Falls Branch Trail is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 213 feet Route Type: Loop

The trail begins near the campground and winds through the pine/hardwood forest of the park, crossing Little Canyon Creek several times. It eventually leads to a seasonal scenic waterfall on Falls Creek and works its way back to the trailhead.

Great family friendly trail. There is one small stream crossing to deal with but perhaps this was flowing more than usual because if recent rains. The waterfall is well worth the hike. Don’t opt for the out and back side just to see the falls, the whole loop is spectacular.

bridge out

Beautiful trail through some rocky landscapes. It was mostly shaded. The big con was that the waterfall was so crowded. No social distancing possible near it at all. There are lots of opportunities available for playing in the waterfall or adjacent streams, but make sure you bring water shoes. It was rocky and painful at times to wade with my 3 year old.

The suspension bridge is out but other than that the trail was beautiful! You walk by a creek almost the whole time and there is a bigger waterfall toward the end! Would definitely recommend!!

Party of 6 from ages 4 to 72. We took the red trail and followed the creek. It was elevated and did require some time. Overall very family friendly, but busy. We went on a Sunday after heavy rains. Trail was lively and well marked.

Great trail. Our kids, ages 4/4/9 did well. They did need help in a couple of areas where there were wet or slick rocks to cross. They loved the waterfall. Be sure to bring water shoes or flip flops for the kids to use at the falls when walking on some jagged rocks.

Great trail. We took a 3yo and 5yo on the trail and did great, just needed hand holding on some steeper parts. Lots of little bridges which they enjoyed. The waterfall was beautiful but crowded.

bridge out

Nice trail, very slick in some spots when damp. My 3 year old and four year old needed help numerous times but still had alot of fun. Creek follows most of the trail, water falls closer to the end will a small pool. Camping and lake are within walking distance.

Beautiful scenery! Was a little busy through out but still gorgeous. It can get a little steep here and there and slippery on the wet rocks.

We have visited this trail 3-4 times now. It’s not super challenging, and the views get better the longer you hike. There is a great waterfall near the end of the trail, and a charming bench that overlooks the lake.

Took our 11, 8, and 5 year old. Awesome hike. There’s a brook next to you for the first half, a little more difficult terrain towards the middle. Cool waterfall towards the end. Kids loved it!

My favorite hike in Hot Springs! The waterfall was worth it! Wouldn’t mind doing it again!

bridge out

My first ever trail. We took the red trail, I believe it was moderate level. We went really late in the day so we were in a rush to get through before sundown, there’s a few areas that you had to be very careful around. It was very pretty after you get to the big waterfall the trail gets pretty easy to finish. The waterfall was beautiful & we will definitely be back when we have more time to sit there and enjoy it. I wouldn’t recommend children going on the red trail.

Great trail. The trail was very well kept, other than where they are currently working on some storm damage and bridge repair. It was an easy hike (red path) with beautiful creeks and “small waterfalls” along the way that ended with the larger waterfall. My kids (8, 7, 9 months) loved it. It was slightly crowded, but I expected it since COVID.

bridge out

Fav trail to date!! Kid friendly and love the waterfall!

There are three separate trails to get to this waterfall: white, red, and yellow. We took the red trail which is about 2.5ish miles and in some places difficult for small children. I had to carry my daughter a few times. Some climbing up/down rocks and uneven ground at some points. The white trail is the easiest, (off to the left as you come in,) however the red trail offers some pretty creeks to look at. Very pretty waterfall at the end regardless.

I loved this trail. It is a good one to go to after rain because most of the trail runs along running water. The main sight is a big waterfall going into the lake.

great trail with awesome fun at the waterfall!

Very very busy trail this time of year but everyone is very nice that we encountered.

Highly recommend this trail. Great for families of all ages!

such a beautiful little trail!! I loved it and it's very easy

Enjoyed with my 9 yo. Some wet spots, really need waterproof boots. Beautiful flowing waterfall due to the Recent Rainfall ! A great moderate to easy hike