Crack in the Rock Trail

moderate 142 reviews

Crack in the Rock Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Van Buren, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 177 feet Route Type: Loop

Located at Lee Creek reservoir, north of Van Buren, take exit hwy 59 north 1.1 miles to Old Uniontown rd, turn left, go 1.5 miles and turn left on Pine Hollow rd., go 1.9 miltes and turn left on Gelly rd. (Church on corner) go .7 miles to parking lot. Trail head is on NW corner of the parking lot.

I enjoyed the trails (Homestead, Cemetery & Crack in the Rock) here. Crack in the Rock Trail was washed out in some places, but manageable. Enough diversity (views, water & bluffs) to keep the hike interesting.

Started out on the Homestead trail and water was a bit high for me to cross. Detoured to Crack in the Rock trail and was thrilled to see so mant waterfalls along the way. The trail on the way back was still muddy, but not to bad. added in the cemetery loop for a little more distance.

Very pretty, well marked, trail was a little muddy. Don’t use the bathrooms here

fun. very pretty. a lot of people, yet not crowded. fairly easy hike. crossing over the creeks was not hard.

great area

rocks to mark the trails and colored tabs on the trees. a few moderate slopes but nothing very hard. the steam was running good and tons of things to keep yours eyes busy.

Was that an amazing trail but at the end you actually couldn’t get to the damn you could only see the damn from about a mile away and when we got to the end of the trail you had to leave around and it looked like there was a little trail part but it was all grassy and yeah also one other thing that I really liked about it was the buzzardsWe’re right above our heads when we were walking it was so cool

Great trail 25 minutes from fort smith . Pet and kid friendly . I would definitely say this is more on the leisurely side .

Pleasant walk, not too hard, not too easy, beautiful scenery, lots of spiders and just one snake.

Such an amazing trail! Not too far from Fort Smith and easily accessed. This trail is relatively easy and very well maintained. BE WARNED however to wear bug spray! Ticks and chiggers are present in high amounts. I do not recommend taking dogs because of this, unless in winter time. Pictures do not do this place justice. It is definitely a must see!

Fun

We took cemetery loop first, then crack in the rock. We did see a small waterfall but couldn't get close. It was a bit hot to take on Homestead today (90°) and way humid. The end of the trail was very muddy (decent rain yesterday morning). Great trail system and close to home! We will definitely be back later in the fall. Watch out for spiderwebs!! And be sure to wear bug spray.

Not a mountain bike trail - unless you like tons of roots, loose rocks and undergrowth. Would probably be a nice day hike but has no flow for a mountain bike - although some people ride it anyway.

I would recommend this trail only for adults, looks like this is not a famous faced lots of hurdles in cleaning spider webs. Not advisable not go on a rainy day.

A fun trail with beautiful scenery. Make sure to keep an eye for the trail to the overlook I missed it the first few times I went out there.

Absolutely gorgeous. Will definitely return. Muddy, at the moment. I might have slipped, fallen, and ended the walk looking like a mud monster. Also, the tick armies are out in full force. Prepare. Don’t be like me. ;)

Great trail with beautiful scenery❤️

Great hike! even for beginners or fat people like me! lol. It had rained earlier in the week so yes, we had to dodge some water but had a blast doing it. Best part for me was getting to spend time with my youngest.