Crack in the Rock Trail

Crack in the Rock Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Van Buren, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Crack in the Rock trail is a 1.5 mile walk along parts of creek,through the woods to a bluff line with a nice crevass and moss covered rock formations

Beautiful even if there was no water

Several Waterfalls and Whirlpools (am & med) all along Lee Creek Trail especially after a good rain. Water is Sea Green like the Buffalo River.

Beautiful hike but not worth the all day effort of picking ticks off my dog. Between my husband, my dog and myself we probably picked 30 + ticks off. It’s absolutely ridiculous even for Arkansas.

went right at the Y at crack in the trail is up hill and lots of bushes and ticks! still had a blast. 1st time hiking in years and I didnt die!

Really easy hike and well marked trail

Great hike, even the wild animals were nice. An owl gave me advice on on how many licks to get to the center of my Tootsie Pop. It was wrong, but at least he talked to me, unlike my family, who suck.

pretty easy trail with some neat sites. my kids loved it.

great walk easy for me and my dog. although the hikes in Lee Creek park are smaller they have allot to be seen. good hike overall markers could be better.

Took the wife out to this hidden jewel today. Great trail, well marked and maintained. Strenuous in places but not bad. A couple of other trails run off of this one. Great area.

Nice trail, lots of rock formations and bluffs to explore. The Lee Creek park is closed for maintenance (Dec 2017) and the gate is locked. We had to park outside the gate and walk down to the trailhead.

This was a great day hike. Lots of cool scenery along the many trails. Well kept secret worth doing again.

Beautiful blue water!

fun little trail.

Crack in Rock is a really nice hiking trail that takes about an hour to explore. It is not difficult to navigate and there are some very interesting and scenic sights along the way, including the large crevasse that gives the trail its name. There are some small crags to look over, and the creek that runs along part of the route is very pretty in spots. I wore shorts on this trek and wound up with some rash on my ankles and legs, but no ticks or other critters, as some have mentioned are common. Overall, this is a very enjoyable trail to explore.

The trail is a well maintained and well marked trail. Nice waterfall in wet season. The entrance gate has been closed for months, but you are allowed to park at the gate and walk to the trail head about .25 mile down the road.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Went after it rained and there were several waterfalls, so pretty! Was well kept and trails were easy to follow. Easy, short hike with great scenery!

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Went to it and the gate and trail was closed. Called the number and they couldn't tell me when it would open. Disappointing.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

This is a wonderful hike, the only downfall is there are a few sections where you have to wade through tall grass during the summer months. The crack in rock is truly a special landmark.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Bring tick spray!!!

Monday, March 27, 2017

Beautiful trail. I am NOT a hiker but this trail was a great hike.

Monday, February 27, 2017

went to find it today and did not see Gelly Rd.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Beautiful, not too difficult hike. Would definately recommend going!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Doc and I hiked all three trails that start from this trailhead, and, while this isn't a super-challenging wilderness adventure, I believe this is some of the best AR offers. The Lee Creek Reservoir is easy to find and get to, and you can't miss the trailhead. The trails are easy to follow, easy enough for kids, but still fun for someone in good shape. You'll see a waterfall (in season), neat geological features, great views of the reservoir, and get some history in as well.

As one reviewer noted (sort of), there is an abundance of ticks, even in January. Spray up, and do a thorough check of all participants when you get home!

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Nice vista on Bodine Cemetery trail. Sparsely traveled. Paths were well marked for the most part.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Easy

Monday, August 22, 2016

SEED TICKS EVERYWHERE

Monday, August 22, 2016

Every time we go here we get covered in ticks. They don't take care of the trails. Will never go back there.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Easy trail. Beautiful view on top of the hill.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Had a great early morning hike with my dog. There are a few spots that were a little overgrown, but all in all an easy hike. Well marked, so I always knew where I was going and some amazing views and scenery. We will be back tk explore more.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The wife and I hiked it over the weekend and enjoyed the scenery.