Kingfisher Trail

Kingfisher Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Fayetteville, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

About three miles out and back, complete with picnic area where you would not expect to find one. Primarily a hiking trail but Horses are allowed as well. The Scouts did a great job when they made this trail. Take specific note of the bridge made from logs and be glad you did not have to help carry them. Only one real place for lake access, it is just after the trail swings left and no longer parallels the road.

This is a really nice little trail. It's short, but could be combined with the others near the lake for a good session of hiking.

It starts out next to the road and runs right next to it for longer than I'd have liked, but then it goes a bit deeper into the trees and is really pleasant. The little loop at the end is basically in back yards. A gorgeous (and friendly) Great Pyrenees came out to say "hello" - my dog loves everyone, but do be aware of the proximity to houses and resident pets if your furry buddy is picky about meeting new friends.

Nice trail for my morning hike. The first half to the end was near the road and I was a little disappointed, but the second half (after the clearing with the picnic table) I really liked! There was a more remote feel to it and even a little bridge to cross.

Wonderful trail in any season.

a little over grown, but nice and feels remote. on 9/12/16 I was out and smelled a bear and there was an enormous bear poop in the middle of trail. just a heads up!!!

Boo

Monday, June 06, 2016

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Friday, February 26, 2016

Sunday, February 21, 2016

We hiked this trail last week. It was a bit slow going in that it was just a path along the road but once we got into it it was a nice hike. When we got to the end it wasn't marked well as to where to go but we found our way back. lol Nice hike though.

Monday, February 08, 2016

Great hike for fall/winter. I would be a little concerned about snakes in the summer. Trail seems like it could potentially be overgrown and is somewhat close to the water. Otherwise, great hike, easy to find, there was even a place to stop for a picnic.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Friday, December 25, 2015

Easy little hike. Well maintained.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Went at sunset. Some really pretty fields and some nice views of the lake in the first 5 or 10 minutes of the hike

Monday, August 31, 2015

Trail started out pretty wide but was filled with lots of spider webs. I don't think many people have been on this recently. It then narrowed significantly to the point where there was a bend and the trail could not be seen! We just guessed and headed left,up a hill and then found a blue blaze. Once up in elevation the trail was clean. Came across a box turtle in the middle of the trail and also near the end, saw a doe and her fawn side by side. The rail goes close by the backyard of a blue house, then stops abruptly just past in a densely wooded area. No further blazes to be found and the blazes are not on the trees in the opposite direction. So just forged our own trail down the slope back to the ridge where we figured we would connect back to the trail and we did.

Saturday, June 06, 2015

This trail started out okay but was extremely overgrown after the first half mile or so (as of May 2015).
I took my dog and 9 year old with me. I picked literally dozens of ticks off the three of us before we got back in the car. I wish we had just turned around right away when the grass and weeds started to overtake the trail but I was hoping it would clear up again... it didn't.

Monday, May 04, 2015

Went horse riding out here with mom & sister and really enjoyed it!

Thursday, April 16, 2015