Hunt's Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile loop trail located near Jessieville, Arkansas and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and canoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

paddle sports

Had a great hike this morning. It's slightly longer than advertised. It was a hot in the summer time, leave early and be done by 10:00am during the summer. Spiders and webs along trail during the summer. What a great easy day trip from Hot Springs! Make sure to stop by the Visitor's Center at the National Forest Center along Hwy 7.

Great hike. Tougher than I expected. We wished we’d brought more water. The view on the top of the mountain is breathtaking. My son and I are exploring the area as we prepare for our first backpacking adventure.

Easy hike. I took my 9 year old and 7 year old, each carried a 20 pound pack each, they had no problems. We went in late November. Trail was very well marked with white rectangles painted on trees. The trail had a very "slippery" spots with all the leaves that had fallen off trees. No bugs, other than LOTS of spiders.

Troop 99 easy hike for first year scouts loop trail and sleep in OT trail shelter great

great fun

It was great simple hike. It was easy enough for our 7 year old to handle.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Beautiful hike in the woods that is well worth the sweat! Trail is well kept and marked clearly. Ground cover is mostly poison ivy, stay on the path. Lots of super small ticks, spray spray spray!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Great Hike. Encountered around 400 lb. Black bear about mile 3. Beginners be aware of your surroundings.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Had a great hike and camp here. Spring is a great time to visit.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Lots of switchbacks as we took the trail starting on the left side to ascend quickly up to the lookout. Glad I had a hiking stick with me. Lots of poison ivy.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Great hike, well marked trail. At the beginning we went up to vista first, steep hike up and am glad did this first. Was a cloudy day and view was limited. Hunting season and later found out is recommended to wear orange hat for safety.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Close to home so have hiked many times. Very well marked and always a great hike.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

This is a trail that is very close to home for me, so I've been on it countless times. This is a good loop for how close to home it is, but if you're coming from far away, there are better trails. There is really only one scenic point on the loop. Going clockwise, the section after the vista is nice. There aren't any amazing views, but you get a nice, easy hike across the mountain to the OT intersection.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Depending on which way you go will determine how difficult this trail is. If you are looking for more easier hike, I wouldn't recommend going counter-clockwise. Going clockwise will take you up the steep side of the mountain, which is a strenuous workout.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

We didn't have time to complete the whole trail, so we went straight up to the vista and back down. Definitely a good work out by the time we got to the top. Even though it was July with the tree canopy it was pretty comfortable. However... We must have ventured in during national tick day or something because I counted no less than 25 by the time I made it down. 1 hour hiking, 2 de-ticking. Plan accordingly.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I actually liked this one quite a bit. Not very challenging but some pretty nice views.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Not the most exciting trail but it's a beautiful view at the top.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

not a good hike was right next to highway 7 for 1.5 Miles hunt trail not marked when u met up with ouachita trail and flat wilderness trail. maybe in the spring with water running

Saturday, October 10, 2015

A good trail. Definitely moderate. My 8 year old son and I did it in about 3 hours but we did stop for lunch on the trail. Very pretty.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

This was my second trail of 2015, and glad I took the time complete this one that resides just north of Jesseville, AR. My "Map My Ride/Fitness" app on smartphone gave a total distance of 4.2 versus the 4.8 noted on the description. Not real sure which is most accurate. I power-hiked this trail and finished it in 1 hour 18 minutes (around 19 min/mile). From the parking lot trail head on State Rt 7, the trail had a gradual incline to about the 2 mile mark, before doing multiple switchbacks on the a steep fairly rocky slope back down to the 3 mile mark. The footing is good, but forces you to keep your eyes down a bit steer clear of rocks. The last mile was more sure footed and a calm finish to nice trail. I'll do it again sometime!

Thursday, July 03, 2014

Awesome hiking trail! I wanted to track the trail out with my phone but the mountains prevent service. It is not an easy trail by any means and I
Wouldn't suggest it for children. Hills are steep and you have to cross river beds, etc. All around awesome! Go and enjoy!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fantastic beautiful trail. My favorite part was when it joined the Ouachita trail. However we went in july and there was lots of poison ivy.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

This was the first trail i hiked on purpose! I think I went backwards but it was really enjoyable. The thing I liked was that it ties into the OT which I hiked a couple of miles on the same day also.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Trail was nice, wasn't to impressed with the Vista View on top of the mountain but it was acceptable. Came across a little pond about the size of a house that had goldfish in it which was surprising and different. Very nice.