Falls Branch Trail

Falls Branch Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Malvern: Take Exit #97 off I-30 at Malvern and travel 12 miles north on Arkansas Hwy. 171 to the park.

great hike awesome views along the way ..

Went with my 4 year old son. Was great!

Great hike with a pretty little waterfall. The only downside is the amount of trash around the waterfall.

I really enjoyed this trail. Well maintained with man made crossings. The trail has some steep sections but climbing is not required. Pause to enjoy the creek in both directions.

Pretty tough climb for he average hiker. Definitely not easy. Prepare for some serious rocks as you descend on the waterfall. Adventurous for sure!

Took my fur baby out today! It was amazing!!! I'm taking my kids next week!! It's not an easy trail so watch your step. But once you see the falls it's all worth it!!

Best hike in Lake Catherine State Park. Features a tight ravine, some interesting rock outcrops, a medium-sized waterfall, and views of Lake Catherine. Overall, a little of everything in only 1.7 miles. I would rate the difficulty as moderate rather than easy because of the trail's rockiness: some of the old stone steps are really deteriorating. Make sure you follow the red blazes: two other trails start at the same trailhead.

I rate trails based on mobility considerations. On the app, this trail was listed as "easy" but it was not. I think I can unpack where the discrepancy lies.

We arrived at the trail head and took the appropriate trail according to the sign (marked with the red blaze). The trail had very challenging rock formations, steps etc... It made footwork very labor intensive and we had to be very slow and deliberate as we were concerned about safety. One can expect some of this, but it was way more than what an easy rated trail should be.

Approximately 3/4ths of the way from the end, we hit the smooth easy path near the falls and the campgrounds. Clearly, this is what some consider the Falls Branch Trail. From what I can surmise, this is only a portion of the trail.

If you're considering this trail, it is a great trail but it is not easy nor would I recommend it for anybody with mobility or balance concerns.