Joe Clark Trail at Lake Wilson

Joe Clark Trail at Lake Wilson is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Greenland, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a good little nature trail. The trail runs through the woods almost entirely. There is a view of the lake for part of the trail and the rest is in the trees with a little section of nice rock formations. there is a spillway at the north side (water will need to be high for it to be running).

It’s not marked very well, but it is a nice trail that probably has really good views in the winter months.

Decided to take my girlfriend for nice walk. It is a quick and nice getaway from Fayetteville if you don’t feel like driving too far. Only took us 15 minutes from downtown. It has been rainy for the past few days so the spillway was running fast which was pretty cool.

We've done it several times with kids. Well marked. Quiet and close to town.

It's nice having a few hiking spots nearby to be able to hit when time is tight. This is one of those trails for me. It is shorter, difficult and easy to follow. With it being fall the area wasn't busy on the lake so parking was good.

Quiet trail with nice views and little creeks and spillways to explore. Trail is a little rocky in areas, but still easy. Fun, easy hike with little to no traffic.

I enjoyed this hike. It was a little overgrown in some places, but you can still clearly follow the path. The trail is very well marked with blue markings and some additional signage. In any tricky spots you can usually find a marking to help get you going the right way. I hiked alone today, but I would definitely come back with my husband and son.

Great hike! You can also let your dog go off leash here, but please don't if your dog is aggressive or known to bite.

Monday, July 17, 2017

loved rhis trail shaded most of the way and not super hard!

Sunday, May 07, 2017

nice starter trail. great shelter for picnic after hiking or boating

Monday, February 20, 2017

Great easy hike. Good one to bring pets on.

Friday, January 27, 2017

I was looking for a nice hike, close to Fayetteville, that I could complete before work. This trail was perfect for that. It felt like a hidden gem. It also a great trail to bring your dog. Leashes were not required. I walked the inner loop that morning and part of the outer loop. I will definitely be coming back to do the outer loop in full.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Nice family trail. Easy trails!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Beautiful trail. Highly recommended!

Friday, November 11, 2016

Great Trail!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

My sister and I enjoyed this hike.

Friday, May 27, 2016

beautiful trail

Monday, November 02, 2015

Great little spot that seems to be mostly deserted, yet is 15mins from downtown. For such a small park, if you stray off the trails and wander about, you can spend a whole day here. Nice rock formations, and exposures, especially in the spillway. If you look closely in the shale exposed in the spillway you can find iron concretions, a fossil or two and if you're really lucky, a septarian nodule. Nice view from the highpoint in the park in the eastern-most corner of the property.

Friday, April 03, 2015

Great little hike if you have a couple hours of free time. It's a dirt road the last mile to park your car so plan accordingly!

Saturday, March 14, 2015

A great location for a short hike. It was pretty muddy but that's to be expected in the spring months. Had my 18 month old in a backpack with no trouble whatsoever. Lots of good little creeks to let him wander around and throw rocks and generally explore.

Monday, March 09, 2015

Nice easy trail around the lake. A lot of rocks scattered throughout forest floor creating great spots for moss and lichen to flourish. This would be a great trail for families with kids, it's long enough for some good exercise but not too long for kids to get burned out and if you start at the pavilion side of Lake you will end at the spillway, which is a nice treat. Several creek crossings.

Monday, March 02, 2015

I added a track on Feb 8, 2015 of just the east loop starting and finishing near the spillway. I actually prefer this loop and find it more entertaining and aesthetically pleasing. It's about 1.76 miles. One side is through woods with some nice rock formations and the other goes along the lake.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

My mom and my two boys (3 & 6) and I really enjoyed this trail. Its secluded and quiet. Perfect trail for kids. There's an optional route less than halfway around that's longer, and more difficult. Since we had the kids we opted for the easier and shorter loop, but we'll definitely come back another time to complete the other section of the trail. Beautiful views of the lake!

Monday, June 02, 2014

Nice little gem of a trail. It was a good hike. Lots of rocks and if you don't like gnats flying in your face constantly, you might want to bring a mosquito net. Overall, I liked this hike very much. The whole family had a nice time.

Monday, May 26, 2014

so many ticks. its was a good hike though

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cool fall morning hike with the dogs running all over. There needs to be more places like this to enjoy.