Horseshoe Mountain Trail

Horseshoe Mountain Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lake Catherine State Park, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Malvern: Take Exit #97 off I-30 at Malvern and travel 12 miles north on Arkansas Hwy. 171 to the park.

I hiked this with my 6 and 8 year old in an hour and a half. We thoroughly enjoyed our time and saw many deer. The elevation change wasn't too tough and the rocky bluff was fun to climb on. There is a particularly good view of Lake Catherine from the top of the mountain as well. We will definitely go back.

Tried this trail for the first time today. Really enjoyed it. I'm not in the best of shape but I'm trying to push myself. This trail had some challenges for this 40 year old gal trying to get fit but the rewards were worth it! My husband and I finished in under 2 hours.

Wonderful and beautiful

Lake Catherine offers up one of a kind scenery and something of a hike. I did a rather large loop, of group of loops when I went. It was incredible!!! A great challenging hike with a switch of scenery here and there. This part of the hike was awesome, simple, and relaxing! It offered a peace, not many people out on the trails.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Needed some early morning solitude and got it with this trail. Spent about two hours , moderate terrain. Was alone the entire time and it was just what I was looking for. Only a few Vistas but varied areas of terrain and foliage with wildlife to match.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Thursday, April 28, 2016

To me, this was the most boring of all the hikes at Lake Catherine. It's still a good trip for a family but I'd definitely do it with the other trails at Lake Catherine.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016