Kings River Falls Trail

Kings River Falls Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Witter, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Kings River Falls is an scenic hike along the banks of the Kings River that ends at the falls. Best visited mid autumn through mid spring for a more spectacular view of the falls. The trail is well used making it easy to follow. Their are traces of of an old rock stone fence along the way. The falls can be spectacular. The river below the falls is a great swimming hole, but be careful, no lifeguard.

Easy hike with a beautiful view

Easy hike. Beautiful end point. Well worth it with low water.

Beautiful fall hike. Not lot of water since not much rain lately but still worth the beautiful drive. We were the only ones there

Easy walk. Beautiful views

Love this trail. It is extremely busy during peak Summer months but it is easy enouth to take the kids and is always a beautiful sight. I recommend going In the rainy season as it is definitely less impressive when the falls are dry.

The footpath leading to the falls is well-used; in some places you are walking on river rocks, so hard-soled shoes are handy on this trail. It is easy to navigate, even at night, which we did. My children loved swimming in the falls, skipping stones, and playing along the river while I waited for nightfall to take pictures of the spectacular stars above the falls. One of my favorite places for stargazing!

This was a blast to hike. I went twice, and the water is perfectly refreshing after the hike. Still haven't been there on a day with no other people- maybe I'll try early in the morning on a weekday.

I mean, it's gorgeous. The hike is pretty easy and the payoff is so worth it.

Beautiful!
Long drive on dirt roads followed by a Long walk however it was flat most of the way so fairly accessible.
We Went on a late afternoon weekday and had the place to ourselves it was the perfect private swimming hole.

rock climbing

Hope you brought a real map. Google misleads you and you lose signal with AT&T. We made this our first stop and it was wonderful. Definitely will go back there many times in the future. All the locals we very friendly. Rad stops along the well defined trail.

The hike is versatile- a meadow, big smooth rocks, views of the river, caves/bluffs... Definitely wear sandals! The rocks in the river are not comfortable to walk on at all. And definitely jump in over the waterfall! This is a fabulous spot.

Pretty

The hike isn't bad but well worth it. Nice views along the water.

I just wrote a review. See it.

went on a rainy day and trail was full of water. we never made it to the end because of it. suppose it was just bad luck from everyones gorgeous pictures.

Very easy hike with good falls after a decent rain.

Beautiful! It had a little bit a water in it for our trip but I would love to see it with more! High water levels this would not be a good hike. Even got to see a bald eagle!! And dog friendly to boot!

What a neat trail! Very short and easy, not much of a challenge, but the river more than makes up for it. I had the place all to myself on a Wednesday morning. I bet it's pretty popular on the weekends, judging by the amount of parking spots available.

The trail was very wet in places. It was pretty easy to avoid soaking my feet, but if you're not very nimble, or there's a great deal of water, prepare to have wet feet.

Love Kings River Falls. Sadly it is a very popular trail so on most days you'll see a lot of people. Great place to swim. Be mindful of snakes in the warmer times of year as I have seen them near the falls. It is a very pretty little waterfall in end so get out there.

Nice easy trail. Lots of littering and dogs off leash when we went which made for a poor trip.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Pretty easy hike. There are plenty of places to park. The waterfall at the end was not really flowing due to lack of rain. But it was still an excellent hike, will go back in the spring. Unfortunately there was also trash.