Kings River Falls Trail

Kings River Falls Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Witter, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Kings River Falls is an scenic hike along the banks of the Kings River that ends at the falls. Best visited mid autumn through mid spring for a more spectacular view of the falls. The trail is well used making it easy to follow. Their are traces of of an old rock stone fence along the way. The falls can be spectacular. The river below the falls is a great swimming hole, but be careful, no lifeguard.

Very easy hike with good falls after a decent rain.

Beautiful! It had a little bit a water in it for our trip but I would love to see it with more! High water levels this would not be a good hike. Even got to see a bald eagle!! And dog friendly to boot!

What a neat trail! Very short and easy, not much of a challenge, but the river more than makes up for it. I had the place all to myself on a Wednesday morning. I bet it's pretty popular on the weekends, judging by the amount of parking spots available.

The trail was very wet in places. It was pretty easy to avoid soaking my feet, but if you're not very nimble, or there's a great deal of water, prepare to have wet feet.

Love Kings River Falls. Sadly it is a very popular trail so on most days you'll see a lot of people. Great place to swim. Be mindful of snakes in the warmer times of year as I have seen them near the falls. It is a very pretty little waterfall in end so get out there.

Nice easy trail. Lots of littering and dogs off leash when we went which made for a poor trip.

Pretty easy hike. There are plenty of places to park. The waterfall at the end was not really flowing due to lack of rain. But it was still an excellent hike, will go back in the spring. Unfortunately there was also trash.

pretty nice trail...real easy...they only downside was there was quite a bit of trash at the end by the swimming hole....i wish i had my my small pack with me...i always keep a walmart bag to pick up trash... i didn't have it....anyhow...it was still a great hike...i recommend it for sure...

You are right by the water so most of the hike is beautiful! Great swimming hole awaits you at the end. We packed our lunch and ate sitting on a big Rock that overlooks the falls. Gorgeous!!!

super easy trail with a wonderful swimming spot at the end!

One of my favorites. So pretty and fun to explore.

This was our second visit and we had a very different experience this time! Last year went on a Sunday and there was a huge crowd of college students, loud music, trash everywhere, lewd behavior...so we played upstream instead and didn't even go to the falls. We decided to visit on a weekday this time. The people were great, the crowd was small, no litter, and the fall was running great! I wrote about our experience here: http://www.adventuresintheozarks.com/2014/08/kings-river-falls-in-witter-ar.html

This is a great little trail that I find myself on a couple times each year and still look forward to each trip. It is a very easy trail for little ones also with a nice place to jump in and cool off at the end.