Cyber Weekend Sale 50% Off
Get Started
Learn more

Beaver Lake Loop via Lost Bridge Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(177)
Lost Bridge North Park

Beaver Lake Loop via Lost Bridge Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Garfield, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 4.7 mi Elevation gain 649 ft Route type Loop
Dogs on leash Kid friendly Camping Fishing Hiking Nature trips Walking Bird watching Running Beach Cave Forest Lake River Views Wildlife Blowdown Muddy Rocky
Description
Waypoints (0)
Facilities
Contact
Getting There

Parking area at the trailhead. Water and facilities at the campsite which is at the end of the loop, or across the street from the parking and up the steps, about 1/10 mi. There are also campsites and a pavilion here. Primitive campsites are available in the middle of the loop.

US Army Corps of Engineers 479-636-1210

From Rogers, AR, take 62 E to Garfield. Turn left at 127 E, stay to the left about 7 miles. Follow the signs to Lost Bridge Park North. Trailhead parking is on the right after the entrance.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (189)
Photos (198)
Recordings (178)
Completed (333)
Ashley Dean McVey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 9, 2020
Hiking

Scenic and also got the blood pumping. My dog went and loved it. Only saw one other person the whole time! Would do again. Spray down, though! Ticks galore.

Gary Engstrom
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 6, 2020
Hiking

took my time. and browsed if I saw interesting things. it was great!

View Gary's Recording
Michelle Gloeckler
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 4, 2020

Need to work up to all 7 miles and be prepared

View Michelle's Recording
cindy bailey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 26, 2020
Hiking

Beautiful hike on a cool fall day. We followed the trail with the map in the app exactly counterclockwise and my walking app put us at 5.5 miles. Enjoyed the historical markers for cabin ruins and Indian bluff marker. We only saw one other couple, one upside on an overcast cool day!

Josh Dickerson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 24, 2020
HikingGreat!

Had a lot of fun on this hike. My wife and I listened to the reviews and went counter clockwise and enjoyed the lake on the back side of the hike. Some steep parts to it, good workout for all experience levels. Only saw a handful of other hikers on the trail, and briefly since we were going opposite directions. Definitely NOT a waste of time while you’re up here.

Mary Sisco
HikingRocky

We went counterclockwise so we could enjoy the view of the lake at the end of our hike. This trail is on the harder side of moderate. Due to the leaves falling the trail was hard to find in some spots. Also the leaves covered a lot of loose rocks and even some bigger imbedded rocks and tree roots. I would do this trail again, but probably in the spring or summer time. We started around 1030 & only saw 1 person until we got toward the end of the trail. It was 50 deg so that probably had more to do with it.

Jenn Doppelt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 23, 2020
Hiking

Fun hike. Good views of the lake. And fall foliage was so pretty!

View Jenn's Recording
Terry Holman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 17, 2020
View Terry's Recording
Amanda Cutler
HikingGreat!Rocky

Awesome hike! Our first time to this area and we were looking for a decently long hike. The sign we pulled up to said 7 miles but we finished at just 5 miles. The recommendation for going counter clockwise was awesome! We got close to the water around mile 3. Beautiful water and great for pictures. Only saw a couple other hikes. Very quaint and beautiful. $5 admission/ donation to come into the park. Would highly recommend for adult hikers!

Christy Reed
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 12, 2020
HikingBugsGreat!Rocky

Gorgeous trail! I definitely suggest starting the trail counter clockwise and saving the lake-side part for the end! One thing I want to say though is puppy-parents beware. We brought our two large dogs with us on the hike and they loved it, BUT there is a LOT of flint/sharp rocks along the trail and one of my dogs sliced his paw pad on the trail. He’s okay and our other dog was fine, but just be aware that much of the trail has flint chips on it and could potentially harm your pups feet! Also, we’re not used to dealing with ticks (as we’re from San Antonio) and our doggos got quite a few ticks on them! Just be cautious and you’ll be fine!

Geneva Stafford
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 11, 2020
Hiking

Nice trail for a day hike! Steep at parts but easy to see the trail the whole way. Could use more blazes. Only ran into a few other hikers.

View Geneva's Recording
Marissa Ostrander
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 8, 2020
BackpackingGreat!

We loved the trail, it was everything you want in a trail! Water views! Challenging! It could have been marked a little better but it was full of history! We want to comeback when the lake is fuller and waterfalls are more visible!

Benjamin Cartmill
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarOctober 4, 2020
Hiking

Great hike but there were a few times it wasn’t well marked and we got turned around.

Tommy Dalton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 20, 2020

Nicely done!

View Tommy's Recording
Julie Manning
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 19, 2020
HikingGreat!

Great hike! I took the advice of another reviewer & kept the lakeside portion of the hike for the end & loved it! There was a cool breeze coming off the lake which was a great contrast to the woodsy hiking. (just know, I’m not good with distances, so please take my distances as estimates :)) The hike has some good inclines & the way I went was uphill for the 1st 1.5 miles or so. (Note of interest... I logged 5.2 miles instead of the 4.7) There are some beautiful rock formations & some really cool fallen trees (LOTS of fallen trees). Sometimes the trail isn’t easy to see, but it’s not too hard to get back on track (maybe that would account for my extra .5 mile ;)) Very peaceful & quiet except for hearing the boats on the lake once you get to that side. Hiked on a Saturday & only passed 3 families... so not crowded. Overall really enjoyed this hike!

View Julie's Recording
Hillary Felberg
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 18, 2020

The trail is great, narrow at times but fine if no one meets you(I saw one couple and their dog so I stepped to the side in a not grassy area). There are quite a bit of loose rocks but its fine if you're paying attention. It gets pretty steep at times which gives you a good leg workout. Im not 100% sure on my identification skills but if I'm right there is a 10ft-15ft section of poison ivy basically covering the trail. Even if its not PI it had wicked thorns so I went off trail and around it. By the looks of it I wasn't the only one. Overall GREAT hike!

Frank Schulte
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 14, 2020
Hiking

Great Trail it is about 5.5 miles and steep at points , beautiful rock formations and caves it takes you a good long way along Beaver Lake , expect some loose rock , good climbs and some brush

Allen Eckhart
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 13, 2020
Hiking

Day use fee of $5, but it’s waived right now due to covid. Good time to get this hike in for free. Not sure I’d pay that much to hike here with free options available, but it’s a nice trail. Went clockwise, but wish I went the other way, that way the lake views and historic sites would be toward the end, instead of a couple miles of forest. Lots of metal blazes in the forest area, but the path isn’t always obvious. Saw a baby snake on the trail by the water, so be careful, baby ones are bad news. Best lake access was about a mile and a half in, just before the trail loops into the woods. Trail ends at campsites but not really obvious how to navigate to the trailhead. Saw one other hiker the whole time, you get some solace, but not necessarily quiet as the lake noise is present throughout the hike.

Darren Cook
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 13, 2020
Hiking

Lake, rock formations, and an old homestead site. Well marked and fun.

View Darren's Recording
Sara Brabender
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 23, 2020
HikingBugsOver grown

Decent trail and not crowded on a Saturday morning. Giving it three stars because (1) lots of loose rocks/gravel + plant overgrowth on the trail path, (2) a couple trail intersections that were not well marked, and (3) we left covered in seed ticks despite best efforts not to come in contact with foliage (this was in August so maybe colder weather won't be as bad). The second half of the trail that borders the lake is definitely the best part. Mostly shaded and just under 5 miles round trip.

Luke Moser
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 16, 2020
Hiking

Great trail. Would recommend pants or lots of bug spray in the summer. I had neither and the grass growing over the trail help me pick up a bunch of bug bites. This was a rookie mistake on my part but the stepped hill sides with rock out cropping was something I’ve never seen around here. The story of the old homestead was pretty interesting as well. Go check it out.

View Luke's Recording
Dory & Jack Quinn
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 18, 2020
HikingBugsRocky

First: we clocked this hike at 5.5 miles, rather than 4.7. That said, it was a great hike. Nice views of the lake and a very nice, peaceful forest setting. It is shaded the entire way. Some areas are rocky. There is some overgrowth in areas but is not problematic with the exception of one very short section that is overgrown with sticker/thorn bushes. We navigated them with no problems so I wouldn’t let that deter you. We saw two dear. Did this hike on a Saturday morning and did not see another person the entire way. We lost the trail in one section but easily got back on; it is generally well-marked with tree tags. The sign at the trailhead says Lost Bridge Trail rather than Beaver Lake Loop.

View Dory & Jack's Recording
Hannah Winegarden
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 28, 2020
Hiking

Beautiful trail! Easy to follow. Great views of the lake, bluffs, and lots of wildlife (we saw 5 deer). Definitely check yourself for ticks after.

Tim Adkins
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 4, 2020
HikingMuddy

Got off trail a couple times but easy to get back on track. We went right after a rain so you could imagine the mud in some spots. A little over grown in some spots. Keep your eyes peeled for snakes by the water. Couple of good rest areas! All in all it was a GOOD HIKE!

McCrae Mower
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 31, 2020
Hiking

Great trail- very peaceful. Didn’t see anyone else hiking while we were there!