Learn more

Iron Mountain Blue Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Arkadelphia, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 2.9 mi Elevation gain 239 ft Route type Loop

Photos (21)
Recordings (32)
Completed (53)
Brice Gibbs
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Apr 14 2020
Running

First time at Degray Lake in over 20 years. Beautiful!

View Brice's Recording
Ricky Clark
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMon Feb 18 2019
Hiking

GOOD TRAIL, not hard at all, there was plenty of water flowing down the mountain and in the creeks, more like 2.7 MILES IN length I think the guide says 3.3

Doug Neidholdt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMon Jan 07 2019
Hiking

Found it to be a great trail very well laid out. I iked it, but if I was mountain biking It would of been a great to learn on but also fun if experienced.

David Crook
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarWed Jun 13 2018
Mountain biking

This review is for the "White Trail" at Iron Mountain. Note if someone knows how to create a new "account" for this trail or can point me to its section location, I'll migrate it over. I just didn't see any dedicated "White Trail" section under Iron Mountain. Am just starting back into trail riding after 15 years of occasional road rides on my Giant hybrid bike. Got a new Trek MTB this year and am easing into AR trails. Went down to Iron Mountain Sunday morning with a buddy. Weather was perfect at 80 degrees and clear. We parked in a large gravel parking lot about 50 yds(?) from the White Trail. We traversed clockwise. No others were on path at 8am. A fantastic 5 mile trail! The trail was in great condition; no obstacles, no ruts, dry but not too dusty. "Picturesque" best describes the White Trail in Arkadelphia. Great for photographs. There are plenty of opportunities to pull off trail and take in scenery, even dip your toes into Lake DeGray. Again, having just begun sampling a few MTB trails in Arkansas, I'm not in MTB leg shape. I had no problems with the downhills and there are several decents with "somewhat flowy runs", at least to my eyes. These allow you to test your disk brakes and bike balance. = fun! There are also a few mild uphill runs that forced me to miss shift my 11 SHRAM gears and/or come off my RaceFace pedals due simply to my inexperience and not-ready-for-primetime biking legs. I noted to my buddy during the ride that I still play full court B-ball at 55 with mostly 20/30 year-olds but "MTB bike shape" is a different fitness focus. Meaning... I took a few 60+ sec breathers on a few of the longer, winding uphills. But to me, having to bail on an uphill or two provides me with plenty of motivation for the next visit. According to my Strava app, my elapsed pedaling time was 51 minutes. We were probably ON the trail for 90 minutes or so accounting for pictures and water/nutrition breaks. Iron Mountain White Trail was recommended by nearly all experienced MTB bike owners. It did not disappoint and I'll be back in a few weeks. The trail loop is roughly 5 miles long so bring water for sure, nutrition if needed, emergency bike parts just in case. Closer to 10 am we saw other bikers on the trail, traveling in both directions. A great time!

Richard Wyatt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun May 27 2018

As others have noted, there’s actually 5 different& mostly interconnected loops. 1st day we did the 4.75 mi yellow trail which had more switchbacks with more yet gentle ascent/descent. There were no lake views so I would rate it a 4. Today we did the 4.75 mis white trail. More rolling but beautiful lake views & parts even close enough to go get wet (she did!). This is a 5+! All trails were virtually vacant. This system was built with bikers in mind but great for either the adrenaline seeking crowd or the more pedestrian! How do we get AllTrails to update this system?!

Christopher Tucker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarWed Apr 26 2017
Vanessa McKnight
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarWed Mar 29 2017
Running

I actually ran the orange/red loop which is approximately 3.5 miles. All I had time for. For some reason the entire trail system is not on Alltrails. Really enjoyed the singletrack! It was remarkably dry considering the heavy rains from two days earlier, this is not to suggest that there were not wet spots on the trail, because there were. There are prominent rock gardens. Hope to return and run the entire trail. My friends mountain biked the majority of the system and had a great time!

Jason Jacobs
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMon Sep 05 2016
Running

I set out for this place figuring I would have to run around the "1.2 mile loop" it is described as being, a few times. What I found out was that there are actually three trail systems that link together to form the iron mountain trails. I ran the blue trail show on the picture I uploaded and it was between 2.5 and 2.7 miles long. Either the description of the trail is old and needs updated or they have since added onto the old trails. I thought the trails we well maintained with plenty of spots to be able to open up with some speed, either in foot or on a bike, and a few spots that were rocky or had switchbacks that would take a bit of skill to navigate. It was nice to be near enough to the lake on the blue loop to be able to see the sunrise reflecting off of it. I wish I had had known the distances of the trails and different loops so I could have judged if I had enough time to do more but I settled for the blue loop and it was ok.

Chase Walker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSun Jul 05 2020
View Chase's Recording
Leslie Sadler
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat May 09 2020
View Leslie's Recording
C E
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFri Apr 10 2020
Andrew Burt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMon Mar 30 2020
View Andrew's Recording
Daddy Kuhn
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMon Mar 23 2020
View Daddy's Recording
Jessica East
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Mar 07 2020
View Jessica's Recording
D W.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Feb 08 2020
View D's Recording
Karen Adney
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Dec 22 2019
View Karen's Recording
William Ross
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Nov 09 2019
View William's Recording
Will Brown
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Oct 29 2019
View Will's Recording
William Ross
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Oct 13 2019
View William's Recording
Tom Maddox
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Oct 05 2019
View Tom's Recording
Daniel Fowler
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFri Sep 20 2019
View Daniel's Recording
Donna Yelverton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Jul 20 2019
View Donna's Recording
James Yelverton
View James's Recording
Cara Hewitt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSun Jun 16 2019
View Cara's Recording
Doug Neidholdt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMon Dec 31 2018
View Doug's Recording
Deonna Courtney
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSun Oct 07 2018
View Deonna's Recording
Rob Argabright
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Oct 06 2018
View Rob's Recording
Ken Mulkern
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMon Oct 01 2018
View Ken's Recording
Mark McLane
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMon Sep 03 2018
Traci Reese
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMon Aug 27 2018
View Traci's Recording