Falls Branch Trail

Falls Branch Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Malvern: Take Exit #97 off I-30 at Malvern and travel 12 miles north on Arkansas Hwy. 171 to the park.

Pretty tough climb for he average hiker. Definitely not easy. Prepare for some serious rocks as you descend on the waterfall. Adventurous for sure!

Took my fur baby out today! It was amazing!!! I'm taking my kids next week!! It's not an easy trail so watch your step. But once you see the falls it's all worth it!!

Best hike in Lake Catherine State Park. Features a tight ravine, some interesting rock outcrops, a medium-sized waterfall, and views of Lake Catherine. Overall, a little of everything in only 1.7 miles. I would rate the difficulty as moderate rather than easy because of the trail's rockiness: some of the old stone steps are really deteriorating. Make sure you follow the red blazes: two other trails start at the same trailhead.

I rate trails based on mobility considerations. On the app, this trail was listed as "easy" but it was not. I think I can unpack where the discrepancy lies.

We arrived at the trail head and took the appropriate trail according to the sign (marked with the red blaze). The trail had very challenging rock formations, steps etc... It made footwork very labor intensive and we had to be very slow and deliberate as we were concerned about safety. One can expect some of this, but it was way more than what an easy rated trail should be.

Approximately 3/4ths of the way from the end, we hit the smooth easy path near the falls and the campgrounds. Clearly, this is what some consider the Falls Branch Trail. From what I can surmise, this is only a portion of the trail.

If you're considering this trail, it is a great trail but it is not easy nor would I recommend it for anybody with mobility or balance concerns.

Awesome time with the family. Went the 2 mile way. My 8year old loved it. Was easy with some rough areas. Just great site.

We loved this trail. The time by the creek and lake is just wonderful. My husband is a very experienced hiker and has hiked all over New Mexico, Colorado, and Montana. We agreed this should be ranked moderate rather than easy. Mostly because of all the places where it's hard to get footing. There's a few inclines, but nothing crazy. Also, I believe this trail is more like 2 miles rather than 1.6. We can't wait to do it again in the fall.

This is my new favorite trail. We went after a rain storm so the stream that you follow most of the way up was moving pretty well. The payoff is a really nice water fall that you can walk up to in knee deep water. Nice and rocky with some nice (but not to tall) cliffs.

great trail,

Lots of ppl - gorgeous creek, waterfall, & forest, but difficult to ever get out of ear shot of kids yelling