King's Bluff Loop Trail

King's Bluff Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sand Gap, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Both the Pedestal Loop and the King's Bluff Loop Trails are accessed from the Pedestal Rocks Trailhead.

Easy hike. Nice views.

Quick and easy hike. The trail is not well marked. The hike may be cooler than what I rated it, but we were too exhausted from our previous hikes that morning to go out of our way try to find our way below the bluff.

great trail. must go to bottom of falls also.

Sadly when we were there it hadn't rained for a long time and the waterfall was reduced to a tiny trickle ... :( Great otherwise! We even got to see our first US snake (we're from the UK) - a harmless green snake that took forever to get off the path as it was so cold!

Great easy hike with amazing views

Awesome!

Great hiking both along the trail
And then went under
The falls to explore
The caves. Beautiful area.

Monday, November 21, 2016

It was one of the most beautiful places i have been.... kings bluff was awesome and Pedestal rock was breath taking and a wonder to see. The arch was really neat area as well. We never found the caves. I would have gave it 5 stars if the loop had a better sign to the parking lot coming from the arch.... we did the loop twice because when we came to the end and one sign said pedestal rock and one said kings bluff sooooo we took trail to the right expecting it to be the parking lot.... lol lesson learned and a wonderful hike through

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Great trail with beautiful waterfalls! You definitely need to pair this trail with the Pedestal Rock trail since they are so short.

Monday, August 08, 2016

A great hike with great views but I'd recommend going in the fall or winter. The trail was pretty narrow and ticks were everywhere.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

This is a pretty easy trail to hike; the way back (with the bluff view) was slightly harder as you're doing a bit more of an incline. I recommend taking a bottle of water. We went in the spring after recent rainfall so the falls were going pretty well. It is challenging to see them because they fall right over the bluff you're standing on, meaning you have to get at an angle to view them better. As another reviewer said, watch out for the slippery rock (even when you're behind the fence). Also, the trail through the forest to the falls gets very wet and soggy after rain, so wear boots then.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Beautiful and easy trail. The waterfall was flowing but not much, which was surprising with some of the rains we've had lately. Take note, the ticks are already out in full force. Even with bug spray we found a couple crawling on our arms.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

This trail leads to a very nice waterfall area. There are awesome views along the bluff line as you complete the loop counterclockwise.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Easy trail, relaxing and good view!

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Great hike. Beautiful views. Be careful on the bluff. It can get very slick.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

This is a great place to spend the day. The waterfall is the second largest in Arkansas (I think). Enjoy beautiful views and waterfalls. Don't miss out on this hike! Trail was a bit muddy at some parts, advise wearing shoes you don't mind getting nasty.

Friday, January 01, 2016

Beautiful

Sunday, November 29, 2015

I did this with my daughter and her dog the day before Thanksgiving. Saw a few folks on the trail, but had the pedestal area all to ourselves the whole time we were there. Beautiful area! It has been about a dozen years since I last did this hike, and I had forgotten how nice the area is. I didn't do it this trip, but I plan on returning and working my way down to the foot of the falls.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Beautiful hike. However, due to the recent rains were several places very muddy and even standing in water. But these places were easily side stepped and did not deter from the trail at all. They can be slippery though. Easy hike with an amazing variety of views. Definitely going back when the fall color is at it's peak.

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Easy and quick trail with beautiful views. Wish there was better access to the waterfalls. Probably not a trail for small children as the bluffs are very steep and sheer.