Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Crack in the Rock Trail

Crack in the Rock Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Van Buren, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Crack in the Rock trail is a 1.5 mile walk along parts of creek,through the woods to a bluff line with a nice crevass and moss covered rock formations

A fun trail with beautiful scenery. Make sure to keep an eye for the trail to the overlook I missed it the first few times I went out there.

Absolutely gorgeous. Will definitely return. Muddy, at the moment. I might have slipped, fallen, and ended the walk looking like a mud monster. Also, the tick armies are out in full force. Prepare. Don’t be like me. ;)

Great trail with beautiful scenery❤️

Great hike! even for beginners or fat people like me! lol. It had rained earlier in the week so yes, we had to dodge some water but had a blast doing it. Best part for me was getting to spend time with my youngest.

first time walking this trail. we will return. it was fun and easy for kids! we will bring our dog with us next time.

Trail was well marked in blue and well maintained. 7 and 5 year old kids led the way. It was a bit wet in some spots, but no one got muddy. Lots to explore along the way. The whole family enjoyed it.

Perfect for Cub Scouts !

Not bad if you're in the area. If the water fall is running this trail goes up a star for sure. Short easy hike for just about anyone. I've done it several times and it can get muddy.

Wonderful trail. Creek was flooded due to lots of rain, but waterfalls were running and beautiful due to this! Remember bug spray for sure!!!!

only complaint was that it was overgrown and chigger and tick infested but a good spray will take care of that.

Beautiful even if there was no water

Several Waterfalls and Whirlpools (am & med) all along Lee Creek Trail especially after a good rain. Water is Sea Green like the Buffalo River.

Beautiful hike but not worth the all day effort of picking ticks off my dog. Between my husband, my dog and myself we probably picked 30 + ticks off. It’s absolutely ridiculous even for Arkansas.

went right at the Y at crack in the trail is up hill and lots of bushes and ticks! still had a blast. 1st time hiking in years and I didnt die!

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Really easy hike and well marked trail

Friday, March 30, 2018

Great hike, even the wild animals were nice. An owl gave me advice on on how many licks to get to the center of my Tootsie Pop. It was wrong, but at least he talked to me, unlike my family, who suck.

Sunday, March 25, 2018

pretty easy trail with some neat sites. my kids loved it.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

great walk easy for me and my dog. although the hikes in Lee Creek park are smaller they have allot to be seen. good hike overall markers could be better.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Took the wife out to this hidden jewel today. Great trail, well marked and maintained. Strenuous in places but not bad. A couple of other trails run off of this one. Great area.

Monday, December 04, 2017

Nice trail, lots of rock formations and bluffs to explore. The Lee Creek park is closed for maintenance (Dec 2017) and the gate is locked. We had to park outside the gate and walk down to the trailhead.

Friday, December 01, 2017

This was a great day hike. Lots of cool scenery along the many trails. Well kept secret worth doing again.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Beautiful blue water!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

fun little trail.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Crack in Rock is a really nice hiking trail that takes about an hour to explore. It is not difficult to navigate and there are some very interesting and scenic sights along the way, including the large crevasse that gives the trail its name. There are some small crags to look over, and the creek that runs along part of the route is very pretty in spots. I wore shorts on this trek and wound up with some rash on my ankles and legs, but no ticks or other critters, as some have mentioned are common. Overall, this is a very enjoyable trail to explore.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The trail is a well maintained and well marked trail. Nice waterfall in wet season. The entrance gate has been closed for months, but you are allowed to park at the gate and walk to the trail head about .25 mile down the road.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Went after it rained and there were several waterfalls, so pretty! Was well kept and trails were easy to follow. Easy, short hike with great scenery!

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Went to it and the gate and trail was closed. Called the number and they couldn't tell me when it would open. Disappointing.