Bench Rock Nature Trail

Bench Rock Nature Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Garfield, Arkansas and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Rogers: Travel six miles north on U.S. 62, then south on Indian Creek Park Road for 5 1/2 miles.

Went on a hike here last week with my dogs. It is tick infested and one of my dogs was bit by a copperhead. Please be careful watch for snakes!!!!

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

It was a beautiful day and great weather. I hike on top of the bluff line, but when I got towards the end I couldn't find where it went down to hike below the bluff line. I had to walk back to the trailhead and hike below the bluff line. I was short on time and didn't hike to the end and had to turn around. The trail could've been marked a lot better.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Not a bad little trail. the first part of the trail runs along a bluffline. we didn't know this beforehand and my husband and I took our 4 and 7 year old boys. we held their hands, but it was still a bit nerve racking. the 2nd half of the trail runs below the bluffline and makes for a much easier hike with kids. If you have kids and don't want to do the blufflines, you could easily do the trail backwards by just going left at the trailhead and just do the half below the bluffline. In my opinion this was the more interesting part anyway with the cool climbing tree and the Indian Bluff Cave. Nice trail overall though.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Great trail. Nice lake views and ancient Indian cliff shelters. Large rock bluffs.

Saturday, November 09, 2013

I really liked this trail! Amazing views of the lake and had a good variety between bluffs, lake, and through the woods hiking. The trail was a bit hard to see, but overall easy to navigate. My Husband and I went with our 2 huskies and they loved it as well! Very quite, not a lot of people. It starts out with a good incline but there are rock stairs and you do walk VERY close to the edge of the bluffs, but they aren't too high and it's not too scary. The tree growing over the trail is fun to climb on as well. The trail loops back downwards and then you walk along the base of the bluffs. It's pretty neat.

Sunday, February 03, 2013