Falls Branch Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Malvern: Take Exit #97 off I-30 at Malvern and travel 12 miles north on Arkansas Hwy. 171 to the park.

Very pretty trail, watch your steps with rocks and stumps. Overall easy trail

Just after the rain! An excellent trail!

This is Lake Catherine State Park's most popular trail. I hiked it on September 15 thinking I'd have it to myself due to the high heat and humidity. Not to be. There were MANY people out and about on this trail. It was very beautiful and the creek waters were crystal clear! I loved this short hike immensely. The suspension bridge was fun and the falls were flowing. I saw a snake and lots of pretty things.

Wow! What a gorgeous hike! Prepare for protruding roots, steep rocks, and absolute beauty!

Really pretty, would be stunning in the fall with the color change. I don’t think I would have rated this as easy, there are some steep areas that you do have to watch your footing with. My parents, dog, and I enjoyed it and it got our heart rate up. The falls weren’t full at all but it hadn’t rained in a while.

Nice trail, completed Labor Day with my dog. There are a few challenging, rocky spots but not too bad. It is the most popular trail at the park, so quite a few people. The falls were pretty non existent due to no rain this summer but still a nice spot. If the falls are all you’re interested in, take a left at the trailhead and go clockwise- it’s much shorter.

We went mid-May and it was perfect! Beautiful trail and great for the entire family. The water was a bit cold to swim in, but that didn’t defer the kids!!

Some steep inclines and rocky climbs but great! Benches along the way right after long stretches are nice. The waterfall wasn’t running because it’s super hot and dry in July, but the water felt nice.

We didn’t get to see the fall which was disappointing but the trail it self was beautiful! We hike a lot and this trail was shorter than most but I would say it’s pretty moderate not easy. My dog loved the lake at the end!

fun trail, not alot of work. swam at the base of the fall.

Gorgeous trail and nicely shaded. Perfect for an easy outing. Probably my favorite trail of the weekend for its simplicity and beauty.

Kid friendly, great swimming place shallow rock in lake right below falls.
In summer, waterfall is not flowing, but still a nice hike with plenty to see.

Clearly marked and well kept trail. In a bit of a dry spell so the creek is very low, hardly any water flow on the hike to the falls. Barely-there waterfall but otherwise the scenery is beautiful! Just needs a good rain shower to get things flowing again.

We went over Memorial Day weekend and it was beautiful! The waterfall is gorgeous.

beautiful trail! I'm heavier set so it was a little hard for me.. don't let that differ you! so worth it in the end!! we went up the mountain and down it.. the water fall was amazing!

Trail itself was great. But i was really hoping for a full waterfall, maybe in the spring.

Beautiful!

Fantastic hiking trail and easy for older dogs. Went early and had the trail to ourself.

My son and I hiked this trail this weekend after almost 2 inches of rain the night before. The fall creek was high and moving. There was a lot of water on the trail and a few places where we had to cross the creek. Our feet were soaked. It was worth it. Overall an easy hike with great views.

LOVED this trail. The terrain was varied and interesting, walking most of the trail by the creek was perfect, and the waterfall was gorgeous. You even get to hike back on a bluff next to the lake. Perfect distance for families and dogs too. Would do this hike again for sure!

Absolutely beautiful scenery !!

This is a really fun shorter trail! It is a loop trail and there are areas that are steep and can be slick during/after rain, but this is the best time to see a good flow on the waterfall.
However, you can do an in & out hike from the campground to the waterfall that is very easy and would be good for kids.. supension bridge included!

Easy trail and beautiful waterfall!

An excellent trail for beginners. We went when there was a freeze and got to enjoy some frozen waterfalls.

Loved hiking this trail, to the waterfall and my 2 year old did very well, with this trail!

Good hike but a little hard to follow in some spots during the fall when the ground is covered in fallen leaves.

Good trail but there were no flowing water, would try in a different season.

Great trail. Not what I’d classify as easy if you do the entire thing. Beautiful views and challenging enough to make it fun. Our dog loved it, too!

Good trail. Plenty of things to see. Allow an hour to enjoy.