Bell Slough Nature Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mayflower, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 95 feet Route Type: Loop

I hiked this trail thanks to a geocache. Was here on May 2nd. The weather was perfect, there was one spot where water was crossing the trail, a small hop and I was across. No issues with mud, etc. What a great surprise! This trail was beautiful. I will be back, with my binoculars, to hike and view the birds. Saw one snake, black racer type, and then 2 water snakes as I was crossing the boardwalk, squirrels, lizards, and birds galore! Love all of the signs along the trail speaking to the nature to be seen in the area. Great job! Oh, and I did find the geocache!

Nice! A few bridges, lots of different birds, beautiful trees. Great hike

Trail was mostly dry on 4/8/10 and made the treck without getting muddy. It was a warm day so we did come across 5 snakes (2 cotton mouths, 3 ribbon snakes) on the trail walkway or less than 5 feet from the trail.

Totally under water as of 4/5/2020

flooded

March 21, 2020 the trail is flooded. I came out to see if I could get by but you will need waders! This is a great easy trail though.

Nice, easy stroll into the woods beside the interstate. Popular for dogs. Several wildlife viewing stations are scattered throughout the trail.

This is my favorite trail for a quick run. I have gone at all different times of the day for a few months now and there are always bugs. It’s partially swampy around the bridges in the beginning, so they tend to mostly stay there. It’s a beautiful run and the trail is nicely graveled. I have seen deer, snakes, and tarantulas, which is always exciting.

Sat Mar 09 2019

Fri Jan 25 2019

I just tried to go on the trail and it was all under water.

Sun Nov 25 2018

Super easy hike, with great views of nature. Don’t go in the summer without insect repellent. A friend and I call is the ‘skeeter trail because of the swarms of mosquitoes!

Thu Jul 05 2018

Very easy hike. We went in the middle of the day in July so we weren’t expecting to see much wildlife but we saw a fawn in the grass beside the bird blind. We also saw lots of birds, frogs, lizards, and one little green snake. The trail was very well maintained with signs at the junctions.

Fri Jun 01 2018

Well-maintained, easy, short hike. We saw a few turtles on our path, birds, lizards, and 3 doe. Very natural

Mon May 21 2018

after reading the reviews, I was surprised at how well maintained this trail is. Has a South loop that is a 1.75 mile hike. A north loop that is 1.25 mile hike, or can do a full loop around 2 mile. Is a nice place close to home that I really enjoy.

Thu Oct 05 2017

Lots of big spiders! Didn't see any animals or wildflowers. Just OK

Thu Sep 28 2017

Wed Apr 19 2017

Trail is absolutely gorgeous. Lost track of time out there.

Sun Mar 26 2017

This was an easy loop. The tail has crushed shale on the path the entire way making it easy to follow. There were wild life blinds along the way however, not a bird in sight. Also did not note any squirrels. As far as the scenery, not as pretty as some trails we have been on but it is close to home making it a good option for us if we are time restricted.

Mon Mar 06 2017

great quick hike

Sun May 29 2016

Could you get aids?

Sun May 22 2016

It's intended to be a place to witness wildlife. I have been here many times and there really isn't much to see. There's some okay fishing spots at the beginning of the trail, apart from that it isn't spectacular.

Sun May 08 2016

very easy, very wide and well maintained trail.

Wed Apr 27 2016

A really easy trail but I just didn't enjoy it that much. I went in the winter so maybe I should try going back another time of year.

Tue Mar 01 2016

Trail is mostly level and very easy. If we had been there when the ducks were it would be great. Very few ducks and not too many birds last day of Feb. Trail parking is right past bridge over river, which we passed and drove all over because i didn't have a map.

Sun Sep 20 2015

Great trail here that is located between Conway and Little Rock. I was surprised how well the trail is maintained after seeing previous reviews. This is a great trail to hike/run on. Many spots with benches to get some rest in and also watch nature. Their is a photo blind off the trail a little ways that overlooks a field where you can spot deer, ducks, any various other animals. Must do if in the area.

Mon Sep 02 2013

It could be so much more. It is a nice trail that hits some neat little spots. Really enjoyed it when it first opened years ago, but it has needed attention the last couple of times we've been (which has been over a year now). Some of the wildlife viewing areas have become run-down and the trailhead bathroom (Port-o-John) has been in bad shape as well. Several interpretive signs needed maintenance. I would love to update this review with something more recent, but my motivation to go back is low after our family's last experience.

recorded Bell Slough Nature Trail