Hunt's Loop Trail

Hunt's Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile loop trail located near Jessieville, Arkansas and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and canoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

Troop 99 easy hike for first year scouts loop trail and sleep in OT trail shelter great

great fun

It was great simple hike. It was easy enough for our 7 year old to handle.

Beautiful hike in the woods that is well worth the sweat! Trail is well kept and marked clearly. Ground cover is mostly poison ivy, stay on the path. Lots of super small ticks, spray spray spray!

Great Hike. Encountered around 400 lb. Black bear about mile 3. Beginners be aware of your surroundings.

Had a great hike and camp here. Spring is a great time to visit.

Lots of switchbacks as we took the trail starting on the left side to ascend quickly up to the lookout. Glad I had a hiking stick with me. Lots of poison ivy.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Great hike, well marked trail. At the beginning we went up to vista first, steep hike up and am glad did this first. Was a cloudy day and view was limited. Hunting season and later found out is recommended to wear orange hat for safety.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Close to home so have hiked many times. Very well marked and always a great hike.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Sunday, October 23, 2016

This is a trail that is very close to home for me, so I've been on it countless times. This is a good loop for how close to home it is, but if you're coming from far away, there are better trails. There is really only one scenic point on the loop. Going clockwise, the section after the vista is nice. There aren't any amazing views, but you get a nice, easy hike across the mountain to the OT intersection.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Depending on which way you go will determine how difficult this trail is. If you are looking for more easier hike, I wouldn't recommend going counter-clockwise. Going clockwise will take you up the steep side of the mountain, which is a strenuous workout.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sunday, July 10, 2016

We didn't have time to complete the whole trail, so we went straight up to the vista and back down. Definitely a good work out by the time we got to the top. Even though it was July with the tree canopy it was pretty comfortable. However... We must have ventured in during national tick day or something because I counted no less than 25 by the time I made it down. 1 hour hiking, 2 de-ticking. Plan accordingly.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I actually liked this one quite a bit. Not very challenging but some pretty nice views.