Bell Slough Nature Trail

Bell Slough Nature Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mayflower, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Lots of big spiders! Didn't see any animals or wildflowers. Just OK

Trail is absolutely gorgeous. Lost track of time out there.

This was an easy loop. The tail has crushed shale on the path the entire way making it easy to follow. There were wild life blinds along the way however, not a bird in sight. Also did not note any squirrels. As far as the scenery, not as pretty as some trails we have been on but it is close to home making it a good option for us if we are time restricted.

great quick hike

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Could you get aids?

Sunday, May 22, 2016

It's intended to be a place to witness wildlife. I have been here many times and there really isn't much to see. There's some okay fishing spots at the beginning of the trail, apart from that it isn't spectacular.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

very easy, very wide and well maintained trail.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A really easy trail but I just didn't enjoy it that much. I went in the winter so maybe I should try going back another time of year.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Friday, March 25, 2016

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Trail is mostly level and very easy. If we had been there when the ducks were it would be great. Very few ducks and not too many birds last day of Feb. Trail parking is right past bridge over river, which we passed and drove all over because i didn't have a map.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Great trail here that is located between Conway and Little Rock. I was surprised how well the trail is maintained after seeing previous reviews. This is a great trail to hike/run on. Many spots with benches to get some rest in and also watch nature. Their is a photo blind off the trail a little ways that overlooks a field where you can spot deer, ducks, any various other animals. Must do if in the area.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Monday, September 02, 2013

It could be so much more.
It is a nice trail that hits some neat little spots.
Really enjoyed it when it first opened years ago, but it has needed attention the last couple of times we've been (which has been over a year now). Some of the wildlife viewing areas have become run-down and the trailhead bathroom (Port-o-John) has been in bad shape as well. Several interpretive signs needed maintenance.
I would love to update this review with something more recent, but my motivation to go back is low after our family's last experience.