Bridal Veil Falls is a 0.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Heber Springs, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.5 miles Elevation Gain: 75 feet Route Type: Loop

Maintained by the Heber Springs Parks Department. Has an overlook to the falls and paths to the falls. The path to the falls requires small amount of rock hopping & steep stepping, so not for everyone. Good parking area with a few picnic tables. Starts with an easy steps down to the falls overlook & then you go to the fairly maintained path that becomes pretty steep along the creek to the base of the falls. Very pretty place. There is actually another very nice falls close by. From the parking area walk north to go to the bottom of the falls or northwest o reach the top. Technically, this is Bridal Veil Falls and the aforementioned is Cornelius Falls however, the name swap has been largely accepted and even written in stone (plaque at trailhead).

Pretty once you get there but very unmarked and not easy to navigate

We went down one way and came back up another. Muddy in spots, narrow unmarked trail but not a bad hike because it’s short. Enjoyed a picnic at one of the tables there too

Took a group of kids 10-7 yrs old and it was fun! Wouldn’t recommend for anyone not sure footed bc of steep areas and rocky areas.

We LOVE it here. We took the family with small kids and a baby in a carrier and it was a pretty easy hike to get to the bottom of the waterfall and beautiful. There is a second waterfall which is harder to get to. We tried but ended up at the top of it instead of the bottom. Still a really good time!

The water falls are nice, the trail not so much. It’s a heavily hiked area and there’s no markings for the trail so it’s very easy to get off the official trail on a side trail. You can’t tell when you’re at the end of the trail. It would be nice if the trails Were marked.

Short trail, waterfall is beautiful after a nice rain. Tends to not be flowing mid summer.

This was amazing! We had such a blast! I wouldn’t really recommend bringing the little ones as the trail down to the main fall is VERY steep but if your only taking them to the overlook it’s a short walk from the parking lot to a nice wooden deck overlooking the waterfall! Definitely a must see these pictures just don’t do it justice!

Great family experience! Our 12 year old daughter and 6 year old son loved the adventure. I did get nervous over several areas due to the trail being narrow and steep. There are no ropes or railings. In some areas, one misstep could be very treacherous. I would avoid going after a heavy rain due to mud and steepness. Overall, the trail was very doable. The falls were absolutely beautiful! The water is cold and clear. A definite revisit will be in our future.

The path was difficult to follow and extremely narrow! I would not suggest taking young kids. I had my 11 month in the backpack and my 3 year old needed a lot of help. I would say it’s for older kids. The water was flowing nicely but there was poison ivy EVERYWHERE and with a narrow trail it’s hard to keep out of it!

Beautiful falls!

Great family trail. Kids really enjoyed it and it wasn’t hard for them (10 & 7). My husband strapped our baby to his back with the baby carrier and was able to go up and down the trails just fine. Waterfall was flowing nicely. It was a beautiful adventure!

Very nice area. Loved the two. The falls were flowing GREAT! Many rocks to play on. Many areas to explore. If you are in this area, definitely do this hike.

Came across this trail from the app. Good short hike. Two waterfalls were flowing good. Good rock formations to explore

Trail is hard to follow this time of year, but beautiful falls! Quick and easy.

Yesterday I visited Bridal Veil Falls. It was running very nicely. I love the cascades above this fall, they are some of the nicest in the state.

There is an easy or hard part. Accidentally took my dog down the hard trail. Still beautiful though!

i got to see these falls 1-30-2019. i thought both falls were great just enough water and ice to make the falls look pretty. just what i was hoping for. don't miss the cascades at the top of both falls because they are just as gorgeous. so if you want to double your pleasure these is the prefect spot to see 2 kinds of falls, fan and plunge

This is a very steep but quick little hike. My kids really enjoyed it and the waterfall after a rain is very neat.

Mon Jun 03 2019

The trail down to the base of the falls is a little steep and the path narrow at times, so not good for kids or flip flops! But a short hike down is absolutely worth the amazing view. We first hiked over the the top of falls, then down to the base. We went around 9 AM on a Saturday and were the only ones there until about 10 AM. The overlook is easy to get to and is amazing if you aren’t interested in the hiking.

Sun May 26 2019

Arrived at 10 am on a Sunday and there were only a couple other people there. The hike down to the falls is quite steep and rocky. Not the best for young children or anyone in improper footwear. It’s short and sweet but the Falls is beautiful and the creek above and below are fun to follow for a ways.

Tue May 21 2019

Bridal Veil Falls... Absolutely amazing... Stunning! Easy hike and short distance from the parking lot... Kid friendly!

Sun May 12 2019

I celebrated Mother's Day here with my children and husband. The hike to the overlook was kid friendly, with the help of adults for my youngest. It was a bit slick from a previous rain, but nothing I would deem dangerous. You just have to watch your step and definitely keep an eye on your small children, when you get to the look out point to view the falls. Looking down from the viewing point is a great photo opportunity for nature enthusiasts, who aren't afraid of heights. The amount of rain we have had lately made Bridal Veil falls worth seeing! To the right of the overlook(if you're standing, looking straight ahead,) there is a dirt path that leads to some beautiful scenery and where children can stick their feet in cold water. Just make sure to watch out for slippery areas. To the left there are more trails leading down to the bottom of the falls and I don't think it would be wise to go down without proper hiking shoes or to take young children down, who are toddler aged. It looked pretty steep and slippery/muddy, when we looked for a way down. Note: Go after it rains or you won't see much of anything and bring proper shoes to trek down to the bottom of the falls, without small children in tow. The trek down is best suited for adults in fairly good shape and older children. Update: I took my mom here with the rest of my family on July 2, 2019 and we found the trail near the edge of the falls that is really easy to trek down. To find it, just take the path right of the look out and cross over where the water runs through, but watch out because the rocks are slippery. There you will find a trail that goes down to the falls. We were able to take two toddlers down easily, but definitely had to watch them, because it is a narrow trail with some rugged parts to it. I would caution going down when it has been raining or there is a stronger current of water running. Of course, there wasn't much of Bridal Veil Falls to see, but the cool water at the bottom was nice for everyone to wade through and we tried to catch crayfish that were chilling out underwater on the rocks. Do watch out for glass shards! They were near the large tree that has fallen down. I would suggest wearing water shoes to prevent any accidents.

Mon May 06 2019

This is a beautiful place to visit and I would say that there is one particular place that is not “easy.” It is going down between the big rocks with a steep climb down with slippery moss and mud. I broke my leg there yesterday. I will go back in a couple of months and finish the hike. Just don’t go when it’s wet from a downpour of a storm. .

Sat May 04 2019

Nice waterfalls! The trail can be slippery when wet but the views are worth the short hike to the waterfalls.

Fri May 03 2019

Very beautiful from up top, we climbed all through the rocks at the top, never did get to the bottom but a beautiful spot none the less