Dogwood Trail

Dogwood Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Huntsville, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

The Dogwood trail is a .75 mile out and back trail winds through the forested hillside and across several benches and ridges, and by some springs and seepages which provide water for the many ferns covering a shaded ravine.

A short but sweet little trail. It looks like there's a small waterfall during the wet season. This must be utterly gorgeous when the Dogwoods are in bloom. I'd recommend this as an extension of the War Eagle trail if you want to extend your exploration of the park a little.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Dogwoods were pretty and at peak bloom. Other than that it was nothing special.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

It was mid April 2016 when we hiked this trail. The trail was okay, but the best part was there were a number of wild flowers blooming. Also, ferns were starting to sprout and the Dogwood trees were in full bloom and they were everywhere. Quite beautiful and peaceful.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Originally went to hike the War Eagle Trail but decided to hike this one as well. I walked the trail in late March on a rainy day so everything was dead and wet. No beautiful views here, just a standard trail.

Monday, January 19, 2015

This trail was nice, however I would go during the spring or fall when the leaves start turning or blooming. It dies not have any breath taking views its just a nice nature trail. We started from parking, its a loop around we stayed to the right, there are inclines that will def work out those leg muscles but not too extreme you think you are puddy. However when you come to the road you have to stay along the creek bed and keep an eye out for the rest of the trail its not well marled at this part but just follow that creek bed.

Friday, December 13, 2013

This is a nice trail, but its pretty short. Try to go in early spring when the dogwoods are blooming! I suggest going to the visitor center, getting a map, and hiking all the trails, then it's a long enough hiking day. And I would give the combination another star or 2! There is a really nice trail down by the river.

Saturday, April 06, 2013

Thursday, February 07, 2013

It was a very nice trail. If you start from the parking area off of 23 then the first half of the hike is all down hill. But when you get to the bottom the trail is not well marked and so we did not find rest of it. So we turned around and went back the way we came. I think it will be even better in the spring when the dogwoods are in bloom.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

We camped overnight at Withrow SPrings state park on our way to another destination. Had a little time so took this short trail to stretch my legs. The trail was a short trail through the Ozark hill country. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was a nice peaceful hike.

Sunday, March 04, 2012