1925 feet

cave

Made the trek down from Wisconsin to try some different terrain. Not being from the area, did quite a bit of reading of others reviews which were helpful. So my significant other and I did the trail twice in two different days. The first day we went counterclockwise and we ended up completing the 15 mile loop in 6 hours and 20 minutes. The trail is well defined with blue diamond markers, so getting lost is pretty difficult. Going thus direction, you are bound to see multiple ppl as everyone seems to go clockwise. Trails are wide enough however to pass comfortably. Ended up climbing about 1900 ft in elevation and descending down about the same. At about mile 2 you start to climb for close to a mile until it tapers off. It is up and down the remainder of the trail until about mile 12 when you cross the road, from there it is downhill for about 2 miles which can be tough on the knees. When we hiked it clockwise, it was 15 miles again and we pushed ourselves to complete it in 5.5 hours. Same information as above only opposite. Overall it was a nice trip. Friendly people alomg the way. Only gripe is all of the horse droppings. Also, thankfully no spiders this time of the year which I was thankful for!