Cedar Falls Trail

Cedar Falls Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Morrilton, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Morrilton: Travel nine miles south on Arkansas Hwy. 9, then go 12 miles west on Arkansas Hwy. 154 until you reach the park.

Very fun and warm afternoon. The hike is mostly shaded with a very well maintained and well marked trail. The trail is moderate but may be hard for anyone with knee issues as a lot of the trail consists of rock making a staircase.
The trail starts at Mather Lodge, we parked in the parking lot, used the nice bathrooms in the lodge and then started the hike. We did take an offshoot trail marked bear caves which extended the hike a bit. It took us one hour to get to the falls and back. There are nice rocks by the falls to have a picnic or rest for awhile.
We didn’t see any snakes but when we got back to the trailhead a woman spotted a snake and screamed, we were happy to be done with the trail at that point.

I drove down from Memphis in hopes of getting close to the waterfall. I was led to a trail start that overlooked a valley where I could only hear the waterfall, but there was no visible way down to get close to the fall. I heard what sounded like people below who were possibly hiking to the fall, but no one seemed to know how to get to where they were. I was quite disappointed. I saved up and planned for this trip and saw nothing related to a waterfall.

I did this hike with my 11yr old son and we really enjoyed it. The trail is nice and shaded for the most part. The highlight is obviously the waterfall and even though it wasn't gushing, it was still beautiful. We spent some time just enjoying that area and taking pics before returning. Be prepared to scramble over some large rocks if you want to get closer to the waterfall. The return is steep at the end as you travel up several switch backs to get back to the lodge where the trail begins. It was steep but not that bad for us. I think we stopped maybe once for a drink of water. I could see it being more troublesome for people with knee or other joint issues. The hike took us a total of 1.5 hours including time hanging out at the waterfall. Great hike and I would love to return sometime after some rain.

As everyone said. The waterfall is gorgeous. The stairs back up are brutal.

Great view of waterfall! The walk down is easy. However, on the trip back up the last part will get your heart pumping!

Love this trail! Waterfalls and trail is along the creek. We took 4 small children and they enjoyed it. Kid friendly.

My husband and I are in our mid-60’s and enjoyed this trail immensely. It was in the 90’s but we brought lots of fluids. Many people. We will hike this trail again. Took about 2 hours for 2.5 mile trek taking our time.

Beautiful falls

Awesome trail, beautiful forested trail along Creek. , lots of big rocks and spectacular waterfall in natural rock amphitheater. Definitely worth the hike and mid-May was perfect time to see the falls at their best.

it was good going down the trail through the lodge. but coming up it almost killed me.

A great hike with amazing scenery

It was a very busy trial, try to avoid during the weekends. Had a beautiful waterfall though!

Getting to the falls is a beautiful stroll. Hanging out among the falls and trees are magical and a great green rest. The last 500 ft back up at the end of the trail is the hardest part.

Great trail! Definitely worth the hike.

Excellent trail. The 95 ft waterfall puts an exclamation point on the hike.

The way back up is pretty tough but the view is well worth it!

Great afternoon hike for the family.

Great hike

Great hike even with 4 kids 10,8,4&4. Be sure to wear good shoes as the first part is steep with a lot of rocks. water in spring time made for slick rocks it where easy work for active kids

Amazing waterfall is always running and beautiful hike! Recommended!

We loved this trail! We went in the winter so we had the whole trail to ourselves and the waterfall was beautiful! You hike down to the waterfall, so the most strenuous part is the hike back. We will definitely go again!

Beautiful falls but a lot of people after the rains.

Treacherous, challenging esp after a rain but the destination was worth it! Dont forget to hike all the way to “behind” the waterfalls

Breathtaking view!

Love this trail....been going to it since I was a kid it’s always beautiful no matter what time of the year

The waterfall was worth it. Along with a 4 year old.

Great short hike to a wonderful 60ft waterfall.

The waterfall and pool at the end are definitely worth the trip. It wasn't too hard of a trail there were kids and a few able-bodied older people. The dog managed it fine. Be sure and drive to the overlook as well to get a birds-eye view.

Nice destination hike with a beautiful waterfall at the end.

always a favorite