Dutton Hollow Loop is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rogers, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 396 feet Route Type: Loop

Part of the Hidden Diversity Multi-Use Trail System accessed from Piney Road.

Well, my 13-yo and 10-yo boys loved this trail. My daughter (11) and I continue to be surprised at trails rated easy like this one as we are namely paved trail riders and find ourselves a little bit out of our comfort zone on these unpaved trails. Okay maybe a lot out! I’ve coined a new term: bike hike. My daughter bike hiked this trail, and after my bike got stuck between gears and wouldn’t pedal, I hiked my bike quite a lot also! 3/4 of us would go back. Trail appeared well-maintained; it’s pretty much entirely out of the sun; no steep ledges or drop offs that I recall, but plenty of “thrill” or challenge, especially for riders like me. We (3/4) felt alive after riding!

This is a popular trail for mountain bikers along with several others located here, so be prepared to share the trail. There are two parking lots and both were completely full today with the weather being very nice. The trail is easy to follow and well maintained. You won't see anything exciting on the trail as it is pretty much the same scenery the entire hike but it is still a nice walk in the woods. It is a relatively easy hike with a like elevation loss/gain but we saw small children doing it. If you are looking for something to escape walking the neighborhood but are a beginner this is a great place to start.

From a hikers perspective this is a popular well-maintained multi-use trail. The key here is "multi-use." You may see horses on the trail. You may see dogs on the trail. You will probably experience things they left behind. You will definitely see cyclists. Relax, they're overwhelmingly polite, but yeah, you'll have to move over for them. A great example of the many other trails in Hobbs, if you find yourself nearby with an hour or two to kill, Dutton is a fun little way to kill time. Scenery at the bottom of the loop, near the creek, is especially pretty.

Great trail. Well kept and easy to follow. Did it with two toddlers who walked/rode in a pack. Nice day out. Looks like a great singletrack for a quick loop with a couple lower grade climbs.

Pretty good one, i would rate it as moderate. well marked and kid friendly. only thing is horse riders dont clean their poop off the trail. but i would definitely come back with my bike.

Great trail. Well maintained. Just enough elevation change. Just long enough. Lots to see. Easy enough for the beginner to get in 4 miles. Trail is good for hikers, bikers, and horseback riders all. There are many trails in the area. This is the first we experienced. I hope they are all this good.

Great trail. Seen a lot of walking sticks. Insect kind. One big chicken snake. The trail is list as easy. I would list it as moderate.

I hit the trail in the late afternoon, no one had been on the trail since the morning so there were lots of spider webs and active spiders across the trail. I would estimate that I went through at least 50 webs (not an exaggeration) and those aren't counting the ones I avoided. It was still a nice hike just bring a stick.

Beautiful ride in the woods. Goes down along stream area. Lots of nice rock formations and a small cave. Was a nice cool ride

Great trail, well maintained. Lots of mushrooms out now.

I think this trail would be kind of monotonous for just hiking, but it is fabulous for mountain biking. Perfect ride for my intermediate skill level. The track was mostly nice and smooth and I ended up riding both this and the Bashore Ridge loop as they are right there together! The pines smelled wonderful!

Just a walk through the woods. Trail is well maintained. No overlooks or anything special, however.

Nice trail nothing special

Mon Mar 18 2019

Nice trail

Sat Mar 16 2019

Very nice spring day to explore the trail. Not a lot of people out. Signs of spring showing on the floor of the forest.

Sun Sep 16 2018

Nice hike .. well marked trails !

Sun Mar 26 2017

good trail. well marked. nice walk. definitely closer to 4 miles than 3. i wouldnt rate it as easy. views are not quite as spectacular as several other trails in the area tho.

Mon Oct 03 2016

Well-marked, easy trail. No spectacular features, although we did see Paw-Paws, and there's a neat variety of plant life. NOV 14: Just hiked this again today a month later. The fall colors are really nice, and fewer leaves means there's a hint of spectacular views to come. If you have time, hike the Dutton Loop and Bashore Ridge trails on the same day - you'll really be able to appreciate the contrast between the areas.

Sun Sep 04 2016

I really liked this easy trail. Well maintained and of course Hobbs always has great trailheads. But there is a firing range close by and that was really annoying. If you are looking for a peaceful hike this isn't it.

Thu Aug 04 2016

Again, this is by no means an easy trail!! It is 4.2 miles instead of 3, please reconsider the difficulty level of this trail!

Sat Jul 23 2016

This is not an EASY trail!! It ended up being 4.2 miles instead of 3. I loved every minute of it and the scenery is amazing, but if you are just starting out, this is NOT for you! The app creators really should reconsider the difficulty of this trail.

Mon Jul 11 2016

Enjoyed this hike very much and ran across some paw paws.

Mon Feb 22 2016

We did both the dutton and bashore loops for a total of 9 miles according to our various aps. It was a great day hike we did dutton first as it's the more difficult trail (though not hard) the bashore and had lunch on the benches by the lake then hiked back out started at 930 left the trailhead at 3pm it was a gorgeous day

Tue Jan 26 2016

Hiked on a chilly winter day. Lots of mossy areas that offered a nice green contrast to the typically dormant winter brown. From the trail head it took 1.5 hours at a brisk hike. I took the trail in a counterclockwise direction and once I got down into the "hollow" it was a bit of an uphill hike but it offered a great workout. No water to be seen on this trek. Encountered a few runners, folks on horseback and about 10 mountain cyclists. Always well maintained and marked.

Wed Oct 28 2015

A nice trail. I've hiked it several times

Fri Feb 08 2013

This loop trail is adjacent to Bayshore Loop, which is reviewed elsewhere. It shares the same access trail, and is pretty much an identical situation. The loop drops about 3 or 400 feet from the trailhead, traversing typical woodlands. It is well maintained, and takes about an hour to hike if you're pushing hard.