Falls Branch Trail

Falls Branch Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Malvern: Take Exit #97 off I-30 at Malvern and travel 12 miles north on Arkansas Hwy. 171 to the park.

An excellent trail for beginners. We went when there was a freeze and got to enjoy some frozen waterfalls.

Loved hiking this trail, to the waterfall and my 2 year old did very well, with this trail!

Good hike but a little hard to follow in some spots during the fall when the ground is covered in fallen leaves.

Good trail but there were no flowing water, would try in a different season.

Great trail. Not what I’d classify as easy if you do the entire thing. Beautiful views and challenging enough to make it fun. Our dog loved it, too!

Good trail. Plenty of things to see. Allow an hour to enjoy.

Great trail to walk with the family. Nice for moderate exercise multiple times a week.

The trail was very easy to follow and very well marked! The waterfall was dried up this time of year but I think we will return as soon as we get enough rain to make it flow. Not really steep and pretty level. Would definitely return for this one again and probably combine all three loops into one hike.

It was great for a family with kids and pets!

Enjoyed this trail, though the waterfall was dry. I would do it again.

great hike awesome views along the way ..

Went with my 4 year old son. Was great!

Great hike with a pretty little waterfall. The only downside is the amount of trash around the waterfall.

I really enjoyed this trail. Well maintained with man made crossings. The trail has some steep sections but climbing is not required. Pause to enjoy the creek in both directions.

Pretty tough climb for he average hiker. Definitely not easy. Prepare for some serious rocks as you descend on the waterfall. Adventurous for sure!

Took my fur baby out today! It was amazing!!! I'm taking my kids next week!! It's not an easy trail so watch your step. But once you see the falls it's all worth it!!

Best hike in Lake Catherine State Park. Features a tight ravine, some interesting rock outcrops, a medium-sized waterfall, and views of Lake Catherine. Overall, a little of everything in only 1.7 miles. I would rate the difficulty as moderate rather than easy because of the trail's rockiness: some of the old stone steps are really deteriorating. Make sure you follow the red blazes: two other trails start at the same trailhead.

I rate trails based on mobility considerations. On the app, this trail was listed as "easy" but it was not. I think I can unpack where the discrepancy lies.

We arrived at the trail head and took the appropriate trail according to the sign (marked with the red blaze). The trail had very challenging rock formations, steps etc... It made footwork very labor intensive and we had to be very slow and deliberate as we were concerned about safety. One can expect some of this, but it was way more than what an easy rated trail should be.

Approximately 3/4ths of the way from the end, we hit the smooth easy path near the falls and the campgrounds. Clearly, this is what some consider the Falls Branch Trail. From what I can surmise, this is only a portion of the trail.

If you're considering this trail, it is a great trail but it is not easy nor would I recommend it for anybody with mobility or balance concerns.

Awesome time with the family. Went the 2 mile way. My 8year old loved it. Was easy with some rough areas. Just great site.

We loved this trail. The time by the creek and lake is just wonderful. My husband is a very experienced hiker and has hiked all over New Mexico, Colorado, and Montana. We agreed this should be ranked moderate rather than easy. Mostly because of all the places where it's hard to get footing. There's a few inclines, but nothing crazy. Also, I believe this trail is more like 2 miles rather than 1.6. We can't wait to do it again in the fall.