Eagle View Loop Trail

Eagle View Loop Trail is a 5 mile loop trail located near Lincoln, Arkansas. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Lots of nice bluffs and rocks. Well marked trail. Will definitely be back to do another loop and to kayak.

Really great hike. Trail clearly marked, beautiful scenery, what more can you ask

It's a beautiful hike. The rock formations are gorgeous and I enjoyed the variety of trail options.

If you want a trail that gives you a little bit of everything, this is it. The entire trail system is interconnected, and a great challenge for early hikers. I took a small army of teenagers, and they're clamoring to go back.

The rock formations are low and climbable, the trail is easily discernable and well marked, there are several caves that are reachable for the main trail, and the elevation changes are consistent but manageable, even for guys with arthritic knees (like me).

I'd definitely recommend this jaunt to anyone near enough to reach it.

How could someone not love Eagle View Loop? It offers some of the most beautiful views in the state.

Beautiful scenery, not too difficult for the dog and wife but not so simple as to be boring. Lots of wildlife and really cool rock formations.

nice views. wasn't terribly busy.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

This was probably one of my favorite hikes to date. The lake is really gorgeous, though don't plan to swim in it! The Eagle Loop, which is an off-shoot of the Lake Loop (the trail map here is actually of the Lake Loop) passes through large rock formations and winds back and forth near the lake, all on a flat, easy trail, and we did, indeed, see eagles.

The very well-marked Lake Loop takes you on the top of the bluff over-looking the lake (definitely take the short side-trail to the lake view overlook), as well as along the bluff line back in the woods, and even along the top of the dam. The terrain and vegetation vary greatly, and there's a lot of wildlife to see. I imagine that the views are spectacular during prime Autumn colors.
The city of Lincoln's website has a link to a map of the all the trails surrounding the lake.

Monday, August 29, 2016

this trail needs to be better marked with color coded interior trails... and the mountain bikers need tons Tay on there own trails, one stirred up a ground wasps nest shining our 8 yr old grand daughter and us several times. we will not be traveling back to this trail.......

Monday, August 29, 2016

the trails need to be color coded. some how we got on a lower loop and got turned around....all this after a mountain biker stired up a hornets nest in front of us and my granddaughter got multiple stings. we wont be goin back.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Nice trail for running especially during winter.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Great trail. Well marked, though very rocky.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Very well kept trail and clearly marked. Lake loop is 5 miles but there are several side loop options to extend the experience.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Pleasant find! This is our newest goal now; to make it around the whole lake! Great views, and clean/maintained trails! Hendrix The Hiking Dog had a great time!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Great trail! Highly recommend!

Monday, February 08, 2016

Great hike, great views and not many people. We had a small dog with us and it was a little too much for him, but nice easy hike for us. Dogs need to be kept on a leash because of bluffs. We will be back with the trees are green!

Sunday, November 08, 2015

This was a lovely hike. We had the dog with us and he did fine, although I did put him on the leash near the overlooks. My favorite part was deep in this Eagle Loop where there were large boulders and beautiful woods. It was worth sticking it out to get there. Would recommend to anyone in the Fayetteville area.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Kayaked the lake recently and it was pretty! A different perspective for sure

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

I have hiked these trails many times. In 1985 there were no trails. That was a tougher hike around the lake. Until they put the trails in, we used to camp, at the end of the road, south of the parking area.

Monday, May 04, 2015

Took the trail all the way around the lake. Great views. Loved all the boulders and rocks throughout.