Cedar Creek Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Morrilton, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 206 feet Route Type: Loop

Cedar Creek loop trail begins at a historic log cabin before descending to a scenic section of Cedar Creek above Cedar Falls. The trail was constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the early 1930's, this trail's rock steps and bluffs create a few difficult places, but very scenic.

This is the most beautiful trail with many waterfalls and rock formations. We went on a day after a big rain and the water was moving quickly. Wear good shoes and take a hiking pole because the rocks are slippery. It isn’t an easy hike but so worth it.

great trail, hiked more than once for Cedar Creek and water falls

I felt like I had done every trail on petit jean but hadn’t done this one! So beautiful. I took my kid sister and it was super kid friendly. Good trail to hike with dogs. The creek is so much more beautiful than I expected. 10/10!

beautiful scenery, nice waterfall, bubbling brook, very serene. hiked with 2 children, 5 yrs old did well

Great trail even for a 500lb fat man. Beautiful bridge!!!

Beautiful trail. Overall wasn’t too difficult but did have some steeper areas where I had to be careful with my footing. Was able to do it without resting - just occasional stops for pictures and to take in the surroundings. If possible hiking shoes and poles would be helpful as some of the rocks are very slick due to moisture. Not too long but not too short.

We have done this one several times now. We keep going back because we love it!

BEAUTIFUL trail!!!

This so far has been my favorite trail at Petit Jean state park. Due to recent rains, there were so many beautiful waterfalls.

4 stars for scenery but 3 stars for steep/rocky areas Hiking poles helpful

Very steep steps but worth it!

This was our first trail at Petit Jean and it was one of our favorites. So scenic and beautiful bridges to take pictures near. We found that it was a pretty easy trail. We would definitely do this one again. The creek was beautiful. Highly recommended. We went in the afternoon , so the trail wasn’t crowded. It was drizzling rain, but the overcast skies made for some excellent photos!

Great trail and very scenic. It's a bit harder than I anticipated but still doable.

A short but very scenic trail. Blazed clearly. Lots of rocky surfaces, mostly when going up or down steeper inclines, which can be slippery when wet.

This is a beautiful trail but not well marked in places. I took a side trail to Indian Rockhouse where the trail seems to separate for a while into two parallel trails. I took one in and one back. Both had their charms, but I was concerned about whether or not I had accidentally left the trail. One the creek trail there are two bridges. The second one has a trail continuing away from the bridge. It wasn't immediately obvious if I needed to cross the bridge or continue along the creek. I got my phone out to check. You do need to cross the bridge. The other trail leads to the visitors center. There are a lot of rock formation making the trail spectacular, but it could be marked better.

July 2019 Loved it!

I walked this trail last week. It was awesome. I went early to beat the heat but cleared all the spider webs for later hikers . Loved the trail very pretty landscapes and well shaded

Not busy at 8:30am, Monday after Father's Day. Definitely rocky, lots of leaf debris made for some iffy footing, but not too problematic. Good outdoor/hiking shoes are a must, walking sticks are a good idea but not absolutely necessary, and pace yourself on the climb back up! Overall very enjoyable, shaded, and well worth the foot work.

The log cabin at the beginning of this trail is something you should not bypass. The family there had a slew of children and they all lived in that small cabin. Can you imagine what it was like to share such a small space like that with your family?! I say they were pretty hardcore back then, plus they had a nice creek running in their backyard and tons of places for their children to play. Now for the trail! Okay, so this trail was fun, but I wasn't too fond of the fishy smell from the stagnant water in some areas. My husband and three children, on the other hand, seemed to love this trail, no problem. There were plenty of sticks to be picked up, rocky crevices to explore and animals to see. We even noticed a small "cave" at the beginning of the trail that could be easily climbed into, if you had the time. There were even wooden bridges to walk over and my eldest son thought it would be fun to jump on one I was crossing and make me pray it would not give way...which, of course, was all in my head. It was sturdy, except one bridge did have a wobbly rail, which was marked with a pink tie for repairs, I assume. I did enjoy the areas that ended up close to the creek, which was running fast and high from the abundance of rain we have had this year. There was even a nice area I want to go back to that was perfect for having a picnic by the creek. It is this area with a bunch of boulders that sort of overhangs the creek. Another neat area, was this rock "cave" area, minus the many spiders and tiny flies. My husband and eldest boy ventured onto some boulders nearby that went into the creek. So, if you are free of small children, I suggest you go have some fun! At the end of what I dubbed the never ending trail of fishiness, we came across a Speckled King snake chilling on some rocks by a tree. I thought that was the highlight of this trail and thankfully it ended right back at the old cabin and we ventured back home. I would, for sure, do this hike again, but next time I will go during the fall, when it is cooler. It was after all, a fun trail, minus a few hiccups. "Bring lots of water in the summer and bug spray."

Neat fun trail! Did it with my 5 and 7 yr old! 7 year old did it easy, 5 yr old got a little tired after doing 2 trails prior to this one! Lol

Wed May 29 2019

We added onto this trail but it was very pretty and what I consider easy! My three year old did it no problem but some places were tricky/dangerous for her. Very neat rock formations and follows the water!

Thu May 23 2019

Great hike.

Sun May 12 2019

Hiked this yesterday, and was surprised how much I enjoyed this trail. The creek and it’s feeders were really flowing with the recent rains! I had to be very careful when going off trail as the rocks and boulders were extremely slippery. I would recommend this trail!

Wed Apr 10 2019

Trail for entire family, pet friendly!

Fri Apr 05 2019

We love this trail, so beautiful views, what I like the most is to hike right by the creek.

Sat Mar 30 2019

We loved this trail! So many small waterfalls along the way. Two bridges and walking along water almost the whole trail. The scenery is wonderful. Loved this trail and will definitely go back.