Kingfisher Trail

Kingfisher Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Fayetteville, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

About three miles out and back, complete with picnic area where you would not expect to find one. Primarily a hiking trail but Horses are allowed as well. The Scouts did a great job when they made this trail. Take specific note of the bridge made from logs and be glad you did not have to help carry them. Only one real place for lake access, it is just after the trail swings left and no longer parallels the road.

Not maintained at all!! I didn't feel comfortable doing it with two kids. We did 5 minutes and then turned around.

Not sure I would call this a trail. Once I finally found the trailhead, we gave it about a 1/4 of a mile in and it was so overgrown that we turned around and went to the other trail...see that review on that trail!

This is a really nice little trail. It's short, but could be combined with the others near the lake for a good session of hiking.

It starts out next to the road and runs right next to it for longer than I'd have liked, but then it goes a bit deeper into the trees and is really pleasant. The little loop at the end is basically in back yards. A gorgeous (and friendly) Great Pyrenees came out to say "hello" - my dog loves everyone, but do be aware of the proximity to houses and resident pets if your furry buddy is picky about meeting new friends.

Nice trail for my morning hike. The first half to the end was near the road and I was a little disappointed, but the second half (after the clearing with the picnic table) I really liked! There was a more remote feel to it and even a little bridge to cross.

Wonderful trail in any season.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

a little over grown, but nice and feels remote. on 9/12/16 I was out and smelled a bear and there was an enormous bear poop in the middle of trail. just a heads up!!!

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Boo

Monday, June 06, 2016

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Monday, February 29, 2016

Friday, February 26, 2016

Sunday, February 21, 2016

We hiked this trail last week. It was a bit slow going in that it was just a path along the road but once we got into it it was a nice hike. When we got to the end it wasn't marked well as to where to go but we found our way back. lol Nice hike though.

Monday, February 08, 2016

Great hike for fall/winter. I would be a little concerned about snakes in the summer. Trail seems like it could potentially be overgrown and is somewhat close to the water. Otherwise, great hike, easy to find, there was even a place to stop for a picnic.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Friday, December 25, 2015

Easy little hike. Well maintained.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Went at sunset. Some really pretty fields and some nice views of the lake in the first 5 or 10 minutes of the hike