Bashore Ridge Loop Trail

Bashore Ridge Loop Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rogers, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Three mile loop that is part of the Hidden Diversity Multi-Use Trail System - Piney Road Access. They call it that because of the diverse combination of geography and anture that can be seen along the way.

Hike is fairly easy as most of it is flat ground. Great scenery through the woods, well marked trail. Turnaround point has a great view of Beaver lake.

me and my husband Absolutely loved it

Bc t la

Nice trail with plenty of scenic points for a short hike

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

great hike

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Super peaceful and quiet. Very secluded on a week day.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Nice view of the lake and great little hike

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Hung our hammocks at the overlook, great view and a nice breeze

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Easy hiking trail with an impressive overlook of the lake at the end.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

From the brochure "Hidden Diversity Multi-Use Trail" of Hobbs State Park Conservation Area, Arkansas: "The [Hidden Diversity] trail name echoes one of the interpretive themes of the park. With awareness, the diversity of life here inspires wonder and discovery. Bluffs, rocky outcrops, limestone bedrock, caves, sink holes, and even a large fault line add to the area's diversity. A wide range of plant and animal species reside on our dry south slopes and rocky glades as well as in moist, protected ravines and wet-weather streams, yet hundreds or perhaps thousands of still-to-be-discovered living creatures and plants are 'hidden' both on the surface and underground."

I enjoyed this 4.44 mile hike, taking the 'Bashore Ridge' loop of the Hidden Diversity Trail. It is a relatively easy hike, mostly along the ridge tops overlooking hollows and valleys. I hiked this on a winter day, so the trees were barren, yet there is a beauty in the hushed tones of of winter, too. I loved the hike. It was a cool and quiet day, except for the wind shushing through the trees. I only saw one other person the whole time. I heard wild turkeys all around me, but they are sneaky critters, and I only saw one. I also saw a magnificent red-shouldered hawk that watched me imperiously. A great hike!

Monday, November 14, 2016

Nice, easy hike. No major must-sees, but the overlook is pretty, and there is the potential for some really stellar views during leaf-off.

The dog and I finished this pretty quickly (about an hour), so we did the Dutton Loop as well. It was our second time on the Dutton Loop, and I've got to recommend doing both trails on the same day. The contrast between being up on the ridge, and then down in the hollow really highlights the different terrain and plants in this area, and makes both trails more enjoyable.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

We hiked this with our dogs. The trail is well marked and well maintained. The overlook on Beaver Lake was pretty, it's a nice stop for a picnic or to just hang out awhile. We did the 3 mile look, then hooked onto the Dutton Hollow Trail that intersects with it.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

This trail was great.

Monday, July 11, 2016

The overlook of the lake was nice.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

This trail was dry fun and had very good scenery

Sunday, May 08, 2016

It's an excellent training trail. Lake access in a great resting place.

Friday, April 01, 2016

Smooth walking, nice and peaceful place to a short hike.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Hiked on a chilly winter day. Encountered about 20+ cyclists, 4 folks on horseback and about 6 hikers. Definitely a diverse group of enthusiasts if anything. I have hiked this loop with my school age Daughter before. The lake doesn't really provide a great place to cool off but the view is beautiful. The dropoff to the water is a bit abrupt in high water levels.
Have always taken the loop in a counterclockwise fashion and it is a good brisk workout. Not much to see at this time other than a woodpecker or two. Always very well maintained and the trails well defined..

Saturday, June 20, 2015

A well maintained and nice trail. A word of caution though...having just hiked this trail today in very hot conditions I realized (belatedly) that distance from the trailhead is 4.6 miles total...NOT 3 miles. The loop is 3 but the trailhead to get to the loop adds another 1.6.

Friday, April 17, 2015

Recently rode this trail again and enjoyed it more so than before. The pines are nice especially when the sun is lowering in the evening sky.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Boring. The only nice part was coming down to the lake cove view on the middle.

Monday, February 25, 2013

This trail hikes longer than advertised, by the the time I got down to the lake and a few short side looks, the GPS showed over five miles. Great hike that I highly recommend, moderate is accurate but if you go slow it is almost easy since the trail is so well defined. After all, it is used by mountain bikes regularly.

Friday, February 08, 2013

This loop is about three miles, but the total walk from the parking lot is probably 4. Although part of hidden diversity, this loop and the adjacent loop are really stand-alone hikes. The parking lot is accessed from the blacktop, and has rest room facilities and water. This is a moderate hike, with probably 400 feet of elevation change on a very well maintained trail. Great woods views, nothing else really remarkable on this loop. This is a great jogging trail.