Glory Hole Waterfall Trail

Glory Hole Waterfall Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Deer, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail in to the water fall is all down hill, so the hike out is all up hill. The trail starts out as an old jeep trail and turns into a narrow path. The water fall is unique in that the water has worn through the ledge and plummets through a round hole instead of over the ledge, thus the name Glory Hole. It is always best to hike in the spring or late fall when water is flowing. Please not to use extreme caution approaching the water fall from the top

9 minutes ago

This trail could quite be the definition of short and sweet, however it was a little confusing when we first started. The trail head was marked by a wood post that blends into the background so it’s really hard to spot from the road. Also keep to the right at the Warning sign. It is a bit of climb on the way back out but the pay out is well worth it. I plan on visiting this place over and over again

great place when water is b.c. running be ready for a strap all up hill climb on the way back. most people do it while canoeing buffalo river its pretty much flat that way

One of my favorites. Easy, short hike in to the falls. Beautiful views. Gets pretty rocky and uneven close to the falls. The hike out is mostly uphill.

Beautiful place. With watchful eyes we’ll bring our grandchildren soon. Trail is excellent. We went on around below the bluff line beyond Glory Hole. This added not only distance but the bluff line has a lot to offer the eyes. Nothing to not like-even get to take our dog ❤️

This was our first time hiking in the Ozarks and it was amazing, use the map on this site to get there because the parking is right on the side of the road, very limited maybe 8-10 cars which I thought would have been a lot of people but not crowded, there had been plenty of rain the days before our hike so the creeks were flowing and main attraction at the end was beautiful, plenty of above and below pics, the walk out is challenging but not to aggressive, well worth the drive

The trail and falls are great. One of the most heavily trafficked trails we've been on (65 and sunny on a Saturday in January), and a lot of really poor trail etiquette (smoking, dirt bikes). We will be back on less ideal conditions!

“In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins; not through strength, but through perseverance.”

I LOVED this hike and the miraculous feature waiting at the end of it. It was the perfect metaphor for a New Year’s Day hike when your resolution includes perseverance, tenacity and gumption.

If you like to use a stick to cross water I advise you to bring it. I left mine in the car and wished I had it.

We were there after a heavy rain and it was flowing incredibly well as were the feeder streams.

Wonderful moderate hike.

We began our new year (2019) hiking a few trails in Newton County, AR. The area had recently had rain, so the falls and streams were beautiful. Glory Hole was absolutely stunning with the water flowing like it was. We will be back.

Well Worth the messy wet hike!

Really beautiful! Nice, easy downhill to the falls.

very beautiful hike

Love this place! Can’t wait to go back!

Some idiots have made handprints all over the alcove

Beautiful hike and wonderful waterfalls

Loved it! Easy hike. Kids had a great time!

It is amazing what nature does. I was truly suprised when I saw this natural phenomenon!

Very unique place!!

Visited in the fall after a rain and thought the falls would be flowing a little bit better. But it was still a nice hike and cool sight to see.

Even after the rains, the water was just trickling but it is still worth the hike to see.

The water wasn't flowing but it still was an excellent trail. I'll be back.

Nice little hike. Just a trickle today, but probably incredible after some good rain.

Water fall was awesome and a beautiful trail to it

Amazing place

Fun, short hike.

Was great day for this out and back. All down hill to falls. Haha. Guess you know what that means??? Water was just trickling with week of past rain so not best time of year “summer’s end” but still well worth the 4 hour round trip.

loved the area, it would have been better in spring or fall but still beautiful. parking for this area is horrible, I rode a motorcycle there and it was difficult to get out of. a low car would also have trouble.

Should be the 8th wonder of the world!

More of a 4-wheeler trail...beautiful hollow with the falls

A little disappointing. There was hardly any water in the creeks so it wasn’t very impressive. It’s was neat just not as cool as I thought it would be. It’s super short and easy so I guess it’s worth a look.