead of Google Maps.

nice bluff to walk along King's River. Definitely colorful.

If you hiked this trail and didn't see a waterfall then you missed the best part. But the waterfall is not promoted as part of the hike and the scramble through the brush to find it is not an easy one. When you start on the trail you will cross two streams then you see a trail sign and just past the sign is one more stream. That's the one you want. Follow it as best you can on the right side of the trail until it meets a creek. Follow that creek downstream to your left carefully and soon it will drop off into a deep canyon. Climb through the woods on the RIGHT hand side of the canyon - don't go left I made that mistake first. Keep going a short way until you find a spot where you can climb down to the left into the creek bottom. Follow the creek back to the left upstream toward the canyon. I promise you that it will all be worth it. The falls are tall and the canyon is gorgeous but don't seek them out unless you are physically fit. The hike to the overlook is also wonderful and very easy.

Not really a hike, so much as a scenic walk. The view from the overlook is nice though. Easy enough for any skill level, but be careful on the rocky cliffs; they're slippery!

Tue Apr 23 2019

Great hike, not many people out on Easter day. Eagles Nest falls were flowing also.

Thu Apr 18 2019

I loved this easy trail overlooking the beautiful river! Great photo opps.

Mon Mar 11 2019

I walked this trail to find Eagles Nest Falls. The overlook is pretty. The "trail" to the waterfall is found just past the second stream. After you find the top of the falls, continue walking to the right along the hill. Eventually you will find a short trail that will lead you to a place where you can scramble down to the creek bed. The rock wall will be on your left as you walk towards the falls, and the trail there is unmistakable. I wouldn't take children on the trek to the waterfall as you will find the way by feel and there is only a little bit of trail to guide you. There is a lot of hiking through brush and over rocks. The walk along the bluff, then to the falls and back to the car was 2.4 mi round trip. See this link. The blog helped me find the cave and the falls. https://btoellner.typepad.com/exploring_nw_arkansas/kings-river-overlook-trail/

Tue Jan 22 2019

This was a super easy hike. More of a stroll really. The last 25 minutes to get there were all old back dirt roads. The overlook has an amazing view of the river. We spotted 3 eagles yesterday, beautiful.

Thu Dec 27 2018

Excellent hike, great views, road well signed leading in

Sun Jul 22 2018

beautiful overlook of the Kings River. easy to set up camp near the rim

Sun Apr 08 2018

Short but we'll kept trail. the trailhead is clearly marked. The bluffs are amazing but keep your dogs on a leash. Being so close to the house we will definitely do it again. Just wish it were longer. Oh, and look for eagles, beautiful if you can spot them.

Sat Feb 03 2018

Quick and easy walk on level ground. Beautiful overlook. We had the place all to ourselves. Plenty of places for a picnic or just sitting and reflecting.

Mon Dec 18 2017

Trial has amazing views and is completely hidden

Sat Nov 11 2017

Out of the way on dirt roads ( but well maintained). Trail is a nice walk, wide and not at all difficult. Trail is pretty but views at overlook are gorgeous! Well worth it. We will be back.

Sat Nov 04 2017

Super easy and short trail. Great for the kids, and absolutely gorgeous views. It’s not the easiest drive to get here, but totally worth it. There are several bluffs to stop and have lunch on, and would def do it again.

Mon Jul 31 2017

Easy trail, beautiful view from the overlook.

Sun Jul 16 2017

Accidentally took a wrong trail and had to back track. Main trailhead is easy to find, we were just absent minded today. Hike is really easy, wide trail, small gravel, no bug rocks or inclines. Also incredibly quiet, which is a nice change from the popular trails. We didn't see anyone else on the trail. Overlook is lovely, reminded us of Hawksbill.

Wed Jul 12 2017

Fantastic views, but a short hike.

Sun Jun 04 2017

Easy hike for a gorgeous view. Signs on the road are helpful to get you to the parking space.

Wed Apr 12 2017

Went here yesterday with my wife and dogs and this was a bust. you have to drive for about 4 miles on rocky dirt roads. When you get there the trail isn't maintained at all. Nor is it clearly marked. It looks like an old road someone just said was a trail. We parked at a gravel lot and started walking. As we went up it we had to dodge and climb various obstacles such as mud pits, multiple fallen trees, and lots of old barb wire. We got to a point I thought was a trail, but turned out not to be at all. Don't waste your time with this "trail". We finally had enough and turned back.

Thu Mar 23 2017

The view was amazing! The bluff was breathtaking highly recommend it!