Gorley King Trail

Gorley King Trail is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Banyard, Arkansas that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

This trail is a bit rough (lots of rocks and fallen trees, hard to find/follow at times), and I wouldn't recommend it if you're just looking for a pleasant stroll in the woods. If you're feeling intrepid, however, you will be rewarded!

The trail starts from the Horse Camp in Devil's Den, and is, in fact, a horse trail. It joins with the Vista Point trail and/or the BHT at times. The trail is well-marked and easy to follow.. except when it isn't. If I hadn't had the dog with me, I would definitely wandered a bit more. He knows exactly where he's going, though, and I had only a handful of frustrating/worrisome moments. The lack of leaves helped a lot, and you may want to consider this horses-only in the summer!

There's a map and description of the trail on the Devil's Den website. We ended up following the trail counter-clockwise (opposite the description), and I would recommend going this way. There are three natural bridges in the area, and Lees Creek is stunning, as are the views from the Holt Ridge Overlook. There are a few small caves to explore as well, and probably some more neat spots on the creek that we didn't get to.

NOTE: you will cross the creek 4 times. I would not try this in high water. Regardless, you're going to get your feet wet on at least two of the crossings.