Ben Geren Bike trail

Ben Geren Bike trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Smith, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I walked the paved trail top loop which is really exposed so the elements. I would recommend doing it in the early morning or late afternoon rather than in the middle of the day as there is little if any shade. This portion of the trail passes by the Amphitheater that overlooks part of the city; there are bathrooms and a shelter at this location which is nice if you need a pit stop.

A really nice trail system for walking and/or hiking. I stay to the paved trails, but there are many dirt trails for mountain biking as well. Doing the entire loop of trails back around Torraine Lake to the center of Ben Geren is close to 10 miles.

I love the Ben Geren bike trails and highly recommend them to anyone that loves to get out into the great outdoors. It's a lovely trail and has paved, off road biking and walking trails. It's almost like going on an adventure each and every time. I usually wind up walking about 4.5 to 6 miles, it can be quite a challenge sometimes with the loops and up hill climbs but that's exactly what I want in a good workout, plus the scenery is beautiful.

Great manicured trails... 0 to 450 feet right out of the gate where we took off from... we will be back

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Fun walking trail. Awesome view up @ the amphitheater. Great workout.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Good paved trail for walking or bike riding. This trail has some challenging hills, and is a great mid distance loop.

Would be great if it had lights for night activities.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Excellent paved walked trails through wooded area. Minimal bike traffic on the shared paved paths. Lots of off road bike trails that criss cross the area.

Monday, February 01, 2016

Great walking and biking trails for couples and families of all ages.

Friday, October 02, 2015

There are multiple mountain bike trails in the area. They crisscross so much that I normally go out there planning to get lost and then find my way back via the paved trail. The mountain bike trails themselves are hard packed dirt with some roots and loose rocks. There is quite a lot of variety in terms of climbs, descents, and other features. It is regularly maintained by the local cycling club and other volunteers.

The easiest access is to either park at the parking lot by the water tower off of Massard or in Ben Geren Park by the frisbee golf course start. For the mountain bike trails, you will likely need a hard tail mountain bike at minimum. Any sort of bike will work for the paved trails.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

While this was probably built to be primarily a mountainbiking trail, I have been using it for hiking with my dog. Since I go early in the morning, so far I have only encountered one bike on the trails, and there was no problem getting out of the way. I am referring to the dirt trails, not the paved ones. If it has been raining, the lower trails stay wet for a while, but as you head up the hill, those drain nicely. I like being in the woods, and in mostly total shade while hiking. We scare up the occasional rabbit, which is always fun. This can be quite a work out, as there are some good hill sections. One loop seems to take me about an hour, and it's easy to loop several together if you want more of a hike.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Really fun trail! Great for intermediate riders who want to get a good work out!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

I've ridden this numerous time-road bike trail and it goes into Fort Chaffee and the loop is probably close to 9 miles-great ride, some hills and elevation climbs but it's not strenous-builds endurance and strength. I really love this trail.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Nice trail offers hard pack single track, rocky single track with modest down hill sections and paved dual track for road bikes. With all the trails that intersect the Ben Geren you can easily end up doing 10+ miles of all new mtb and rb trail.

Sunday, March 27, 2016