Cedar Falls Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Morrilton, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Morrilton: Travel nine miles south on Arkansas Hwy. 9, then go 12 miles west on Arkansas Hwy. 154 until you reach the park.

This trail was very busy, lots of leashed dogs, but totally worth it and all very courteous hikers.

The trail was rewarding especially when you get to see a beautiful waterfall. It was a lot of fun!

Nice trail. Better after a heavy rain.

Absolutely stunning , crisp morning air a perfect day for hiking Nov. 3 2018

we went in the evening, trail had very few people on it. it was a beautiful sight. can't wait to return to stay at the lodge and adventure out on more trails.

Just a really nice rewarding hike. All around good

This was by far the best hike I have ever completed. We don’t have much hiking near my home (Memphis, TN) so this was an incredible find for me and my friend. The hike back up the switchbacks was tough, but we were expecting it. I would highly recommend pushing yourself further to make it around to the backside of the waterfall. I can’t wait to do this hike again next year!

This trail was amazing! It was a little scary starting out because it’s downhill on rocks and they were slick. I’m also afraid of heights a bit ! Climbing those same rocks on the way back was taxing. It was a humid day and around 80 degrees but thankfully cloudy. The hike is absolutely worth it..the falls were flowing on our hike. You can check the falls at the overlook if you would rather not be disappointed with the falls. I’ve read depending on rain it can be just a trickle. This hike is only 2 miles but harder than 4.5. Mile seven hollows which is also a cool hike. Our dogs loved both and handled both great!

We are in our mid 60s and after a day of rain this was a little challenging . Made it half way down the rocky inclines and decided to turn around . It was beautiful . Our children who had a 2 year old and a 8 wks old easily treaked them down the slippery slopes . Later we found their was a lookout point over the waterfalls down the road a bit . I think it would have been more maneuverable when not wet .It was a beautiful . Lots of dogs on leashes .

Went after a couple of days of rain, the rocks were slippery and there was water covering a good portion of the trail.

Great hike and probably pretty challenging for beginners. The falls are worth it though!

I have done this trail several times. It is really easy going down, but a little strenuous on the way back up.

LEGENDARY hike! Running trails, waterfalls, bridges, rock climbing, exploring... Its got it all!

Great hike! Beautiful, following stream and end at waterfall. I would say it's between easy and moderate for a seasoned hiker. Lots of rocks so watch your footing. Total round trip time was 1 hour.

very beautiful very fun hike

amazing few. deffiniately not an easy trail. take your time, bring lots of water, and maybe an extra bottle for someone already ng the way

Very fun and warm afternoon. The hike is mostly shaded with a very well maintained and well marked trail. The trail is moderate but may be hard for anyone with knee issues as a lot of the trail consists of rock making a staircase.
The trail starts at Mather Lodge, we parked in the parking lot, used the nice bathrooms in the lodge and then started the hike. We did take an offshoot trail marked bear caves which extended the hike a bit. It took us one hour to get to the falls and back. There are nice rocks by the falls to have a picnic or rest for awhile.
We didn’t see any snakes but when we got back to the trailhead a woman spotted a snake and screamed, we were happy to be done with the trail at that point.

I drove down from Memphis in hopes of getting close to the waterfall. I was led to a trail start that overlooked a valley where I could only hear the waterfall, but there was no visible way down to get close to the fall. I heard what sounded like people below who were possibly hiking to the fall, but no one seemed to know how to get to where they were. I was quite disappointed. I saved up and planned for this trip and saw nothing related to a waterfall.

I did this hike with my 11yr old son and we really enjoyed it. The trail is nice and shaded for the most part. The highlight is obviously the waterfall and even though it wasn't gushing, it was still beautiful. We spent some time just enjoying that area and taking pics before returning. Be prepared to scramble over some large rocks if you want to get closer to the waterfall. The return is steep at the end as you travel up several switch backs to get back to the lodge where the trail begins. It was steep but not that bad for us. I think we stopped maybe once for a drink of water. I could see it being more troublesome for people with knee or other joint issues. The hike took us a total of 1.5 hours including time hanging out at the waterfall. Great hike and I would love to return sometime after some rain.

As everyone said. The waterfall is gorgeous. The stairs back up are brutal.

Great view of waterfall! The walk down is easy. However, on the trip back up the last part will get your heart pumping!

Love this trail! Waterfalls and trail is along the creek. We took 4 small children and they enjoyed it. Kid friendly.

My husband and I are in our mid-60’s and enjoyed this trail immensely. It was in the 90’s but we brought lots of fluids. Many people. We will hike this trail again. Took about 2 hours for 2.5 mile trek taking our time.

Beautiful falls

Awesome trail, beautiful forested trail along Creek. , lots of big rocks and spectacular waterfall in natural rock amphitheater. Definitely worth the hike and mid-May was perfect time to see the falls at their best.

it was good going down the trail through the lodge. but coming up it almost killed me.

A great hike with amazing scenery

It was a very busy trial, try to avoid during the weekends. Had a beautiful waterfall though!

Getting to the falls is a beautiful stroll. Hanging out among the falls and trees are magical and a great green rest. The last 500 ft back up at the end of the trail is the hardest part.

Great trail! Definitely worth the hike.