Caddo Bend Trail is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mountain Pine, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 485 feet Route Type: Loop

Directions from Hot Springs: Travel three miles west on U.S. 270, then go 12 miles north on Arkansas Hwy. 227 to the park.

Beautiful views and plentiful wildlife. Mile 1.5-2.0 is pretty rocky. Great trail.

Beautiful trail! Gorgeous views of Lake Ouachita and our great state!

Trail was well marked and clear. Family of 6 with 4 year old and 10 year old had no problems. Enjoyed the hike and views of lakes.

This was such a pleasant trail. I was there at 9am and had the place to myself. My dogs absolutely loved it and they were able to swim in the lake as well. It’s the perfect amount of hilly. Just as you start to breathe a little harder it levels out and continues up and down throughout the trail but nothing crazy. Will definitely be going back.

Great 4 mile loop. Nice views and pretty woods. Several places to swim, wade, or rest and enjoy the views. There were lots of benches along the way too. The trail was hilly but not too much. Good workout. We saw deer and butterflies.

We enjoyed this trail! Had some amazing views of the lake! Has a spot about half way you can walk out on the rocks and put your feet in the water! Also saw a lot of deer!

I would say this is more of a hard trail, not super hard but it gets rough at times. Bring more than enough water!!! We ran out of water half way through & it was terrible. It was a great hike with amazing views just some pretty steep hills & the path gets very narrow at times. There’s a few places a little past the 2 mile mark where you can cut off and get down to the lake to swim if it was more warm.

Beautiful trail! Gorgeous view of the lake! I would say this is mire if a moderate to hard hike! But we were carrying 2 kids in in packs we will definitely do this one again!

Such a beautiful trail. Great Lake views & well kept. Took my 9 year old and she did great! She really enjoyed seeing deer.

Great hike.. Beautiful! The water was crystal clear and the dogs loved it. Took about 2.5 hours to complete after stopping to let dogs swim.

One of the best hikes I’ve done in Arkansas. Lots of great single track with excellent views of the lake. Back side is just as great with thick green forest. Great 5 mile loop

Shady path along the lake. Some parts are rocky and very steep but overall a beautiful walk. There’s a nice spot that you could probably swim at if it were summer time.

This was an absolutely beautiful trail! You can see the lake basically the whole time, and while it is a bit hilly in areas, it provides spectacular views of beautiful blue water! There are some great spots to stop for a swim towards the beginning of the hike also :) it’s an extremely well marked trail, with fun informational signs along the trail. Overall an extremely charming and peaceful trail.

Enjoyable trail. Took the whole family and our dog (on a leash). Great views throughout and saw surprisingly few people considering how many cars were there. For those hiking this while practicing “social distancing” due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you should have no issues keeping your distance from others. Most places are wide enough to either pass someone or let them pass you.

Beautiful trail that is not lacking amazing views. You can see the lake roughly 80% of the trail. Amazing rock formations on the north end of peninsula that seem to go on forever. Not a very crowded trail and is wide enough in most areas to walk 2 or 3 people side by side. Highly recommend this trail I know I will be returning here.

Wonderful day hike if you’re coming from LR!

Completed this today on Super Bowl Sunday! Great trail! Lots of great views!

Loved this hike. We were the only ones on the trail. Beautiful views - we felt like we were in the PNW. It was starting to get dark, so we took the maintenance road back to our car.

Awesome views

Completed in 1 hr and 45 min. First 2 miles were the most difficult but also offered the best views. Well marked.

A bit more strenuous than I was expecting, but we were able to easily complete the trail in 2 hours (even with stops). As with most Arkansas State Park Trails, it is very well marked all the way through. This is a great trail!

If you will just plan your trip as if you were going to Lake Ouachita State Park, Three Sisters area, the trail head is less than a half mile from the Visitor's Center. The trail is in good shape but some parts are quite rugged. Rolling terrain, up and down.

Great trail- heavily wooded. We were 7 people who hiked the trail on November 30th, 2019. It took us 3 hours including the rest time and the time we spend for taking pictures.

It would definitely be tough to get lost on this trail...it was VERY well marked. Construction still going on, can be heard near the beginning and end of the trail. Nice views of the lake...several places to get water or take a dip. A lot of up and down on this trail, but nicely maintained and several benches along the way.

This was a great trail for nice views, good terrain and elevation changes. We brought our dogs who navigated the rocky surfaces better than those of us on two legs. Stop by the visitor center near the trailhead for information on the area and geology. The views throughout the hike are terrific.

Just came back from the trail - met absolutely no one there, but this being fall and a Monday, it’s probably not always like that. Trail with a great length, easily done in an hour, hour and a half, but views are there to be taken in, so two hours seems like an ideal amount of time. Lots of beautiful trees, rocks covered ein yellow moss and great access to the lake. Some parts best with hiking/trail shoes, but regular sneaks will do just fine.

My wife, our dog, and I loved this hike! It was nice to be near the water. It was cloudy, but we still had great views. We did it in a little under 2 hours.

This was a beautiful hike! So pretty! There are plenty of times you can easily get off trail and get right up on the water. The only thing I didn’t like was from mile 0.5 to mile 1 there is a lot of construction which ruins the ambiance of the nature hike. Mile 2.5 to mile 3 was super rocky but I was a huge fan of the difficulty! I would 100% do this hike again.