Beaver Lake Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(127)
Lost Bridge North Park

Beaver Lake Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Garfield, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 649 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

cave

From Rogers, AR, take 62 E to Garfield. Turn left at 127 E, stay to the left about 7 miles. Follow the signs to Lost Bridge Park North. Trailhead parking is on the right after the entrance.

4 minutes ago

Great trail- very peaceful. Didn’t see anyone else hiking while we were there!

Awesome trails right next to Beaver Lake! Campsites located sporadically on the trail. Very peaceful and secluded!

Beautiful trail! We went at an off time but there were tons of washed out areas and the trail is hard to find at places—also we got that it was 7 miles round trip. Also should be noted that a majority of the trail is very steep and not at all “moderate”. Wear good hiking boots and be ready!! Otherwise gorgeous trail.

A beautiful hike! It was great for an early spring adventure to get out of the house.

Our family and boxer enjoyed this trail. It was marked adequately, was steep at times, but also a lot of downhill and flat areas to make up for it. It’s spring, so there was some mud, so don’t wear Sandles if you want your feet to stay clean and dry. 4.7 miles was plenty for us, my girls are 15 and 17.

My Scouts and I found it to be a really enjoyable easy weekend. We found it to be a easy trail. There is some elevation but not very steep. Would recommend for any beginner Hiker/Backpacker. This trail is marked adequately as they never got off tail and that is saying something. Camp sites are very nice. will definitely will be using this trail again.

Trail has a lot of potential but the markers are confusing. Disregard marker colors, they are all the same. Lake shore is beautiful but had a lot of trash. Between the garbage and the marinas it feels like you are hiking by a beautiful parking lot

The trail wasn’t easily seen but it was a good hike. Very steep in one place. This far girl did it though! Very pretty cliffs and lake view!

Not marked very well at all. But better than walking on a street. Had cell reception for the most part so found my way.

Sun May 26 2019

Nice walk in the woods. Skirts a cove on Beaver Lake. Marked decent, but at times trail is washed away. Lots of areas where grass and plants are growing over trail. I would say to wear long pants and boots for sure. Picked a couple ticks off legs. We didn’t see another soul on the trail during our walk. I’ve given it 4 stars only because the trail is sometimes difficult to see.

Fri Mar 15 2019

Pretty good trail! Lots of fun stuff along the way, an old homestead, a few neat overhangs, a cave. My only complaint is that once you cross back over the road, the trail gets a lot less maintained.

Fri Feb 22 2019

Nice little hike, enjoyed, nothing hard, great views along lake.

Sun Oct 21 2018

Plenty of beautiful scenery with a great trail that hugs the lake and winds its way up to an old historic homestead, and a small campsite, if you want to pitch a tent. Side note: the part of the trail that hugs the lake was well marked and easy to follow, but the west part of the trail,(on left of the road going in) got a little tricky to find the markers and path. Aside from that, they have a campground(for a small fee) that has great views of the lake and is very clean. it's a great trail for beginners or those out of shape. I highly recommend!!

Sun Sep 02 2018

lots of wild life. found awesome bones. great family trip.

Thu Jul 05 2018

An OK walk through the woods. A 2 star trail that I give 3 stars b/c one can post-hike swim in Beaver Lake. There are many other trails in NWA that are better, but I have not found one on Beaver Lake that loops to an ending point right on the lake (as opposed to having to drive to the lake, like I had to do after hiking the Pigeon Roost or War Eagle/Little Clifty Creek trails.

Tue Jul 03 2018

On the plus side, we saw whitetail deer, a box turtle and countless grey squirrels; plenty of wildlife. And who doesn’t love a field of ripe wild raspberries?! We even took time to swim in the clear waters of Beaver Lake at a cove beside the trail. It’s a lovely hike, no doubt. That said, the trail is not always marked clearly, the raspberries have nearly taken over at one point and the ticks—both deer and seed—have got a firm claim to the area. All in all, however, it was well worth the effort. There is a back country camping area on the map, but we were led to believe it is not open for use. Also, not sure how it comes over at 4.7 miles. We recorded it at 5.1 and the ranger we spoke to said it’s closer to 6. For Boy Scouts there is a trail patch available through the West Arkansas Council. See their website for details.

Sat Jun 16 2018

Good challenging trail run in June. Started up by ranger pay station to make sure I could find the trail. A little overgrown at that point but cleared up quickly. Most of the path as very easy to follow. Section goes through campground driveway and picks back up just uphill from the marina (asked someone to be sure but was easy to spot once I knew where it was). Good lake views. Lots of spiderwebs and ticks so be prepared. Parts would be very hard to bike unless skilled.

Fri May 04 2018

This trail was absolutely beautiful. It took us about 3-4 hours for the whole thing. I do want to let everyone know that the trail doesn’t actually loop, it end at a campsite and then you have to walk about 2 miles back if you start at the hatchery. The hill is very steep up through the hatchery so it’s for sure pretty hard at the beginning but it was so worth it. All it was about 6 miles. It stormed just yesterday so the waterfalls and creeks were full. Just beautiful.

Wed Feb 14 2018