Kings River Falls Trail

Kings River Falls Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Witter, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Kings River Falls is an scenic hike along the banks of the Kings River that ends at the falls. Best visited mid autumn through mid spring for a more spectacular view of the falls. The trail is well used making it easy to follow. Their are traces of of an old rock stone fence along the way. The falls can be spectacular. The river below the falls is a great swimming hole, but be careful, no lifeguard.

Very easy. Great for littles. Nice place to cool off

Make sure to see these falls at a peak water level! It is incredible fun to swim and layout on the cleared rocks.

Easy hike and even though the water was flowing much it was still well worth the trip. The AllTrails coordinates took us right to the trailhead. The trail is rocky which I didn’t think was bad but it’s not a flat dirt path.

The hiking is easy and the floating is good these days.
The pool is the best pool I have ever been in.

Very well maintained trail with a nice walk along the side the river to a nice waterfall with a great swimming hole under it. The river was very low but still flowing enough to get wet in the swimming hole.

Using the directions from this app we found the trail with no issues, although it is in the middle of nowhere haha we were thinking we had gone the wrong way before we finally ran into a local on the narrow dirt road and he told us we were right around the corner.
The trail was easy for the most part and the end result is def worth all of the time it took to find and hike the trail. Beautiful rock, waterfall, and water! Would love to go back during rainy season as the water flow wasn’t as much as I expected. Our 6 year old twins absolutely loved it!

Good easy hike. Kids and pet friendly. Unfortunately the falls were pretty dry at this time of the year.

Beautiful place! Easy (but rocky) trail. Many ledges and boulders for sitting near the water. Below the Falls, the water is a beautiful aqua color, and is deep enough for swimming in the summer.

Trail was a little flooded, but still navigable. The falls were really running and it was worth the wet feet. Beautiful morning and had the falls to myself.

Nice hike along King’s River. Waterfalls ♥️

Wonderful trail alongside the river....lots of rapids to enjoy! A must see! The downside....the long rough unpaved portion of road and a few run down dwellings on the way there. Wear hiking boots as lots of rocks to walk over and water to navigate around along the trail after heavy rains.

Easy hike with a beautiful view

Monday, November 20, 2017

Easy hike. Beautiful end point. Well worth it with low water.

Friday, November 10, 2017

Beautiful fall hike. Not lot of water since not much rain lately but still worth the beautiful drive. We were the only ones there

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Easy walk. Beautiful views

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Love this trail. It is extremely busy during peak Summer months but it is easy enouth to take the kids and is always a beautiful sight. I recommend going In the rainy season as it is definitely less impressive when the falls are dry.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

The footpath leading to the falls is well-used; in some places you are walking on river rocks, so hard-soled shoes are handy on this trail. It is easy to navigate, even at night, which we did. My children loved swimming in the falls, skipping stones, and playing along the river while I waited for nightfall to take pictures of the spectacular stars above the falls. One of my favorite places for stargazing!

Thursday, September 07, 2017

This was a blast to hike. I went twice, and the water is perfectly refreshing after the hike. Still haven't been there on a day with no other people- maybe I'll try early in the morning on a weekday.

I mean, it's gorgeous. The hike is pretty easy and the payoff is so worth it.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Beautiful!
Long drive on dirt roads followed by a Long walk however it was flat most of the way so fairly accessible.
We Went on a late afternoon weekday and had the place to ourselves it was the perfect private swimming hole.

rock climbing
Monday, July 03, 2017

Hope you brought a real map. Google misleads you and you lose signal with AT&T. We made this our first stop and it was wonderful. Definitely will go back there many times in the future. All the locals we very friendly. Rad stops along the well defined trail.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

The hike is versatile- a meadow, big smooth rocks, views of the river, caves/bluffs... Definitely wear sandals! The rocks in the river are not comfortable to walk on at all. And definitely jump in over the waterfall! This is a fabulous spot.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Pretty

Monday, May 29, 2017

The hike isn't bad but well worth it. Nice views along the water.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

I just wrote a review. See it.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

went on a rainy day and trail was full of water. we never made it to the end because of it. suppose it was just bad luck from everyones gorgeous pictures.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Very easy hike with good falls after a decent rain.

Monday, March 06, 2017

Beautiful! It had a little bit a water in it for our trip but I would love to see it with more! High water levels this would not be a good hike. Even got to see a bald eagle!! And dog friendly to boot!

Friday, March 03, 2017

What a neat trail! Very short and easy, not much of a challenge, but the river more than makes up for it. I had the place all to myself on a Wednesday morning. I bet it's pretty popular on the weekends, judging by the amount of parking spots available.

The trail was very wet in places. It was pretty easy to avoid soaking my feet, but if you're not very nimble, or there's a great deal of water, prepare to have wet feet.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Love Kings River Falls. Sadly it is a very popular trail so on most days you'll see a lot of people. Great place to swim. Be mindful of snakes in the warmer times of year as I have seen them near the falls. It is a very pretty little waterfall in end so get out there.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Nice easy trail. Lots of littering and dogs off leash when we went which made for a poor trip.